Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 28-07-2007

Default LAZER ZX5 Truck conversion

Hey there Just wanted to share my ZX-5 truck conversion, used a pair of Rear shocks and universals on the front, remachined some rear arms to fit , custom made the front tower out of an old B4 battery retainer and a rear zx-5 carbon weave tower.The HPI front Rims needed to be lathed to clear the uprights. Very stable and quick, Only running a 14 x 2 and took the one way out of the front because the soft wide tyres had too much steering. looking to get a custom carbon front tower made up permanently once i get the geometry right. The hardest bit was finding a shell which suited the wheelbase, ended up with a T4 nitro crowd pleazer which sits nice and easy to mount by turning the rear wing mounts around dropping them lower by a hole. Any others out there doing the same? Would welcome your ideas
Attached Images
File Type: jpe lazer truck 008.JPE (15.1 KB, 504 views)
Old 29-07-2007

Send a message via MSN to LEGEND

That would be great for big jumps. Would just soak up everything that came in it's path with them tyres on. Would also be good for just having a bash about.
Old 31-07-2007
Banned

Why did you use rear arms and shocks? were you not able to fit the wheels b/c of clearance issues? or did you just want to do some work, not just put new wheels and tires on.
Old 12-08-2007

Yeah just found the front shocks bounced too hard with all the extra front weight, and i found a cheap set of shocks on ebay, also the body rake was too sharp and looked out of scale. The rear arms were to try and keep the rear geometry as front and back are so similar. Also here in New Zealand we run our 4wd trucks with the 2wd trucks but we need to run a weight handicap to compensate, Since 4300mAh cells are legal here the extra weight didnt affect our run times much.Also since HPI stopped making the electric 4wd truck i wanted to have a car and a truck interchangeable. Now HB have released their 4wd buggy i guess a truck wont be too far behind. Good Racing
Old 12-08-2007
Banned

Threaded shock bodies? shock spacers? and the front geometry was designed to steer, and as for body mounts, just drill holes up higher on the shock tower. You really didn't need to do all that.
Old 19-08-2007

4wd trucks are illegal in New Zealand from 1 September.
Kyosho RB5 - GTB & 8.5
Serpent 960 - RB Speedline Xenon R
Old 20-08-2007
Banned

WhAt?!!!?
Old 19-09-2007

nice looking