Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 20-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Default X6 Question/Help

Hi,

Just started to strip down step sons X6 and have noticed that the chassis is broken and one of the rear wishbones is cracked. Also one of the inner hinge pin rear is bent. Looking on X-factory web site and it says that the X6 wishbones and chassis have been discontinued.

Can I just buy a X6 sq Chassis and rear wishbones and fit them or do I need to get other parts to fit. Plus the hinge pins are they different?

Any help would be great need to get the car running for Friday night

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd
Old 20-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPaynter View Post
Hi,

Just started to strip down step sons X6 and have noticed that the chassis is broken and one of the rear wishbones is cracked. Also one of the inner hinge pin rear is bent. Looking on X-factory web site and it says that the X6 wishbones and chassis have been discontinued.

Can I just buy a X6 sq Chassis and rear wishbones and fit them or do I need to get other parts to fit. Plus the hinge pins are they different?

Any help would be great need to get the car running for Friday night
Hi Rob,

First things first, "Discontinued" on our site simply measn "no more in production" so when they run out they are "discontinued" and there will be no more, however whilst they are still on the site, we have stocks and we do indeed have good stock still of original X6 chassis and original X6 wishbones.... We only dont have anything once it gets deleted from the site altogether.

The hinge pins are indeed the same, there was a change a few years back where they were made longer but most cars are now on these already, if not, you will need to change the rear wishbones hanger too, but that is unlikely.

You can "upgrade" to the X6 Squared chassis if you wish, you will need the following bits.
  • Chassis (XF1005 - Graphite, XF1006 - Plastic or XF1009 Plastic Saddle version)
  • Battery retianer (XF1225 or XF1226)
  • Battery strap (XF1223 - stick or XF1224 - saddle)
  • Servo mounts (XF1241)
  • Rear inner hinge pin bushes (XF6142)
Plus ideally you should also fit the Squared rear wishbones and rear tower (XF3012 and XF3313) too....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 20-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Wow. Thank you Darren that is a massive help. I was going to give you call tomorrow about this just could not wait so posted on here

You will be receiving a order from me tomorrow

Thanks again.

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd
Old 02-12-2012

My son runs an X6 and like you thought that they were no longer for sale and bought squared wishbones instead but had to pack them out with a couple of spacers does anybody know what detrimental effect this would have on the handling?
Old 02-12-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee1972 View Post
My son runs an X6 and like you thought that they were no longer for sale and bought squared wishbones instead but had to pack them out with a couple of spacers does anybody know what detrimental effect this would have on the handling?
Hi Lee, the geometry of the suspension would be slightly different due to the Squared wishbones being "straight" (so that they are non-handed) as opposed to the originals which had a left and right owing to their shape.

If you fit a "Squared" rear shock tower too the geometry will then be back to exactly the same as the original car (which was the whole reason for the new tower - to keep things the same)

Hope that helps........
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 02-12-2012

Thanks Darren I'll check it against mine when it comes, I've been converted