Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 12-06-2011

Default Losi rims on a fs2??

Is there any way you can make losi/associated rims fit on a fs2? ive got a box full of mini spikes on losi rims and i cant use them
any suggestions??
Old 13-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sadly not at the rear with the FS2 rear geometry as using the proline axles will make the car too wide and have a significantly negative effect on the handling even if you could force it into the box.

At the front I used to run some home made my own hexes to use Losi front wheels (I have a lathe and mill, certainly not a dremel job). To be honest I should have just bit the bullet straight away and replaced all my wheels with Kyosho ones as the tiny Losi hex is just asking to be stripped!

I would seriously recomend getting the Kyosho wheels mate, they are top quality, don't strip out the drives and not any more expensive than any other brand.
Old 13-06-2011

Thanks for the reply. I only asked because i had my first run with it at the weekend (was totally amazing to drive) and of course it started raining and i only had yellow mini spikes with me.
Was going to try and make losi ones fit myself. They do look a tad flimsy (alot of losi drive pins were breaking throughout the race meeting)

I'll stick with the kyosho hex's. I dont want to do anything to remove reliability or performance from the car
Old 13-06-2011

with the older fs I'm sure they had a proline axle kit, not sure about the fs2 though or if the fs proline kit will fit
Old 13-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Proline axle kit (UM502) will work with all configurations other than RB5/SP(SP2) and ZX5-FS2
Old 13-06-2011

I too have first used losi rims, but like others have said: they are like shit.
Kyosho hex is superb(even the stock plastic ones are good enough)
After a while I have switched 100% to Kyosho rims. Should have done that straight from the start...

My advice: buy some acetone ;-) and unglue your tires from the losi rims...
Old 14-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Proline axle kit (UM502) will work with all configurations other than RB5/SP(SP2) and ZX5-FS2
I use the axle kit on my ZX5 FS2 and RB5-SP2 with no problems. What problem did you experience?

As for the front, I bought the Yokomo B-MAX alloy front wheel hexes (same size as B44). You need to make the centre hole larger and make the hole for the pin larger as well but that was easy enough with a drill press. You then need to use a 2 line axle shaft on the standard 73mm bone, and shim accordingly. Yokomo part number was BM-011F from memory.

I've used this setup for more than 12 months with no relaibility issues.
Old 14-06-2011

Hello, i have 2 Pairs of selfmade Things for the LOSI Wheels, Please write me an E-Mail zhan i send you some Pics. Kim.Sitensky@gmx.de

I didn´t use them any more,because i switched to the Kyosho Wheels!

Greets Kim Sitensky
Old 14-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00m View Post
I use the axle kit on my ZX5 FS2 and RB5-SP2 with no problems. What problem did you experience?
First problem is it's too wide to fit in the box thus not legal to race at BRCA / EFRA events.

2nd issue will be that the whole point of the SP2/ FS2 rear geometry is to move the outer hingepin outboard of the centerline of the wheel / tire contact patch .... this is what gives the geometry which chages the cars from awesome to bleeding incredible!!!!
Old 14-06-2011

You could always just remove the tires from the Losi wheels, and remount them onto Kyosho wheels.
http://www.tsanrc.com/2011/04/wheel-salvaging.html
Just don't cut them up like I did in the tutorial, and it should work just as well.
Old 15-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
First problem is it's too wide to fit in the box thus not legal to race at BRCA / EFRA events.

2nd issue will be that the whole point of the SP2/ FS2 rear geometry is to move the outer hingepin outboard of the centerline of the wheel / tire contact patch .... this is what gives the geometry which chages the cars from awesome to bleeding incredible!!!!
Your rules must be different to ours. Our Max. width is 250mm. We had the Australian Nationals and it passed tech inspection with no issues. I'll have to have a look at where the centreline of the wheel falls in relation to the hinge pin.
Old 15-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That is interesting, we are 250mm width too. I doubt very much that my car would fit in the box with dirt racing tires on proline wheels + axles!

My car is running max width on the hinge pins (standard FS2 spec) though.
Old 16-06-2011

I usually run the JC Rulux wheels and have also run with the Losi rear rims. Tyres have been Caliber, Hole SHot Double Dee's, Flip Outs, etc. Also ran some schumacher mini pins when I ran on an Astro track a few times.