Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 14-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Outdoor dirt track .... could be interesting .... could be muddy ... have to wait and see!
Old 14-12-2007

another flat grass track. Why dont we just go back to Holbeach........................
Old 14-12-2007

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelimages View Post
because there is only one compound, no wet option. if a club specs grp and ballistic you have 1 dry option and 2 wet, if you spec grp and schumacher you have 2 dry and 1 wet.

had grp come out with a green/wet tyre to go with the yellow then it may well have been a different story.

dan has blown the last 4 sets of schumacher yellows in the same place, at the juniors he had to run the the last leg on an old pair of tyres which we found at the bottom of the pit box just to get a chance of winning so i am slightly anti the current schumacher offerings
The GRP tyres work in all conditions.... Hence why the compound that was used, was used, if you catch my drift. I've run them in the wet, dry and inbetween. On both 2 and 4wd.... The tyre works aswell as, if not better than the rest.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 14-12-2007
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Adam do the grp's struggle for drive when it is wet because of the length of the spike compared to ballistics?
Old 14-12-2007

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Nope...
I tq'd a round in the wet at a regional with them on.....
Just changed insert.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 14-12-2007

How is this going to work the BRCA 2007 / 2008 have broken the rules.
What penalty will they receive???

How do the 1/10th BRCA committe expect members to abide by the rules???

I feel sorry for two clubs who have invested a lot of money in to 1/10th off road tracks and have not been taken at face value.

Very disappointed BRCA Member.
Old 14-12-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny McGee View Post
another flat grass track. Why dont we just go back to Holbeach........................
Or silverstone.....

Im disapointed i wish we could have CML instead of tailwain place.The only way im really going to come and race at cml is if there is a national there as its a long way just for a one day event.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 14-12-2007
Mad Member

Adam,

I know one track actually had Shum/GRP as the nominated tyres but was asked to stick with the rest!!

Not mentioning any names.....

I gotta say i had my groans last year after some of the Nationals.... but reading this at the moment, are we gonna put people off entering the biggest and best National series in the world??????

I do feel for some of the clubs who have put in plenty of time and effort only to get nothing!!!!
Then there is tracks who have entered for first time and have been given a National.
Coventry i felt put on a great job at the F3's and i can only guess they asked for it again... if not i would be pretty p$ssed.

I must say that if i was in the situation some of the clubs that missed out were in, i would think 'what is the point'

Anyway, i think there is some more news on the way that will take people over boiling point!!!!!!!
Old 14-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Ash,
Write this on your hand, tattoo it if you have to:
2006 track = bad
2007 track = good

2006 weather = very good
2007 weather = bad

good = we want
bad = don't want.

LOL.

So with a 2007 track and 2006 weather, Oz will be great.
How do you guys think we could improve are track what are you guys looking for, this is something i dont get it knowone seems to ask the racers what they want of a track like ours. Personally i dont want people going away saying that was a good track i want them saying it was an ace track.

The whole point of the weekend is track. If the track is crap the weekend is crap.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 14-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

My main problem with the track is its just flat grass with a couple of jumps. It's kinda like touring car racing on grass.
Old 14-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

never been but from what people are saying more jumps and bumps needed with some interesting corners
Old 14-12-2007

