Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 11-03-2012

Default short course at southport?

Hi all does anybody know if southport races short course trucks 2wd or 4wd or is it just buggys.
Old 11-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeley View Post
Hi all does anybody know if southport races short course trucks 2wd or 4wd or is it just buggys.

Think the have just voted it in at the AGM for the summer season, So if there are enough to race they will be raced Min. 6 I belive. As they are to big to race with anything else.

http://www.srcc.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2802.0

Last edited by Cream; 11-03-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: link added.
Old 11-03-2012

Thanks for the reply, can i put my name down somewhere or will it just be a case of turn up with fingers crossed that theres more than 6 turning up.
Old 11-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeley View Post
Thanks for the reply, can i put my name down somewhere or will it just be a case of turn up with fingers crossed that theres more than 6 turning up.

I'd suggest maybe going onto the Southport wed site and asking a few days before if others are running them. Especially in the first few weeks while it grows in popularity. Might be worth taking a back up buggy just in case though.
Old 11-03-2012

Cheers, ive just been on there website and it does say they will be running sc trucks, i will keep my eye on the website but im only 30 mins away and work i in southport, im new to 1/10 racing as 1/8 buggys has been my thing up untill now, i will hopefully be racing at southport this year anyway with either a buggy or sc truck or even better both .
Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

No 1/8th at all please.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]

Last edited by sly; 11-03-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: double post
Old 11-03-2012
Mad Member

As Noel says, 6 or more only, ask on our website if people are going to use then, please don't be disappointed if you can't race it due to lack of interest.
Also which short course is it please.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 11-03-2012

Haha no i have sold my losi 1/8 now to buy a 1/10 buggy,i have bought my truck but im still trying to decide which buggy to opt for, i like the look of new couger sv2 it looks very nice, my short course truck is a hong nor scrt10 4wd which is still brand new waiting to be raced, it is fitted with a 540 size 10 turn motor, a 60 amp esc and 3000 mah 2s hard cased lipos, standard wheels and tyres.
Old 11-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If it doesn't work out for racing at Southport, Bury certainly run 4wd SC trucks. Bit of a haul for you though I suspect, just depends how badly you want to race that as opposed to a buggy.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 11-03-2012

I raced 1/10 buggs a good few years ago with a tamiya trf 411x which was good fun but ive had a few sc trucks now and there just so much fun to drive and would like to give it a go, i live in wigan so bury isnt to far away im probably in the middle of the two.
Old 11-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm in Abram myself, and its about the same distance to both. In fact for a while I raced alternately at both, and then sort of ended up at Bury.

Anyway - Bury has at least 1, normally 2 good sized heats of trucks for outdoor meets. We can and have run a separate heats worth of 4wd SC trucks though we tend to run them mixed.

I think most of the Southport SC's will be the 2wd type - I know of a few with SC10's and others looking at the DESC210.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 11-03-2012

Yep think i will give bury a try, when is the next race day outdoor and whats the rules on sc trucks if any, what tyres can i use and does it have to be 2s lipo or can i run 3s, either isnt a problem but i will have to fit my 5.5 turn set up into my sc if i can only run 2s.
Old 11-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Our next (first) outdoor meet isn't until April as it stands at present, so give Southport a try first.

There isn't really a specific set of rules for trucks at Bury - the emphasis is on fun. Most of our 4wd trucks are running 550 sized motors on 2S, but there are 3S trucks too (Johnny's Hyper 10SC) and some using 540 sized. I run my Mini Trophy in with them even though its a little smaller and on a 540 10.5t setup - its about having a good time mainly.

Tyres wise its astro so Schumachers SCT minispikes should be awesome, but again people run all sorts. My MTT can only use one type of wheel/tyre anyway!

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC