Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Telford Hot Trax

Old 16-02-2012

Default Racing

Hi,

I have recently moved to Shrewsbury, and Telford seems the closest place to attend for a spot of racing. I have been out of the racing scene for quite a bit, so was just wondering what other club members are running at the track. Currently I have a Losi XXX-4, and have 2.4Ghz radio; so before embarking on a electronics package, any advice on what others run etc would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Thomas
Old 16-02-2012

I raced a xxx4 up untill around 8 months ago, had a 10.5t and 8.5t with a losi esc ran well with both on li-po cells you dont have to spend big bucks plenty in the for sale section
still got 2 xxx4g+ and loads of spares if you ever get stuck

you will want some Dboots terrabyte tyres but you can buy them at the club
Old 17-02-2012

Thanks a lot for the information. I will get myself kitted out then head on down to the track. Not so keen on this LIPO stuff, but I hear that you simply charge them in a bag and you shouldn't have any problem. Is that correct?
Old 17-02-2012

I currently run a durango 210 with a 8.5 motor and a durango 410 with a 6.5 motor which is far too quick for our track.
I'd say you need to be looking for a 10.5 or 8.5 motor - both should be fine.
Battery wise yes LIPO's are the ONLY way to go, and you can pick up a charger off ebay for less than £25 - don't bother getting an expensive charger as they're pretty much all the same.

If you're after batteries i'd say go for some with a decent capacity like 5000mah, you'll be able to run a whole night on 2 packs easily (i get 3 races on 1 pack) - just don't buy "vampire racing" batteries.

Really you need to pop down the club one night and sort out what you need and where to get it from. We've lots of VERY experienced racers who can help you out and point you in the right direction and make sure you don't buy something you don't need.
Old 18-02-2012

hey m8 have only started attending this club i will say thay are welcoming a good crew of lads and the racing is awesome so come and have a go fast carpet racing with jumps u cant beat it