Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 22-01-2014

Default KF toe in/anti squat adjustment

To adjust the toe in is it simply a case of adding or removing the gold washers at the rear? or do I need to add/remove the 0.5mm washer at the front also? Likewise for anti squat is a case of adding/removing washers at the rear of the assembly?

As built by the instructions what is the amount of anti squat/toe in also?

Thanks in advance
Old 22-01-2014

OK, to be very clear:

using the standard plastic mouldings gives you 3,25° of toe-in and 2,6° of anti-squat.

You want to change this, and you are using the 4160 alloy rear conversion set, correct?

OK, to change Toe-in it is simply a change of washers between the alloy blocks and the alloy trans. It is that easy. Please note: the toe-in is the result of the difference between the washers of both "bolts", rear to front, here.

So, for example, if you want to build 2,6° toe-in you need 2mm difference. So, if you have 0,5mm in the front one, you must use 2,5mm in the rear. Please note: if you have a spacer at the front, (of the rear..) makes the rear wider. Check if you want this effect. In general, i use a 0,5mm washer in the front and change the washers in the rear, only.

If you build the rear conversion as per instruction you use: 3mm spacers in the rear, 0,5mm front. Difference = 2,5mm = 3,25° toe in (see setup-sheet at the back of the instruction manual).

For anti squat it is nearly the same: the difference between rear to front counts. As-per-instruction you use: 1mm front, 2mm rear = 1mm difference = 1,3° anti squat. For the K1 this works well, for the KF, this is a bit too less. I am using: 3mm rear, 1mm front = 2mm difference =2.6°. When my finger is heavy I even use 2,5mm difference. (o,5mm front, to prevent the car from becoming too high)
Old 22-01-2014

thanks very much