Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 03-04-2010
Mad Member

Default Goshen 4/4/10

Alright lads I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Hope the weather sorts it's self out. Just in case anybody wants to come who hasn't been before we get there around 11am start setting track up. Booking in is normally from 11.45 first race gets underway around 12ish. The club provides transponders for lap timing or you can use your own if you have one. All skill levels welcome. Power is available track side but bring what ever extensions you have. And that's about it just turn up and have a laugh and a race.

I'm running 1/10 and 1/8 tomorrow so hope to see you all tomorrow

I can't wait hope it's a good turn out

dave

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Alright lads I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Hope the weather sorts it's self out. Just in case anybody wants to come who hasn't been before we get there around 11am start setting track up. Booking in is normally from 11.45 first race gets underway around 12ish. The club provides transponders for lap timing or you can use your own if you have one. All skill levels welcome. Power is available track side but bring what ever extensions you have. And that's about it just turn up and have a laugh and a race.

I'm running 1/10 and 1/8 tomorrow so hope to see you all tomorrow

I can't wait hope it's a good turn out

dave
Alright buds cant make tomorrow am away gutted hope there is a good turn out and weather holds.....
deffo can make next sunday so see you then..
Old 03-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Buds said it all except one very important point - for any real newcomers reading this remember first race is free! Clearly this doesn't apply to any sponsored F1's reading this who have simply never raced at Goshen before.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 03-04-2010
Mad Member

Default first race free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Buds said it all except one very important point - for any real newcomers reading this remember first race is free! Clearly this doesn't apply to any sponsored F1's reading this who have simply never raced at Goshen before.
do i qualify with the 1/8th si ive never been in the truck heat before lol???
Old 03-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No, you qualify for a special 'more money than sense' double price instead.....

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 04-04-2010
Mad Member

7.45am weather looks good enough boys so get charged up and get to the track I'll be there around 11am

see ya there weasels

buds

Old 04-04-2010
Mad Member

Default Weather

Don't know what's going on with the weather clear one minute dull as F:;k the next

Old 04-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Its supposed to rain at 10, but be fine the rest of the day.

I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm heading down anyway.....

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 04-04-2010
Gypsy Member

Default dry but damp

Quote:
Its supposed to rain at 10, but be fine the rest of the day.

I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm heading down anyway.....
see you there si. we were at it in snow. damps ok driiiiiiiiiiiifffttt
Old 04-04-2010

Hi guys, i have been wanting to get in to racing trucks for a while now and was hoping to get down to your track today. when is your next meeting at bury and i`ll see if i can get down. i`m planning on this sunday coming to check whats what and chat to you guys.
Thanks Jake.
Old 04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by total newbie View Post
Hi guys, i have been wanting to get in to racing trucks for a while now and was hoping to get down to your track today. when is your next meeting at bury and i`ll see if i can get down. i`m planning on this sunday coming to check whats what and chat to you guys.
Thanks Jake.
this sunday is the next race meeting come down and see what you think thats what i did 7 months ago love it....
Old 04-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Erm no its not - its the NW regional at Southport on Sunday so officially Bury isn't open. The 18th is our next listed club day.

But given that a straw poll today suggested most of our drivers won't be doing the regional I reckon you might be able to convince Rog if you get enough people interested.

Personally I'm at a wedding down south on Sat, and driving back up Sat night so if I'm awake enough I'm doing the regional, if not I'll head down Goshen later.

If Total Newbie wants to check out some action a little sooner can I suggest Ross Models Wednesday night meeting at Rawtenstall. I'll be there this week so ask for Si (I'll be running a red D4 with a white wing and tiger stripes) and I'll tell you whatever you need to know about Bury.......

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 05-04-2010

Quote:
Erm no its not - its the NW regional at Southport on Sunday so officially Bury isn't open. The 18th is our next listed club day.

But given that a straw poll today suggested most of our drivers won't be doing the regional I reckon you might be able to convince Rog if you get enough people interested.

Personally I'm at a wedding down south on Sat, and driving back up Sat night so if I'm awake enough I'm doing the regional, if not I'll head down Goshen later.

