Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 24-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
How do I book in for the EPR meeting on 15th May?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
Booking in is not open yet, as far as i know!
We hope to open booking in as soon as the issue over the 24th April resolved.
Old 30-03-2011

There was a meeting at motoarena last night to discuss the options available and an alternative venue, only a couple of miles away, was also viewed. I understand there will be a decision by the end of the week. It has been very difficult to get all the necessary people around the table to discuss these problems and hope you will bear with us as we want the best for you short course racers
Old 30-03-2011
Mad Member

Thanks for the update,

not impressed tbh, online booking in and the website launch are waiting on this c*ck up to be sorted

Bearing in mind this is the first National championship for this class and its pretty vital it is run smoothly to promote the class and make it a future fixture, its not good that the first planned meeting has been double booked and it took an outside driver to point it out months after the dates were announced.

A1 Racing Club had a chat last night and we are prepared to take on the date and the meeting if this carries on for much longer... Our track will be brand new as that is the proposed launch date after building the new 1/10th track.
Old 30-03-2011

I appreciate your frustrations and concerns - they are same as the organisers and I have also been suffering. They have been let down badly on the initial date and unfortunately it has taken longer than anticipated to resolve. The principle aim is to still run on the 24th april, ideally at motoarena or within 5 miles of motoarena. The alternative venue exists and is available. However, the club has to confirm the date with their landlord before it can be officially announced.

It is noted that you have offered to host the meeting but also that your venue is not close to motoarena.

It would help if we could gauge interest ie expected numbers, so perhaps we could start a new thread "who is hoping to go to round 1 of the short course shootout on 24th april" giving your name and class to be raced to start with.

I hope this answers any concerns you have at present.
Old 30-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnerdriver View Post

It is noted that you have offered to host the meeting but also that your venue is not close to motoarena.

It would help if we could gauge interest ie expected numbers, so perhaps we could start a new thread "who is hoping to go to round 1 of the short course shootout on 24th april" giving your name and class to be raced to start with.
I'm not interested in Moto Arena or their organisational problems, they are obviously not taking our proposed championship seriously or it wouldn't be an issue or taken as long to be addressed

all i want to do is race my trucks in this championship on the dates originally advertised, just like the majority of the drivers competing in this championship will agree...

I want to know where i will be racing that day, so i can arrange a room for a night if its a fair distance like a couple of the rounds are.

Whats more important is that the event happens and there is enough time to promote it to get the most interest... especially since sponsors are involved.

i know for a fact that online booking in and the series website is waiting on venue/date confirmation from organisers which has to come from Moto Arena before it can be launched.

The new thread is a good idea, but the driver interest should be irrelevant if the championship is already arranged, I would hope that it will be a good turn out... but being Easter may effect the turnout from family drivers.
Old 30-03-2011

I hear what you are saying but am merely trying to keep you in the loop with the information I know.

The organisers have been discussing the situation with all concerned parties for the past week and a half but were only all available last night and went to motoarena to check the track and the proposed arrangements. They then went to an alternative venue at silverstone club in the village of silverstone to talk to their committee about possibly hosting this event at their track. The talks were very productive and encouraging at silverstone, however a final decision cannot be made until the club have discussed it ultimately with their landlord.

Option 1 - the event will be held at motoarena
Option 2 - the event will be held at silverstone club
Option 3 - the event will be held at another venue

Most drivers have expressed a desire to have the event at or near to motoarena which the organisers are trying to achieve. They all work and carry out these roles voluntarily and have been trying their hardest to resolve this problem as quickly as possible.

I appreciate that an answer is needed asap in order to complete the website and online booking and that is what they are trying to achieve. I hope the additional details will allay any concerns.
Old 30-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnerdriver View Post

The organisers have been discussing the situation with all concerned parties for the past week and a half

Most drivers have expressed a desire to have the event at or near to motoarena
Are these organisers you mention, the organisers of the national short course shootout or Moto Arena event organisers?

considering A1 Racing Club have 20+ SCT's in our club and we are running a round of the championship... can't recall being asked for an opinion on venue choice?

I'm more concerned about the first round of the first proper series for SCT's in UK being a badly promoted low turnout shambles and ruining the interest and hype in the class because of a venues mistake and very slow resolution of the mistake.

I'm pretty sure that other clubs could step in to save the meeting also, but its getting short notice for spreading the word... magazine coverage needs plenty of notice and one of the sponsors have already been advertising the dates without being able to recieve the back up from the series website etc.

There are no excuses, its not hard to use a calendar or a diary... if i hadn't have noticed the date clash, how long would it have been before it was noticed?

IMO cancel/postpone the Moto Arena touring car meeting and run the SCT's as first intended, but i understand that its not as easy as that.

