Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 13-09-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Absolutely, John!
But so far there is Roger, and... that's it
I'd be willing to help out Roger. Would people really attend it though....
Old 13-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Mike I think the idea is to have another series. Leave the nationals as they are, leave regionals as they are but add another "national" series running too ... a bit like RRCi did back in the day!
Is there enough calendar space in the year, and is there enough people looking to race another national series, as well as regionals, and of course the current nationals. For the last few years the current national series has been well attended, and my thoughts are that people will enter that event and then the 345's if they were unsuccessful, especially if it shadowed the national calendar.

There no point running another series unless it going to well attended and successful.

If there's enough demand, and Jimmy isn't planning a 345's national series then sure I'll be willing to get involved.
Old 13-09-2012
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Two friends of mine have both booked for and paid in advance for the oople Invernational. They have been then turned down both years because they are not 'names' within the toy car world, even thought they are both YORCK members.
I feel it necessary to step in here to point out that the oOple invernational has never been an event aimed purely at big names, fast drivers, top competition etc. Although we like to see the fast competition at the top end, we also pride ourselves on opening up the event to many drivers of all different skill levels. Indeed to achieve this it obvious that some of the drivers will be regulars on the national / international scene, but there have been many many more drivers whose names are not familiar to us and who may usually race at a local level.

Anyone who is sent a payment request for the event has already been offered an entry so I'm lead to believe your suggestion is contradicting itself.

Sorry, just felt I needed to clarify that!

Old 13-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs oOple View Post
I feel it necessary to step in here to point out that the oOple invernational has never been an event aimed purely at big names, fast drivers, top competition etc. Although we like to see the fast competition at the top end, we also pride ourselves on opening up the event to many drivers of all different skill levels. Indeed to achieve this it obvious that some of the drivers will be regulars on the national / international scene, but there have been many many more drivers whose names are not familiar to us and who may usually race at a local level.

Anyone who is sent a payment request for the event has already been offered an entry so I'm lead to believe your suggestion is contradicting itself.

Sorry, just felt I needed to clarify that!
I think you will find the week running up to the event it was opened up on a first come first serve basis and people who had paid and not got a place were not offered one. Maybe thats wrong but thats how I understand it.

Plus someone who was heavily involved (what name names although he is a good guy) put his name forward in the secret forum basically saying this guy would love to race, he has booked in and paid straight away two years running and again hasn't got a place and asked if it was okay if he could race or if there was a place for him.

This was ignored!

Sorry didn't want to highlight this point but seeing as you tried to shoot me down. Just to clarify!

All I am saying is this goes on all the time so when someone says lets have a new series on a strictly first come first basis is isnt always the case. So thats why I thought it would be a good idea to have a series for F3,4,5's which is why this thread was started originally. Or am I missing something
Old 13-09-2012
Administrator

I thought we had over 400 entries for 180ish places? how is that number ever going to work? Go to the oOple race and see - there are few top drivers because we don't seek top drivers. We appeal to the regular driver who wants to have a good time - how can everyone come? Yes if Neil Cragg or Lee Martin want to come, we'll make sure they can get an entry - but don't confuse 10 people in one heat with an entire race meeting!

I do wonder why people have booked and paid but not come to race? seems odd I think it's possibly their own fault if they've recieved an entry as we don't offer a pickup service
Old 13-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I thought we had over 400 entries for 180ish places? how is that number ever going to work? Go to the oOple race and see - there are few top drivers because we don't seek top drivers. We appeal to the regular driver who wants to have a good time - how can everyone come? Yes if Neil Cragg or Lee Martin want to come, we'll make sure they can get an entry - but don't confuse 10 people in one heat with an entire race meeting!

I do wonder why people have booked and paid but not come to race? seems odd I think it's possibly their own fault if they've recieved an entry as we don't offer a pickup service
He wasn't offered an entry. My point was this started as 'seeing as its so hard to get into nationals if you aren't an F1 or F2 why don't we have a series for F3,4,5's instead' Then this idea of a separate series open to anyone comes up but I used the invernational as an example to make the point it will be exactly the same and will miss the point. I wasn't having a go and the bit I wrote was tiny.

But instead of engaging you have both poked fun/being sarcastic in a bit of a 'who do you think you are' moment. Which is exactly my point right there and the real attitudes towards people who aren't 'known'.
Old 13-09-2012

Is it possible to import csv files into the majority of the racing software (this isn't a hijack, just a thought on logistics for booking in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
How about OOPLE INVERNATIONAL SERIES 2013?
6 round series, 2wd sat/4wd sun on a first come first serve basis.
No f1/F2 priority
Maybe 1 track per region ?
Old 13-09-2012
Administrator

Quote:
I think you will find the week running up to the event it was opened up on a first come first serve basis and people who had paid and not got a place were not offered one. Maybe thats wrong but thats how I understand it.

