Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

View Poll Results: lipo list
keep the rules as current efra/eb 18 12.00%
allow some discression have a 1 or 2mm tolerance to cover comercially available cells 93 62.00%
i would consider not doing a BRCA sanctioned meeting if i could not do lipo 68 45.33%
i will race brca sanctioned events no matter what 36 24.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-11-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Gaz, very well said.

Mark, guys, let the dust settle. We have people representing us who I can't see much respect for, personally I do respect the thoughts and opinions of the people who represent us and id like them to know that. if they're here, reading this thread, which is very likely, then my money is on their thoughts being "stuff it, why am I putting so much effort in to helping these people".

sit back, have a weekend, allow people to do what they do. Don't fall out with anyone, its toy car racing.
chris

the poll has given me my answers, i like many are fustrated, believe it or not i still have faith in the EB/BRCA officials who have a taskless job. i purposly asked for no one to bash them, that achieves nothing.
lee has pointed out its going round in circles, most debates do.

thank you every one for your input.

mark
Old 14-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Assuming you are "Howard" who turned up for the first time in many months last night, we have had in place a tempory list of "approved LIPO" for use at our club since we have allowed them. We ALWAYS encourage "new comers" so to speak, but to race within the rules we have!!!!!

Sad to hear you will never race with us again, but to be fair we have only ever seen you two or three times in the last year as it is, you are hardly an eager regular. The club rules and regs have been posted up on the club website for many weeks and flyers have been handed out since the introduction of LIPO, EVERY week at the club, if you have not taken time to read them or seen them then that can not be the fault of either myself or the club.

The comment about not supporting the shop sounds to me like sour grapes, you seemed happy to purchase the items we took along to racing for you last night!! Besides the cells and indeed car you have were not "supporting" the shop to start with, they did not come from us, if they had you would of been told that those cells are not yet fit for use at our venue!!

People do seem to forget, I am retailer, I want to sell things, my livelyhood relies on selling things, but to have to BAN items for use at our club that we sell oursleves I dont enjoy doing (I want to sell them) but when it comes to giving up one night of every week in my life to run the club then decisions have to be for the good of the club and not the takings at my shop. When the BRCA decide what saddles they will/will not allow then we will add them (and have them available too!!) to the cells permitted for use at our venue, until then racers must stick to the rules we have in place.

Every pack of LIPO we have sold, we have advised our local racers that it is legal/illegal for use at our local club. It is not our fault if you have chose to purchase elsewhere and have not read the current rules before doing so. You even told me that you had run these cells at the club previuosly some time ago, yet when we were asked last time if we allowed LIPO we replied NO, so we were obviuosly just ignored!!! NICE

I find it a shame that you say none of this to me in person last night then arrive on here and tell the world your one sided story (albeit you did not name the club, but to me it was obviuos who you were). At least be good enough to tell the whole story.

Darren, DMS Racing
Yes, I am the Howard that wanted to race at your club yesterday evening. I've only had my car running for a 9 months, (after a 25 year break) and enjoyed the race meetings I've been to. Your club is a family event with plenty of children and not the place to had a heated discussion on lipo qualification. It was easier to leave and not ruin the atmosphere for others.

I've run at plenty of other clubs in the last few weeks with no problems - Workshop and Stotfold - both excellent venues. If the hobby is not enjoyable there is not point doing it. Lipos are clearly the way forward for the sport.

I recognise that your livelihood depends on selling items from your shop and running the club is a necessary part of your business. That is why I didn't 'name and shame'. You brought your name to this thread. And you are allowed run the club in any way you wish.

As for 'sour grapes' - it certainly is but this is your loss not mine. The parts I purchased last night, I need for Stotford this Sunday. (The Associated front wheels don't fit by the way. The hex is too deep and the rim rubs the hub thanks for the advice.) There are plenty of other clubs and shops that don't have a 'run what your purchased here' mentality.
Old 14-11-2008
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Yes, I am the Howard that wanted to race at your club yesterday evening. I've only had my car running for a 9 months, (after a 25 year break) and enjoyed the race meetings I've been to. Your club is a family event with plenty of children and not the place to had a heated discussion on lipo qualification. It was easier to leave and not ruin the atmosphere for others.
There would of been no heated discussion, the atmosphere would of been fine, simply, we have RULES and they need to be stuck to. We have allowed LIPO since the BRCA AGM and have even produced a list "long one at that" of what can be used "currently". As I have said, saddles WILL be added to the list and allowed once we know what direction the BRCA are going, until then they are not.
Quote:
I've run at plenty of other clubs in the last few weeks with no problems - Workshop and Stotfold - both excellent venues. If the hobby is not enjoyable there is not point doing it. Lipos are clearly the way forward for the sport.
I agree 100% both venues are superb and LIPO are most definatly the way forward and we do need to enjoy our hobby also.
Quote:
I recognise that your livelihood depends on selling items from your shop and running the club is a necessary part of your business.
It is not, it is just somthing that we do, not every shop runs a club, but we like to be involved, some do, some dont.
Quote:
That is why I didn't 'name and shame'. You brought your name to this thread.
There is nothing to SHAME us with, we indeed are not ashamed of any decsion we have made and stood by, hence why I brought our name to the thread.
Quote:
And you are allowed run the club in any way you wish
Yes but we dont, the rules are ALL made by the membership, this LIPO rule has all been made by the majority of the members, not me alone.