If Total Newbie wants to check out some action a little sooner can I suggest Ross Models Wednesday night meeting at Rawtenstall. I'll be there this week so ask for Si (I'll be running a red D4 with a white wing and tiger stripes) and I'll tell you whatever you need to know about Bury.......
That would be great if you was open this sunday coming, as the week after at a wedding to. let me know if you are open and i`ll come down for a chat.
I`m looking at getting a rtr short course truck from a place called modelsport, are they any good?
Thanks Jake.
Old 05-04-2010

Default s/c truck

if you want to do the hobby for fun,then thats what the s/c truck will be, good fun bash around with hardly any breakages,if your planning on winning a race or two,then id get a buggy, team associated b4 would be a good starting point if your happy with a 2wd easy to maintanence and cheap and easy to get spares for,can pick a second hand one up for around £50-£70,which s/c truck do you have in mind?
Old 06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob m View Post
if you want to do the hobby for fun,then thats what the s/c truck will be, good fun bash around with hardly any breakages,if your planning on winning a race or two,then id get a buggy, team associated b4 would be a good starting point if your happy with a 2wd easy to maintanence and cheap and easy to get spares for,can pick a second hand one up for around £50-£70,which s/c truck do you have in mind?

Hardly any breakages sounds good to me, which of the short course trucks is best that you guys can recomend to me and what other arts do i need to get going lol theres me being inpatient and should wait to come down on sunday.

Si coe, whats the nw regional at southport? is there a track there? and if so are you guys racing there and i could come and chat to you about what i need?
I live in the parbold area and it the same distance for me to either place
Thanks Jake.
Old 06-04-2010

Not going but here's a link, this club is an excellent venue and one of the best tracks in the country.

http://www.srcc.co.uk/

Old 06-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The regional is part of a series of point scoring races at clubs set across the North West region. Its a biggish meeting with lots of drivers and some fairly serious competition. Good chance to see the cars in action but not always the best time to talk to people! Club days are more causal so a better chance to chat, and maybe have a play in between rounds. Also critically for you, both Bury and Southport do run trucks, but not at regionals so it will be a truck free day.

I'm also roughly equidistant between the two clubs myself. Track wise I prefer Southport and the people there are very nice and helpful, but they take their racing a lot more seriously than Bury, which is really just a bunch of blokes messing about with toy cars on a Sunday afternoon. Choose which suits you - I'm very much on the causal side so prefer Bury.

SC trucks wise the pick of the bunch remains the Associated SC10. In our recent indoor series this was far and away the preferred SC truck. That said, none of the Bury regulars currently runs one - we have a Blitz, a Slash and a Hyper 10SC.
The Hyper is 4wd but not currently available in the UK - the similar Hong Nor SCRT10 is though and available through Modelsport. It needs electrics as it not RTR but as most RTR's don't really come with race spec gear thats no loss.
Pricy but interesting is the Traxxas Slash 4x4. Its big money, but comes supplied with a brushless motor and ESC, 2.4ghz radio and decent servo - all things you'd want to upgrade on a cheaper model.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by total newbie View Post
Hardly any breakages sounds good to me, which of the short course trucks is best that you guys can recomend to me and what other parts do i need to get going lol

Si coe, whats the nw regional at southport? is there a track there? and if so are you guys racing there and i could come and chat to you about what i need?
I live in the parbold area and it the same distance for me to either place
Thanks Jake.
think si coe has coverd everything you asked LOL
Old 06-04-2010

I just want to have fun for now as i just incase i can`t handle the remote controls. is it best to wait till the 25th(a wedding 18th) to see you guys and quiz you like mad since your at southport and at a more serious event, where i`m sure you`ll not appreciate me bugging you.
Old 06-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Up to Rob, Matt and Shanks really since I can't guarantee I'll be there. And it sounds like Rob's waiting on parts, Shanks has no tyres.... etc.

So for safety I'd say either the 25th, or Rawtenstall as I mentioned previously which is tommorrow and also 21st, or Roundabout Raceway in Denton which is on the 12th. Otherwise you might meet some random weirdos instead of us

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC