Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 09-11-2012

Default kyosho viper with car bits

Hi all, as the title says, I have had a giant powerboat shaped project nagging me for quite a while (2 years maybe?). So last week, I decided to get one of kyosho's finest running again. But then... what do I put in it?!? Quick solution... a reedy brushless combo I have lying around!!! And 2 sorrys here- firstly for no pics, I'm on a little tablet, and secondly, this is what has held up the oople race truck. Its still on, I can only do it on mondays and tuesdays (busy school dt department). Feel free to comment, ask questions and I'm running it tomorrow, so I'll keep you updated.
Old 10-11-2012

The maiden voyage took place today, and I'm pleased to say it didn't sink or capsize, so that's a plus. It went straight away (quite quickly), made a great right hander with a rooster tail of water, then made a funny noise, didn't want to turn, almost crashed, then ended up in mulchy leaves. I tried to reverse, but then a grub screw went and I had no drive. Cue the purchase of some loctite thread lock. The steering issue was due to leaves around the rudder. I've got another run in a proper lake tomorrow, let's hope its longer
Old 11-11-2012

any chance of a vid of it running?
Old 11-11-2012

no, sorry about that, as i stated earlier all i have is a little tablet. But thanks for being the first person to reply, i was fearing this thread would be a flop... i didn't actually run it today, but i DID thread lock those ridiculous grub screws, i drowned the prop in WD40 to free it up a little, and i reversed the servo so it turns the correct way.