Quote:
As for 'sour grapes' - it certainly is but this is your loss not mine
. How is it our loss, you havnt purchaed from us and you dont race with us already, what are we losing?? You have just chosen to narrow your own options for race venues, and admitted because of sour grapes......

Quote:
The parts I purchased last night, I need for Stotford this Sunday. (The Associated front wheels don't fit by the way. The hex is too deep and the rim rubs the hub thanks for the advice.)
Maybe you need to run the AE hexs, I have not sold you what you run, hence I dont know what you own and have access to. I know of several racers who happily use B44 fitting wheels on the front of a 501X

Quote:
There are plenty of other clubs and shops that don't have a 'run what your purchased here' mentality
Yes there are many, including US. We have a membership of over 60, over half of these have cars and equipemnt purchased elsewhere, we have no problem with that, that is their choice, but we dont expect them to moan at us if somthing is wrong if we have not supplied it. Once more you totally miss the point, we ourselves sell sadlle pack LIPO's, they ARE NOT ON OUR CLUB LIST (even though we sell them). It is saddle LIPO that is banned at present not where you got them!!!

I think you need to assess your ideas and appreciate that all "I" did last night was stick to the rules that "OUR" club runs to, if you have not observed these and wonder in from the blue ignorant of them that is not our fault. I suggested last night to get you out of a whole to ask to "borrow" some NIMH's and yet the racer pitting right next to you was more than prepared to lend you some but was not even asked (Alan). You have to accept rules somtimes and try to help yourself and not place the blame elsewhere.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 14-11-2008
Mad Member

Darren, so you guys have banned saddle lipo's for being 2mm too big even before there is a proper ruling by the EB? And this is for club racing!? You sound like a really easy going bunch
Old 14-11-2008
Mad Member

jeeez...is this discussion still rolling on?

Nice to see it has stayed on topic without any diversions or "hijacks" for a change.
Old 14-11-2008

Default rules

i thought rc car racing was ALL about having fun, meeting new people and enjoying the sport for what it is.
Also i thought club racing was meant to be the entry point for "the sport" so if people havent got the correct equipment (where ever purchased from)
surly the "rules" could be slightly over looked (and points not counted towards any championship) at least people could get a taster
Also surly this isnt the place for one on one tit for tat
come on everyone lets try and get on, everyone has there own opinions and this is surposed to be a family sport
Old 14-11-2008
Mad Member

I think there is only one way to really solve this. We need to break into factions. The NIMH boys, the LIPO brick boys, the LIPO saddle boys and declare war. We ban all weapons, the only way to take out your enemy is to overcharge your chosen batteries till they neutralise the opposition. Whoever wins means everyone has to use that battery type in any official race forever or they will be refused food and water and zapped with high voltage charge to their nads.
Old 14-11-2008
oOple Advertiser

No Carl, we have not banned saddle LIPO up until the AGM ALL LIPO was banned, we allowed LIPO as from that date, now what we are doing is ADDING LIPO as they get approved by the BRCA etc. All the appropriate ones are on the list in stick format and as soon as the rules are confirmed for saddles they will all be added too. Our "Banned" list only includes 3 packs of cells (all of which we do sell), our "Approved" list is over 20 long now.

Steve, I agree with the bulk of your comments, the idea though of not letting pojnts count etc, we are not suggesting that there is any advantage from running them, its just that we dont allow their use, as a rule, which the club runs to (at present)

To all, we are a club who welcome everyone, from anywhere, but with LIPO we want to make sure that they are all above all else safe, other rules apply, but safety is our prime concern.