Plus someone who was heavily involved (what name names although he is a good guy) put his name forward in the secret forum basically saying this guy would love to race, he has booked in and paid straight away two years running and again hasn't got a place and asked if it was okay if he could race or if there was a place for him.

This was ignored!

Sorry didn't want to highlight this point but seeing as you tried to shoot me down. Just to clarify!

All I am saying is this goes on all the time so when someone says lets have a new series on a strictly first come first basis is isnt always the case. So thats why I thought it would be a good idea to have a series for F3,4,5's which is why this thread was started originally. Or am I missing something
You are missing a few things - like a grasp on reality

This thread was started because of the other thread - the other thread was started because someone wrote a little piece suggesting the idea. That person was...........?

Taking on your daft statements, I don't think there's a race as fair as the oOple invernational - there's a broad mix of drivers from all over and THAT is what it's about. Why make it only for the computer literate / night owls? Why penalise people in business meetings who can't break off to register? Do you realise how quickly the oOple race would fill up and how unbalanced, unfair and naff it would be? It would be full in 10 minutes - how many overseas drivers are we going to get at that rate when they need to plan more carefully?

I wonder how you say you know things like there was a 'secret forum' and what has been said on there - but not know that such a series for less serious racers is already well into the planning stages.
Old 13-09-2012
BANNED

Quote:
He wasn't offered an entry. My point was this started as 'seeing as its so hard to get into nationals if you aren't an F1 or F2 why don't we have a series for F3,4,5's instead' Then this idea of a separate series open to anyone comes up but I used the invernational as an example to make the point it will be exactly the same and will miss the point. I wasn't having a go and the bit I wrote was tiny.

But instead of engaging you have both poked fun/being sarcastic in a bit of a 'who do you think you are' moment. Which is exactly my point right there and the real attitudes towards people who aren't 'known'.
Superstar, you are a bell-end.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 13-09-2012
Administrator

Quote:

You have it so wrong it's quite funny actually. I think you have a complex about yourself since you think we're poking fun - you say one thing and then deny saying it. IF SOMEONE PAYS THEN THEY ARE IN!!!! How much more clear does it have to be?
Old 13-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Superstar, you are a bell-end.
Stu you are a leg-end, mad me proper laugh that.
Old 13-09-2012
Mini-Jimmy

Superstar, I think it's a real shame that this otherwise constructive thread about ideas for an F345 series or similar has spiralled into some form of accusation against the organisation of the oOple invernational.
Perhaps this is my fault for politely (or so I thought) pointing out that what you had suggested did not read correctly. This was by no means a way of poking fun at you, I just felt it was necessary to make a comment to defend the team who dedicate endless hours of their time to organising the event.
If an error has occurred and someones race entry was accepted, they paid, and then somehow this did not result in them racing then we need to know how this has happened. It would be advisable for them to get in touch so we can try to get to the root of this.

I feel it's somewhat unfair that you said I shot you down when I was simply trying to clarify the process. I think there's perhaps a series of misunderstandings here and hopefully we can resolve any issues with the racers who were affected.

I hope that clears things up a bit but I think this thread needs to get back on track to focus positively on the suggestions around a series suitable for F345 drivers and how to make this fair and accessible.

Old 13-09-2012

Quote:
Superstar, I think it's a real shame that this otherwise constructive thread about ideas for an F345 series or similar has spiralled into some form of accusation against the organisation of the oOple invernational.
Perhaps this is my fault for politely (or so I thought) pointing out that what you had suggested did not read correctly. This was by no means a way of poking fun at you, I just felt it was necessary to make a comment to defend the team who dedicate endless hours of their time to organising the event.
If an error has occurred and someones race entry was accepted, they paid, and then somehow this did not result in them racing then we need to know how this has happened. It would be advisable for them to get in touch so we can try to get to the root of this.

I feel it's somewhat unfair that you said I shot you down when I was simply trying to clarify the process. I think there's perhaps a series of misunderstandings here and hopefully we can resolve any issues with the racers who were affected.

I hope that clears things up a bit but I think this thread needs to get back on track to focus positively on the suggestions around a series suitable for F345 drivers and how to make this fair and accessible.
All I was trying to do was make a point about why I thought it should be just F345's in a series. As in people getting in who might not normally get entry.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like its been one big misunderstanding!
Old 13-09-2012
Super Moderator

Superstar, please can you pm me privately the names of the people you know who paid to race at the oOple Invernational and then never got a place to race? as the guy who takes the payments I'd like to look into this.

