Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

Default Are people still happy with there 2wd choices - losi 22, Durango ,cougar and x2c

Im curious just to see how people are finding there latest 2wd purchases.

So far I've seen the losi 22's not appear to flavour of the month anymore and they often appear for sale and for a cheap price. Mid motor seems most popular but I personally don't like the idea of having to buy a stubby lipo to fit properly.

Durango 22's seem popular and seem to hold there money. Although if I'm being honest, around the track they don't look as stable as say an x6 and seem a bit twitchy over the bumps. ( I am however interested in buying one ).

Cougar sv's . Had one myself but sold before I used it. As far as I am aware the reliability issues seem to be sorted by buying decent bearings from new. Still popular at racing and a price drop on the s1' seems a good move by Schumacher .

X2c , from what I read they are well liked and loved and appear to be getting a very good team together in the uk. I can see this being the car to beat and spares should be cheaper than the opposition. It's the little things that I don't like using e clips etc and overall ruggedness of materials that give the impression of a cheaper car ( ie materials used ). Again I ca see myself buying one to try as I've had a few madrats and magnums for messing around with.

So that's my opinion, however I'd love to know what cars you are running now and indeed if you have swapped from one brand to another and the reasons behind this.

And lastly to throw a spanner in the works, has anyone movede back to older technology such as losi cr/ b4 or the not so old x6 ha ha ( I still love the x6 lol ).

Fire away and I reckon it should be interesting to hear everyone's opinions.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199
Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

Just to add although it maybe early stages the new centro as well.

It's probably had its maden voyage over last weekend. And what is people's opinions so far. From my understanding it's had a few minor quality issues , but then again turn the clock back and we have all evolved from all kits needing slight mods or kissing With the dremel ha ha.

RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

I bought a TRF201 this summer and I'm very happy with it so far, though I have very little time to go to a track with it. I have to admit though, if the Durango would've been released earlier I would have definetely bought that instead.

I have a DEX210, but it's currently on the shelf I can't afford to run two, but I also couldn't afford not buying the DEX210, it's too nice a car for that. That's also the reason I know I would've preferred a DEX210 over my TRF201, the building experience was amazing and the setup options on the car are endless
Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

My first 2Wd ever after years of 4WD was a Kyosho RB5 SP2 Vega, although it is the only 2WD I have ever owned I cannot see anything out there that I would rather have as it is so well balanced and I can drive it. Simple and effective.

There are there are enough adjustments for setting up but not so many it gets complicated and I love it.
Old 15-11-2011
Super Moderator

Personally i am very happy with the durango, in fact i love it to bits, it is my first 2wd car for a long time & as it stands i wont be going back to 4wd anytime soon
Surprised to hear you say it's not settled over the jumps, mine jumps flat & lands great, i drove a rb5 vega the other week for a meeting & compared to the dex210 it was all over the place, couldn't get it to jump properly & over the bumps it was very scatty, saying that in the right hands it is clearly still a great car as Kev Lee will tell you but it is not for me
Not seen a C4 go yet
As for the old losi's, they are still ripping up the track at stotfold, there are a couple there & they always make the A final
I guess at the end of the day it is the car that does it for you for me it's the durango
Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

Still loving my cougar, thinking about getting another one and retiring my current one. It has been a great car and it is going really well lately.
Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

Durango don't make a 22!lol
Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc View Post
Durango don't make a 22!lol
Ha ha that's my spelling and doing it on my iPad at daft o'clock in the morning.

