Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-11-2011

I started with the 22, it's not the best of cars for starters and hard to set up. x2c is sooo much better than 22 in the handling section but a little fragile. Cant fault the x2c on handling at all it is very easy to drive and very forgiving!!
Old 27-11-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

Why isn't the Cougar in this short list?
Old 27-11-2011

Default it's a schumacher jinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncrabb View Post
Why isn't the Cougar in this short list?
i am badly jinxed with schumachers. though i like the cars - that said the cougar costs more than most 2wd kits
Old 27-11-2011

I ran a 22 this year. It was a nice build and parts, although electronics installation was tight, I didn't break a part all year. I struggled for pace almost everywhere with it though, carpet, wet/dry grass, high grip astro. It actually often felt pretty good in practice, but I would struggle for pure pace against other racers. Despite Gnarly's great support in the Losi section I only managed to make marginal improvements through setup.

Going back to my B4 this winter felt great, but today I tried an X6 for the first time, and found an immediate improvement in pace over the B4. I would definitely consider an X6.

As has been said though it's always helpful to have a car with a decent spares supply and be able to share setups with your buddies, so consider what's popular locally.
Old 27-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Just to "clarify" some comments about the X6 in this thread and to back up the numerous good comments already made about the car, direct from the "horses mouth" so to speak (me)........

It is available as either a converison kit (K019) if you have a B4 donor car already, or a complete car (K021) if you are looking for the whole thing in the one box. (You can even buy the "Ellis" spec conversion too at present in limited numbers also - K020)

There is no more dremelling required than any other car currently on the market on the X6 now, certinaly NOT anything essential required to "make" it work.

It takes stick, saddle or stumpy LIPO batteries on all chassis layouts available.

It is based on the B4 (all the font end , most of the transmission and some of the rear end) which is quite possibly THE most popular 2wd car ever, so spares in abundance either new from stores or already lying around in most racers pit boxs.

Proven, fast deisgn that is safe to drive (fast) and easy to drive at the same time.

All kits, conversions and spare parts readily available from a multitiude of dealers and stores we have in our network all over the country now, not just through one outlet.

Popular locally at the likes of the tracks you are thinking of; Ware with Kevin Hunt reguarly at the sharp end of the A finals at their saturday series, Stotfold, with the likes of David Orbell at most meetings there or there abouts too and EPR with Ellis Stafford for one, present there more often than not.

HTH
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 27-11-2011

In 2wd I have only run a Vega RB5 so am not in a position to compare cars but can add my two cents in support of the car. It is expensive as you need a donor car and a conversion, but then so do several on your short list...

Since I have had it I haven't broken anything, not a single thing in 4 months which is remarkable really. I'm no F1 driver, I'm average at best and I have had some almighty smashes including somersaulting it about 8 times at the end of the straight and it got put back on track in A1 condition. I raced a B44.1 for a similar length of time and went through 3 wishbones, 2 shock shafts and had dozens of ball cups pop off mid race, I've not even had a single ball cup come off the Vega, it is solid as a rock. If you drove it into a wall it would probably knock the wall down!

Also, I notice you say that Stotfold would be one of your likely local tracks... This is my 'local' as well and Kev Lee often races there so help of the highest order is often on hand to help with set ups and advice.

As for what cars are popular at Stotfold, there isn't a dominant brand really. There are plenty of X6, 22's, Vega's, Cougars, 210's. The only cars I would say are weaker represented at the club meets week in week out would be the B4.1/C4.1 and the Ansmann cars. There are some there, but not as many and not as often.
Old 27-11-2011

I had a go of Karl Jacksons x2c at herts the other week and within a couple of laps i was within 0.5 sec a lap of his pace so easy to drive might just have to get one myself

Old 28-11-2011
Mad Member

I have to say that I have been able to drive a B4 before converting it to an X6 which I ran for a couple of years before deciding to move to a CR2. I purchased a TLR 22 when it came out and felt that I had make a lot of changes to the car which made it much better to drive. I then decided to buy a 210 and tried it back to back with my TLR 22 and I have to say that I find the 210 much better out of the box without much change. I have always struggled in 2wd especially outdoors if it got wet until I got the 210. Before I got the 210 I was able to drive an Ansmann Mad Monkey in comparison to my TLR 22 and I got better lap times with the Mad Monkey. For me it is all how a car feels and it gives me confidence in a car if I feel I have traction when I need it which I have with the 210.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 28-11-2011

Default THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT AND SUGGESTIONS

Dear gents

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have decided on getting the Durango dex210. I chose it over the Ansmann X2c for the following reasons:

1. can switch from mid to rear motor mount (something the x2c unfortunately doesn't do);
2. It's fully specced with high quality parts (I am told that it is adviseable to get a few bits and bobs for the X2c, which is only about 60 quid less than the Durango.
3. the layout is optimized with sticks running along the middle - I also got it over the Losi 22 for much the same reason.

I am sure the car will be better than me, and I hope the diff doesn't cause me too many problems...

Hope to see you down at the racetrack come the new year!

Lohan