Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 28-03-2015

Default Noob RC YouTube Channel

Hi Guys !
I have recently started racing at a local indoor track after years of playing and bashing on the streets and parks. The first thing i noticed was how much of a difference it is and how difficult it is to get a clean run in !
Any way, i have decided to start a youtube channel to record my progress and track times and also for learning and developing my knowledge of the hobby.
I am hoping to meet both some other noobies and some more experienced Rc racers from all over the world to share experiences, tips, tricks and knowledge for racers of all levels.
Each week i will post a new video of how my racing is progressing, any changes or upgrades i do to my car and also the occasional bashing video with my HPI bullet st nitro and HPI nitro rs4.
Currently i am running an old Schumacher SST99 (Maybe an SST2000) with a 27 turn brushed motor! but i only race a very small track of 14m x 7m so its not painfully slow, even so i wouldnt be able to handle anything much faster anyway ! i have done the necessary upgrades in the form of a nice quick Savox servo, and decent grippy tires which were a gift from one of the racers who has helped me out heaps ! he has set up my car, given me a few sets of tires and lent me esc and radio as mine decided to give up on me, what a guy ! he also races 200mm nitro nationals quite successfully too ! Maybe one day ill get in to the nitro racing side of things but for now ill hone my skills on the tight little indoor circuit i race on a thursday evening.
I hope that there will be some of you who would like to join me on my journey into the world of rc racing, maybe you could open your own youtube channel too and a group of us can learn and teach together !
Help me out by giving my channel a subscribe and leave any pointers, hints, or questions in the comments boxes ! Thanks guys ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSi...VM-V42VXf_314w