The drivers interested in racing in a national series shouldn't be too concerned about the locations of the series rounds, but more interested in when and where the rounds are, with enough notice and being able to book in to confirm their attendance at the event.

I'm not personally attacking you and appreciate you are communicating the info you have... sure you are as frustrated with not being able to give us some good news of a final decision... but i also have a fair few of our SCT members quizzing me on whether the meeting is on as first advertised so they can arrange travelling and work schedules etc, plus booking in!
Old 30-03-2011

Hi All,
As one of the organisers of the series (no I am not part of the M/A staff) I can confirm that the first round will be held on the 24th as advertised. We will be able to announce the venue for this by the end of this week and this will be pushed out to all the advertising outlets available to us.
Believe me I want to race my sc as much as anyone and that was our reason for this series, and the delays have frustrated me a great deal.

I appreciate that this has been a frustrating time and believe me I have felt the very same frustration.

Unfortunately we can not postpone the orion series that is why we have been looking at an alternative venue. As learner driver has said it is within 5 miles (ish) of M/A so there should be no need for anyone to change any travel arrangements they have made.
Please be assured we are working as hard as we can to get this series taken seriously and to use it as a platform to promote this fun and exciting class.
Old 30-03-2011

With a few clubs having different tracks, can someone announce the clubs and surfaces that the meetings will be on ?? Grass, Dirt, Carpet etc. ??
Old 30-03-2011

My understanding is the following:
24th April - Moto Arena dirt or silverstone astro
15th May - Eden Park astro
26th June - NDOR astro
24th July - Adur dirt and astro
21st August - Coventry dirt
11th September - Moto Arena dirt or indoor multi surface
25th September - A1 Raceway dirt and astro ??

hopefully the respective clubs will correct as necessary
Old 04-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Freckly, I think the idea behind the changes would be to move the venue to the silverstone buggy track. This way people who have booked hotels etc. around that area, can still keep their bookings.
Thats how I would look at it anyway.
Old 05-04-2011
Mad Member

Thats no problem Tel,

Have absolutely no issues with racing at Moto Arena or Silverstone buggy club, as long as the meeting happens, then i'm a happy trucker!

Was more worried that there was no real positive answers to sorting the c*ck up out very quickly from organisers and don't want the championship suffering because of a poor organisational error...

One concern with the delays on announcements was that we all know about the championship and dates being Ooplers....

does everyone else that doesn't use this forum or even internet but still race SCT's and read magazines, rely on word of mouth, their club members etc?
Old 05-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The only thing that concerns me is the fact that theres only 3 weeks before the beginning of a national (technically) series and theres no booking in. lol

Surely the booking in can be sorted for 'round 1' rather than specifically moto arena.? that way we all know we're in?
then the drivers list can just be passed onto the relavent club?
Old 05-04-2011

Freckly, as one of the organisers I can assure you that we have been working hard to resolve this clash since we were made aware of it.
We have had to speak to a number of people and ensure that we could get the change done with as little hassle as possible.
I do not have the computer skills to be able to set up a web-site myself but someone is in the process of finishing this off, the delay has been to try to ensure we have everything as right as possible. I will speak to him and get the web-site live ASAP.
The series will be going ahead and hope that ooplers as you call yourselves will help spread the word, but we will be pushing this as hard as we can to all available media outlets.
Old 05-04-2011

quick change of subject

just fitted a 5.5 to my scrt10..... its fast, very fast

see you all at the first meeting
Old 06-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Am I right in saying that this is the series being part organised by RRCi?

Who is the actual organising team behind the series?
Old 06-04-2011

can someone get Stef to call me regarding this event?
As far as Moto-Arena is concerned the first round is still a go, the track is being prepared and finished off for what will be an awsome event
Old 06-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor View Post
can someone get Stef to call me regarding this event?
As far as Moto-Arena is concerned the first round is still a go, the track is being prepared and finished off for what will be an awsome event
Are there any pics of the track so far?

What surface is it?

do you know what tyres will work on it, since most of us will need to sort out buying tyres ?

Will it be available on the Saturday for practice/set up?
Old 06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Am I right in saying that this is the series being part organised by RRCi?

Who is the actual organising team behind the series?
RRCi was initially involved, but they have taken a major back seat. All the organisation has been done by Paul D and Stef (Taz5311).

They have taken this onboard as they want to race trucks with like minded individuals, any help offered from any quarter would no doubt be gladly excepted!!
Old 06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
Are there any pics of the track so far?

What surface is it?

do you know what tyres will work on it, since most of us will need to sort out buying tyres ?

Will it be available on the Saturday for practice/set up?
According to Learnerdriver above it is going to be run on the Dirt track at Moto arena..

Tyre wise these all work very well on dirt depending on the weather conditions I used a mixture of these...

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/catalogue...nd=HB&pg=W10SC

Hope that helps