Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 11-05-2012

If everyone on oople rings the police something will be done
Old 11-05-2012
Administrator

I don't have the details to hand - I think it might have been users on maxbashing - but could have been pitbike or avforum or somewhere else that did a big post about going to his house to find him?
Definitely contact the police - his details are out there, I'm not sure who can help provide some details that you'll be able to give to the police.
Old 11-05-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61156

http://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34104

http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/tradin...th1377-scammer

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=scammer

https://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=0...+heath+scammer
Old 11-05-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

oh yeah, found this link, it may or may not be him, it was in the oople thread https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...8.610174302..1
Old 11-05-2012

Default the propa way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I've not been scammed for a long time until this year - and it was on Ebay and using paypal. So really there's not many places that are safe from someone like this - who also happens to be active on many websites.

I've banned the ip address he's registered with from even seeing the entire website.
yes there is folks...CASH!! good old fashioned "meet you in the middle with the money"!! ya cant beat it,try it folks it works for me!
Old 11-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I've not been scammed for a long time until this year - and it was on Ebay and using paypal. So really there's not many places that are safe from someone like this - who also happens to be active on many websites.

I've banned the ip address he's registered with from even seeing the entire website.

Idiot, hope he screws over someone local to him with a very short temper

Think im right in saying that unless his ISP provide him with a static IP address ( most dont as its less secure ), then he may re appear from a different IP address next time he reboots his router or if his ISP renew his IP address. Just a heads up Jimmy.......

See My Feedback

Old 11-05-2012

He responded to my wanted ad for b4 shock towers. He sent me an invoice which i paid, albeit for only 9 quid. That was monday and nothing yet. The invoice said Craig Johnson not Tom Heath though. Same guy?
Old 11-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee24h View Post
I feel so niave i got confident i have had countless stuff
From top honest guys and now this a pro forum con man
I should seen it coming plus i now have seen the reciever im
Buying on google images
Cheers
Guys for opening my eyes
Don't beat yourself up about it Lee, your not the only guy this crook has duped, but hopefully paypal will get our money back and the police catch up with him. It's sad that this unscrupulous guy seems to have done this sort of thing before and is still at it. Sign of the times me thinks.
Old 11-05-2012

Just to let you guys know, informing the police does work.

I got scammed to the tune of £500 for a turbo for a car once (i paid via paypal but not as a gift). The police caught up with the guy who lived in Birmingham and got community service (yes not the worst penalty, but its a start!!)

I also got my money back via paypal
Old 12-05-2012

AND ANOTHER 1 BEEN CAUGHT.HE RESPONDED TO MY WANTED ADD BUT PAID VIA PAYPAL (NOT GIFT )AND HAVE PROCEEDED TO CLAIM MONEY BACK. ALSO I PAID CRAIG JOHNSON FROM LONDON.ONLY THING IS HE CAN GOT TO A INTERNET CAFE AND DO IT ALL AGAIN AS WILL HAVE DIFF IP ADDRESS.
Old 12-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee24h View Post
Due to hypercraig i will not be trading or buying here
At the present time unless i have told you personally on pm
Thanks
Lee

dont tar everyone with the same brush there are some great guys and gals to deal with on here check trader feed back its a good start

(Ebay isnt too clever im waiting over a week for a cheque (still have goods but no doubt will still get fees )

Fid
Old 12-05-2012

COULD THIS BE A PICTURE OF HIM

http://dulcehipocresia.deviantart.co...raig-174302689
Old 12-05-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster

I posted on Maxbashing a while ago after reading about "TOM HEATH" scamming people on MSUK forum aswell.........he got caught and fined by the police/courts so will be easy to get hold of him/his details !!!

Heres the original post from MSUK

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

POPULAR
Back in 2001, the forum was just starting out. The members mainly were customers of the Modelsport shop, and had a real interest and passion for the hobby. As the forum had aimed to be a community to bring together enthusiasts of RC cars, there was a sense of friendship and people didn't mind helping out others with advice, knowledge or even free parts.

As the forum grew, our membership shot up as the reputation the MSUK-forum built became known as THE place to go if you wanted to find something out about your RC car. However, with this increase in forum traffic, naturally, it brought an element of life that we never like to see - the scammer trying to make quick cash. Case in point, was 2007, a young man who decided that our 13,000 members were a prime target to make money. Due to the legal/court involvement on our part, we cannot use his real name or identify the member, so we'll refer to him as "Tom".