Given the number of questions on here relating to why the National Venues listed were chosen I thought it best to try to explain the selection process.
The process is democratic and those voting consist of the 10 Regional Reps, Drivers Rep, Secretary, Referee, Treasurer and the Timekeeper (15 in total). On the night of the meeting this year, four regional reps and the timekeeper did not attend, so a total of 10 voters were present (the section Chairman does not vote unless there is a tied vote which he would resolve).
The selection process began with a presentation on behalf of each club applying (normally by the appropriate Regional Rep) to ensure the committee have full details of all aspects of the venue such as track surface, track features, location, onsite catering, pitting area, toilets, accessability, hotels and restuarants etc.
Following presentations the End of Season Final venues were voted on as follows:
BRC/Juniors/Veterans (total 10 Votes) Eastrax 4, Talywain 3 and Holbeach 3. Eastrax selected.
F345 Finals (total 10 votes) Coventry 5, Talywain 3 Oswestry 2. Coventry selected.
National Series (total sixty votes) Holbeach 5, Kidderminster 10,Oswestry 8, Stotfold 10, Southport 10, Talywain 7, Eden Park 8, CML Raceway 1, Clanfield 1. Kidderminster, Oswestry, Stotfold, Southport, Talywain and Eden Park selected.
It is difficult to please everyone all the time and as shown above there are bound to be disapointments, however I am sure you will all agree that the selection process was fair and above board (by the way the vote counting takes place in front of the whole committee to gaurd against accusations of manipulation).
In closing I can comfirm that there were no late National applications, Kidderminster awaited buildings work costings so was not mentioned at the AGM (in case it had to withdraw on cost grounds) and the Southport application arrived while the Committee attended the AGM (not late but not mentioned either).
I hope this goes some way to explaining how results come about and gives some assurances that the BRCA Committee are trying to to do the best possible job for all drivers taking part in the National Series and EOS Finals.
Regards
Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section.
Old 14-12-2007
LeeOtard

ozwastree, needs flowing jupms...up and doen ramps made with curves....tight sections of track with jumps to and frm a corner....rythem sections....

jump sections

better use of space.

etc etc etc
Old 14-12-2007
LeeOtard

hold on.................................

surely thts a late entry...you cant 'wait' for building works...u put in or u dnt....if u have to wait,...your out....like saying give me the lethal injection..then as its going in wait wait......doesnt seem right?

and why do the regional reps get to choose events and on what process?
Old 14-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

CML 1 vote !!!!!! Charlie can i ask please , has any of the 10 members who voted actually seen the CML track for themselves ?????
i will bet all 10 have not been there .
Old 14-12-2007

Nope!
Kidderminster national application dated 20th October - buildings work costing came well after AGM.
Regional Reps represent their Regions on the Section Committee - they are an integral part of the Section and provide knowledge of a particular part of the country - well placed to express a view I would have thought. I explained the process in my last post.
Old 14-12-2007
LeeOtard

i thought it was there job to ask the regional drivers which tracks out of the selected they would ideally like to have a national?

2 reasons...if so; then how could they pick kiddy or southport due to them not being allocated.

2; if the regional reps are just deciding which tracks, how many of them actually race? she the advantages of each track? and the appeal from a racers point of view?
Old 14-12-2007

I feel a euro's style tripple coming on hehe

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
ozwastree, needs flowing jupms...up and doen ramps made with curves....tight sections of track with jumps to and frm a corner....rythem sections....

jump sections

better use of space.

etc etc etc

Old 14-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
How do you guys think we could improve are track what are you guys looking for, this is something i dont get it knowone seems to ask the racers what they want of a track like ours. Personally i dont want people going away saying that was a good track i want them saying it was an ace track.

The whole point of the weekend is track. If the track is crap the weekend is crap.

A
None of the thin blue pipe on corners, not even under astro, it takes the skill out of cornering and makes it a lottery.

Fast chicanes, jumps in the right places (and not just a wedge type one, put a curve between the ramp and track, laps not too long so you can't remember what corner is coming next, not too wide, not too narrow. Don't make all corners 90deg or 180deg (thats for the 2D racers), have some curve variance, sweeping, and tightening bends.

But its all well and good asking us on here for suggestions, but the truth is how can you include all the suggestions in 1 track? you can't. Its best just to start from scratch and don't have loads building the layout all taking care of their own 20ft x 20ft square - start from the start and lay the track one corner at a time... then when the lap is complete, stand back and look at it, even have someone drive it (someone not in the national ofcause) and then adjust the layout (& it will need adjustment, its never great first time)
Old 14-12-2007

Paul.
Not all 10 voters have been to CML (possibly only 3 or 4) but that is why we have presentations of facilities by people who have been to tracks so that the Committee can be as well informed as possible before voting.