I look forward to your pm.

Cheers,

G
Old 13-09-2012
Banned

Lets do it!

The oOple Race was a great weekend, and was a credit to Vicky, Jimmy and the rest of the team. I was lucky enough to get a place this year.

If I don't get one next year I will still be going for the atmosphere!
But I hope I will get the change to defend my Beer Race title

If we could have an "oOple Race" national series it would be EPIC!
6 races in the year = 6 top weekends...

Simple!!

On a side note, Your friend who paid & didn't race did he not open his mouth and say something at the time??
Old 13-09-2012
Mini-Jimmy

Quote:
Sorry but wasn't this started as an idea for a national series for F3,4,5's?

If you start another series on a first come first serve basis the same thing will happen yet again. Doesn't matter what you say the TOP drivers will be there and it will be a mirror series to the nationals. Two friends of mine have both booked for and paid in advance for the oople Invernational. They have been then turned down both years because they are not 'names' within the toy car world, even thought they are both YORCK members. The exact same will happen with this series. Im sorry but you might set out with good intentions but it will happen like it happens everywhere. Even if you manage a genuine first come first serve there will be people who miss out.

That's why it should be as first stated and how the thread was started a series for F3,4,5's as these days you cant do nationals if you aren't F1 or F2.

People keep saying everything is fine as it is but I think it is outdated. I think we could still have regional's and incorporate a F3,4,5 national series as a point scoring event as well.
Thanks Northy.

Sorry superstar, the points that you were making elsewhere in your post did get lost along the way.

I think that such a series could be worked similar to how the entries for BRCA nationals work, but perhaps without completely excluding all F1/2 racers.

For example, priority be given to all entries from F345 drivers, with possible guest heats for higher grade drivers if they wish to enter and if places are available. I do think that lower grade drivers value opportunities to race amongst the F1/2 drivers - what about a wildcard F1 placed in each heat for a laugh? then running in different finals. Just a thought.

In the national series the F3-5 drivers aren't excluded as such, but generally only likely to get in from the reserve list due to high subscription from top grade drivers.

Old 13-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Thanks Northy.

Sorry superstar, the points that you were making elsewhere in your post did get lost along the way.

I think that such a series could be worked similar to how the entries for BRCA nationals work, but perhaps without completely excluding all F1/2 racers.

For example, priority be given to all entries from F345 drivers, with possible guest heats for higher grade drivers if they wish to enter and if places are available. I do think that lower grade drivers value opportunities to race amongst the F1/2 drivers - what about a wildcard F1 placed in each heat for a laugh? then running in different finals. Just a thought.

In the national series the F3-5 drivers aren't excluded as such, but generally only likely to get in from the reserve list due to high subscription from top grade drivers.
You could allow a percentage of F1 and 2's, with the rest of the drivers being 345's. The only issue I can see is that if any series does not shaddow the nationals then the already heavily congested summer race calendar will be full of Nationals, 345's, and regionals. Add into the mix the unwritten rule about clubs not running the same day as regionals in the mid south region then the clubs who are not part of the series, regionals and nationals could really struggle in terms numbers attending your run of the mill club days.
Old 13-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post

This thread was started because of the other thread - the other thread was started because someone wrote a little piece suggesting the idea. That person was...........?
Erm me i think!

With dates being short in the calendar i think it still makes sense to run a series at different venues on the same dates as BRCA National series.

The only spare weekends i had this season were BRCA National weekends!

I think a fair few seem to be confusing the proposed idea of a 3,4,5's series as something that would be affiliated to BRCA championships and gradings... it wouldn't, That's what BRCA Regionals and end of season finals are for. It shouldn't interfere with the current system which works fine and is the pinnacle of the class and hobby, but leaves a lot of people not racing on those weekends due to high demand.

This would just be a stand alone National race series for drivers that wouldn't normally be attending BRCA Nationals due to not getting entries because of the high demand and high number of F1/F2 graded drivers attending.

Any series that gets us out racing at different venues and having fun with the hobby is a top idea with me.

The offer of help organising still stands Jimmy and crew
Old 13-09-2012
Legendary dude

I think the idea of a national series catering for CLUB based drivers is an excellent idea. At the end of the day we do this hobby for fun( although some people on this forum think its formula 1). I for one would do the series if run by the oople gang as it would be run in a fun laid back way. Let the BRCA nats be for the top class drivers to fight it out and then have an oople series for the mortals to try achieve some success.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 13-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Oooh, a secret forum!

I used to race in the old RRC series and would be interested in a new series along those lines.

However, I think it is a valid point, that if it was on a different weekend to the nationals then it would almost be impossible to find free weekends as there would be undoubted clashes with regional meetings.