Now, the easiest way to scam someone is to sell something you don't actually have. So, Tom realized that he could do his deed by jumping on the idea of the most popular RC car of recent times, a HoBao Hyper 7. He spent around....oooooh....10secs on Google images to find some pics of a Hyper 7 in decent condition, and then listed it for sale on the forum. He threw together a vague description and story about how he'd bought it, loved it, took care of it, but as times were tough, it needed to be sold, and he was asking a mere £140 for it, ready to run. The two important points he listed though, were PayPal only, and Post only, no collection. PayPal because it is a common and quick way of transferring money. Post only, to stop unwanted (angry) people at his door.

In 2007, £140 for a fairly mint Hyper 7 would have been an utter bargain, so it was no surprise that after 20 or so minutes, Tom had 4 forum members all offering the asking price plus another £10 for postage. He sent details of his payment address, and within half an hour of joining MSUK, he'd grabbed £600. Within a day, he had more offers close to the asking price, and by the weekend, Tom had gained £1500. Of course, he had no intention of sending the car, because it didn't exist...

After a couple of weeks without anything being delivered, the full scale of the situation became apparent. The forum members who had sent Tom money were starting to get anxious and posted questions on the thread. "Where's my car?"...."I paid for next day delivery for this!"...."You bought it too?"...."Yeah, did you?"..."I bought it too, I think we've been done". Tom was ignoring all methods of contact and after closing his PayPal account he was proving to be untraceable. Then, someone did the best thing they could have done in that situation - they pressed the 'Report' button.

Automatically, all forum staff were sent an email saying that there was a problem with the member, and that we should look into it. When we spoke to those involved, we saw that there was a serious problem and it needed investigating. After some looking through the forum database, we found Tom's other usernames, IP address (which was a proxy server) and email address. With the aid of various websites (that we also can't reveal because of ongoing investigations with subsequent cases), and the details he himself provided to those he scammed, we found Tom's real name, date of birth, home address and landline number. Despite the appeal of going in person to retrieve the money, we got in touch with the Police and passed all his details on (along with printouts of the thread), who were surprised at the amount of evidence and information we could gain on him, fairly easily.

The Police took our information and found that he'd been scamming on other forums too, and later we found that Tom had been arrested for fraud and theft through deception. He was fined the maximum allowed by law, which was £3,750, and was ordered to do 80 hours community service.

A big thank-you to everyone involved. It took some time but we got there in the end and we are doing the exact same to all those other scammers we've had through out the last year!

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 12-05-2012

so on this note are the mods going to give out the info they hold on this person so we can go to the police. other wise all we'll get from them is we need a name and address ect ect.so if a mod is reading can they please email us with the info?i paid this person via paypal (not gift) and have a copy of this to provide.i am willing to go to the police and as said urge other to do so aswell, but need the info.
Old 12-05-2012

Send a message via MSN to Garry

Do your homework on someone, ask for feedback threads, don't deal with people who don't have 100% feedback, don't use PayPal Gift.

Simple steps to make sure you're not scammed. You wouldn't do it with a house or car, so don't with RC stuff either.
Old 12-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think if you have any doubt that the seller may not have the car ask him a technical question about the car that a scammer would have no idea about. No answer no deal.
Old 12-05-2012
Mad Member

What a total ...... i feel sorry for you guys and girls who have dealt with him.

Best of luck!

Thanks.
Old 13-05-2012

Default hyper craig is a robber!!!!!!

hi all,just wanting you all to know that this lad,ripped off my mate on here out of £55,but lucky for him he didnt pay as a gift so i will copy all thats been said on here and post it to him so he can let paypal know,i know this will not help you all but it might give them a clue on whats going on
Old 13-05-2012

Scammed me too for £30, i feel so silly for not looking at his joined date etc.

This all happened on the 10th

I been in touch with paypal too.

Love to know where this guy lives so i can snap his jaw.

KyoshoBash username he used.....

Last edited by glenehan; 13-05-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: add scamers name
Old 13-05-2012
Mad Member

Every dog has it's day and his is coming, believe me