I'm abouts to start nights again back in work and needed to stay awake so what better way than rc ha ha.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared

Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainsy View Post
Personally i am very happy with the durango, in fact i love it to bits, it is my first 2wd car for a long time & as it stands i wont be going back to 4wd anytime soon
Surprised to hear you say it's not settled over the jumps, mine jumps flat & lands great, i drove a rb5 vega the other week for a meeting & compared to the dex210 it was all over the place, couldn't get it to jump properly & over the bumps it was very scatty, saying that in the right hands it is clearly still a great car as Kev Lee will tell you but it is not for me
Not seen a C4 go yet
As for the old losi's, they are still ripping up the track at stotfold, there are a couple there & they always make the A final
I guess at the end of the day it is the car that does it for you for me it's the durango
The durangos seemed to go over southports bumpy section with the cars bouncing and being a tad unpredictable. By comparison an x6 looked like it was on a flat surface and ran in a straight line.

The 22s also appeared a little low on ground clearance and had similar handling. The cougars appeared more settled and equally capable over the rough.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared

Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

I am still loving my X6. I am so happy I bought another one.
Old 15-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Love my Cougar, took it outdoors for the 1st time last weekend at Broxtowe and improved by miles every heat. It is so smooth to drive and jumps superbly.

Moving from 4 to 2WD is the best thing I've done, loving it :-)

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 15-11-2011
Mad Member

I knew what you meant , I was just being a nob lol
Old 15-11-2011

My sons 11 years old and has been racing a dnx408 for 6mths which he loves again a controversial car.
Bought a dex210 for him first 2wd used it once at stotfold on a damp track car was sublime first time he used it 2nd in B final ,then used it at westmill on the astro mostly 22's there most people commented on how settled it looked in the corners and the amount of grip again on a damp track.Have to say only other car driven is a cougar (didnt get on with it).
My son loves his durango and is looking forward to Mkgp to see how it really handles.
DURANGOS ALL THE WAY!!!!
Old 15-11-2011

Im really happy with all the durango products atm. Especially the 210. The 410 hasnt been used used much since having it !!
Old 16-11-2011

I have one of those old Losi's (Stotfold) with a Mid motor alloy chassis and it has been very good in all weathers.

I have recently changed to a Ansmann X2c and all I can say is how easy it has been to drive and set up. The X2c has a big test this Sunday at the Stotfold Winter series round 2.
Old 16-11-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinevan View Post
So far I've seen the losi 22's not appear to flavour of the month anymorand they often appear for sale and for a cheap price .
That's the problem with people relying on flavor of the month to cure their lack of skills as a tuner, mechanic, or DRIVER.
Old 16-11-2011

Still loving my Cougar, works so well on any type of surface.
Old 16-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayce View Post
That's the problem with people relying on flavor of the month to cure their lack of skills as a tuner, mechanic, or DRIVER.
I wouldn't necessarily agree on that. Some cars are just easier to be faster and far more predictable when pushed.

Me personally I remember having a go on a squared in practise when I was running 4wd . I was immediately impressed on how an un setup car had far more high speed turn in, grip and flew over the bumps compare to the numerous 2wd cars that I have ran in the past .

My experience shows that my

Trf201 was very predictable, understeered at speed but was stable at all speed. Cheap parts was a massive bonus . However was not aggressive enough for me.

Cougar had masses more steering, was generally fast but needed a longer wheelbase, soft top deck and was expensive on breakages.

X6 was ace all around but I managed to snap the chassis as I made the front end to strong by having a k factory tower and alloy top plate . Chassis snapped at literally 10 mph and it put me off.

B4 - what brought me back to racing and when I ran one everyone had one. Never changed the setup and was great apart from in the wet where it behaved like err every other 2wd ha ha. ( other cars I've ran are not as tail happy ).
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared

Old 16-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL View Post
I have one of those old Losi's (Stotfold) with a Mid motor alloy chassis and it has been very good in all weathers.

I have recently changed to a Ansmann X2c and all I can say is how easy it has been to drive and set up. The X2c has a big test this Sunday at the Stotfold Winter series round 2.
I think from what I've read I'll probably buy one as I've not read many negatives as yet.

It's interesting reading peoples comments on why they swapped cars and whether or not it was a good decision.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared

Old 16-11-2011
Banned

FAB'S RB5 MCS!!

By far the best car i have ever owned!