Old 09-03-2015

Default Vampire sr1 glitch with steering

Hope someone can shed some light on this

I have a

sanwa 451 receiver and Gemini x
Vampire sr1+ speedo
Vampire 7.5 motor
Spektrum 6040 servo

The problem that I'm experiencing is that when you move the steering on the transmitter the throttle kicks in and out a bit.

I have tried

another receiver - fault remains the same
Another servo - fault remains the same
A orion r10 speedo - fault disappears
Vampire speedo and Servo disconnected - fault does not appear

Not sure why when the servo is connected it affects the vampire, but for some reason it does, got me puzzled

It's been fine for the last 8 months too....
Old 09-03-2015

Default Try this

I,ve had problems like this on other esc,s.fitted a capacitor into the spare receiver channel,not sure what capacitor it is but dig about and you get them of eBay cheaply,connect the + & _ the correct way or pop the capacitor,be careful,it stops the voltage dropping below 6 volts.hope this helps. Jon
Old 09-03-2015

That servo is a rebadged Savox and draws a lot of current. Lots of folks have seen glitching with Savox and the advice re the cap is sound. Try searching for a glitchbuster.
Old 09-03-2015
oOple Advertiser

First thing I thought was either power cap or servo drawing too much current, both of which have been suggested above. Try those and see if they fix it....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 09-03-2015

A orion r10 speedo - fault disappears

Sort of answers its self don,t you think.
Old 09-03-2015

Thanks for the input guys,

Does the capacitor on the vr1 not do the same job as the glitch buster?

I'll check the existing capacitor tomorrow, can only assume it's failed as it has been working fine in the past
Old 10-03-2015
oOple Advertiser

The cap on the ESC primarily prevents the ESC glitching under load, for power through the ESC, a seperate plug in cap prevents the servo from glitching under load when the ESC is on full power too and essentially the reciever is then drained of enough power.

ESC cap - prevents ESC glitching, Reciever plug in Cap - prevents servo glitching
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 10-03-2015

I'm still a bit confused as this is happening when stationary, left and right inputs on the transmitter causing throttle to glitch briefly on and off, the servo is not glitcing.

I'm thinking that the power cap in the esc has failed and when operating the servo the current is being drawn from the esc to the servo causing these blackouts on the esc and making it glitch. Is that a feesable analysis?

I'll go down the capacitor route first. Thanks again
Old 10-03-2015

ive been getting something similiar recently. when i drop my car down, on bench/track it sometimes hits full throttle for about a second - would a glitch buster help with that, ive not noticed it when driving round ie landing off jumps just when im next to the car. apologies for thread hijack if not related
Thanks
Old 10-03-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The receiver is powered by the same little voltage regulator in the ESC as the servo - if the servo pulling too much current (or putting noise on the wires) is the issue then that will potentially make the receiver's voltage drop below the threshold where it'll work properly or do other wacky things.

I bet a capacitor across the +/- pins on one of the receiver plugs will solve it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24jt View Post
ive been getting something similiar recently. when i drop my car down, on bench/track it sometimes hits full throttle for about a second - would a glitch buster help with that, ive not noticed it when driving round ie landing off jumps just when im next to the car. apologies for thread hijack if not related
Thanks
What ESC do you have? I've seen this happen to a specific model of ESC, AFAIK a software update fixes it although I'm not 100% if it's available yet.

Last edited by Richard Lowe; 10-03-2015 at 08:40 AM.