As soon as the AGM was held we allowed LIPO, since they were voted in. We added all the "widely available" packs from the EB list to OUR own list for the club. As soon as saddles are approved we will add them too, if the BRCA decline them we will make a judgement based on safety (not silly 1 - 2mm oversizing) and add the appropriate ones for all to use (wherever they come from)

Sorry to divert the thread slightly, but what had been posted about us and our club in particular was incorrect and twisted form the truth, I took the chance to set the record straight.

Being a welcoming family club has been what has kept us going so far for nearly 16 years and it wont change now, we problably have less rules and restrictions than most clubs in the country!!
Old 14-11-2008
oOple Advertiser

Carl, love your reply before mine, comedy!!!! War it is, LIPO till the end....... LOL
Old 14-11-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Carl, love your reply before mine, comedy!!!! War it is, LIPO till the end....... LOL
Old 14-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post

Sorry to those that purchased early, BEFORE the list or even Lipo were made legal that i guess is your mistake.. why should the rest of us who have followed the rules and waited for the cells to become legal have to move over for those that couldn't wait.. And then for some of you to say 'Im not running at BRCA events if there not allowed!!!'

I'm not against lipo, but i have waited for the BRCA to decide what happens with them.
I hope no new starters are looking at this cause if im honest it makes me feel like im back at school.. Racing is about fun, enjoying yourself, making new friends and travelling to new places... if you take the fun out of it by changing the rules to suit then you are likely to ruin the sports future..

I'm not looking for replies as i just felt this thread was damaging our sport more than helping it!!
I agree with Spenner here.

Regardless of the various conspiracy theories, arguments and hearsay...

LIPOS have been pased for 2009 based on an eagerly awaited homologation list. -anybody who is has bought lipos already is taking a chance on wether their particular cells willl be passed.

I can see why there is popular support for the Trackpower saddles as they are about the only ones on the market.... But even if the dimension rules were tweaked wouldn't the existing TP saddles cells still fail anyway beacuse the case isn't bonded?

Its unfortunate for trackpowers business, but s**t happens. An internet slanging match isn't going to fix anything.

All I will say is well done Schumacher! I'm sure they are pretty happy with the launch date of their new stick pack 4wd car coinciding with this saddle argument.
Old 14-11-2008
Super Moderator

Which hard cased packs are bonded together? My 3200 Orion is held together with double sided tape, the case has fallen off a few times

The case has never fallen off my TrakPowers...... which is the best solution?

G
Old 14-11-2008
Mad Member

I have an even simpler solution - sell all the 10th scale cars and come and race micro buggies. Our section allows any make\kind of 2 cell lipo and NIMHs. 1 set of tyres can last a whole season and we are not effected by the crappy weather. Job done
Old 14-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Which hard cased packs are bonded together? My 3200 Orion is held together with double sided tape, the case has fallen off a few times

The case has never fallen off my TrakPowers...... which is the best solution?

G
Some have welded cases, i've even seen cheapie Hong Pong ones with welded cases.

Not a question of whats better, its question of whats going to be allowed.

I assume the bonded case idea is not for strength but to try and stop people putting an illegal cell inside a case from a legal pack, or to stop people from getting in to solder to the internal tabs.

If i made the rules i would ban cells with flying leads protruding from the case (like the Core packs) in favour on packs like trackpower and orion with integral connectors.
Old 14-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
I have an even simpler solution - sell all the 10th scale cars and come and race micro buggies. Our section allows any make\kind of 2 cell lipo and NIMHs. 1 set of tyres can last a whole season and we are not effected by the crappy weather. Job done
18th rules!
Old 14-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
preaching to the converted mate!! lol

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 20-11-2008

I see Reedy have released some new hard case saddle pack lipos, anybody know if the sizes are inside what is now legal ? 69mm long 47mm wide 28mm high 5100mah, nice to see 35c rated.

http://67.199.85.166/main/productdet...ory=5101.xxxxx

And it says they will be out by December is that to late to get them on a approved list ?.
Old 20-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

height is 23.5 or 25mm i think. 28mm is too high.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 21-11-2008
Mad Member

Max 139x47x25

>> too tall

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 28-11-2008
Mad Member

Default Clarification from EFRA

http://www.efra.ws/news/executive001.html

13 Nov Lipo rules, important correction
Some draft versions of the Electric minutes found their way to the public and websites.
Unfortunately there was an error discovered by the proof reader on Saturday evening and corrected for publishing on Sunday.

It concerns the height of the cases for Lipos. The final version such as distributed in the morning was the corrected one and is now on this website: The height of the case is 23,5 mm and NOT 25 mm

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom