Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 16-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
We've been looking for 3 months now chris. Ive got mortimer school in shields but i think it should be more central like durham / washington area to maximise amount of members...
OK, I know everything isn't perfect with Jarrow school, start & finish times etc and the future is uncertain with the new build, but I wouldn't want to see us jump without a second thought.

Jarrow has done us a great favour and has and are continuing to sub the club to the tune of £60 every time we race, not to mention the discount NERCR get on a Sunday. Like they say "grass and greener". Perhaps we should open this up to a wider debate....

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Old 17-02-2009
Grammarator

Send a message via Skype™ to emzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by djduncaz View Post
have u tryed whitburn school . they have a sports hall about the same size as jarrow
Whitburn are moving into a new school in March... I don't know how they'd feel about using the new hall? Worth a try though!
Old 17-02-2009

get it back in brinkburn like the good old days ..... just keep a mr g dickson well away ... used to be about 30p to race
Old 17-02-2009

I think this outdoor track is a great idea and it will be mint in the summer but in the winter I cannot we that many wanting to race outdoors ? Maybe I am wrong ? I think indoors is a must when it's cold ! I really hope we can find somewhere !
Old 17-02-2009

I mean even if we ha to pay more to race ? As long as we have an indoor venue for the winter ! I am gutted I have to wait another week of some racing never mind long periods !
Old 17-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalla View Post
OK, I know everything isn't perfect with Jarrow school, start & finish times etc and the future is uncertain with the new build, but I wouldn't want to see us jump without a second thought.

Jarrow has done us a great favour and has and are continuing to sub the club to the tune of £60 every time we race, not to mention the discount NERCR get on a Sunday. Like they say "grass and greener". Perhaps we should open this up to a wider debate....
Ian correct me if i'm wrong but when the new school is built aren't we going to have to find a new venue? I thought we wont be allowed to race at the new school....
Old 17-02-2009

Default New School

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
Ian correct me if i'm wrong but when the new school is built aren't we going to have to find a new venue? I thought we wont be allowed to race at the new school....
Like I said everything is up in the air.

1. We do not know what the sports hall floor will be like. i.e are the cars going to mark it. Could we put enough carpet down to protect the floor at jumps etc?

2. We do not have any idea of the costs going in. It is only supposition that it will be more expensive.

3. Storage is also an unknown.

What I do know is that the PFI have to honour the existing lettings, including us, so the opportunity is there if we want it. However if we leave there will be then classed as a new letting and will definitely be subject to full costs.

Perhaps now is the right time approach the PFI comany and get some of these questions sorted out.

Like I say the school is still supporting us, even in a climate of possible redundancies.

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Old 17-02-2009
Mad Member

This is all news to me.This is why i think its important to let people who care know what is going on with our club. Its getting like the masons. Shhh. Say nowt.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 17-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
This is all news to me.This is why i think its important to let people who care know what is going on with our club. Its getting like the masons. Shhh. Say nowt.
Everytime anything is said to people you get no interest, you can phone ian and organise it between yourselves to discuss it with the new PFI company to see if continuing at Jarrow School is possible or if a new venue is needed would probably be the first step and something that needs doing ASAP as venues (as I have found so far) aren't easy to find, as I personally haven't got the time at present. Until now I wasn't aware that it was still an option to stay at the school, the size of the new hall would also need to be considered.

Peter
Old 17-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Thats what happens when you miss a weeks racing or 2. you miss the crack and also any information.
Old 18-02-2009
Mad Member

I only missed last week cos the Dutchess was ill. Love it at Jarrow.Hope we can get something sorted. Having an outdoor venue would be good in the summer but winter would be no good with our weather.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 23-02-2009

See here first outdoor meeting at the track.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...663#post211663

A vid of the new track layout aswell,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYdVN4Vh52E

All the track work was completed yesterday, thanks to the people that turned up, including david pack after going the long way to get there .

The astro is now smooth and the jumps have downramps on them, instead of just coming to a stop as they did in the video.

Peter
Old 25-02-2009

Much better vid on the new layout

click on the high quality link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfhWVJBB_mA&layer_token=6581e7fe64bb59a8 &fmt=18
Old 25-02-2009
Lee-Mag

The track looks so much better, i hope to be there at the weekend

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com