Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Basingstoke Radio Car Club

Old 19-08-2011

Default Is this the greatest RC track ever?

Have a look at this one chaps.

This is an AMAZING track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Ik14MrVFTrU
Old 19-08-2011

Thumbs up

Love it...
Old 19-08-2011

shocking surface poorly spaced out jumps whats there to like about that track i don't get it

#runs
Old 19-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedsalmonkid View Post
shocking surface poorly spaced out jumps whats there to like about that track i don't get it

#runs
Agree..

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 19-08-2011

Default re

awesome driving there by adam

TRF 502x
DF03 3racing conversion
DF03 KMRC conversion
http://l-m-racing.co.uk
http://www.modellbau-seidel.de
http://www.machheemstede.nl
Team TRF NL
Old 19-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedsalmonkid View Post

#runs
It looks fun.

I'm sure thats why we have this hobby.......?
Old 19-08-2011

That looks nuts, no good for nitro though
Old 20-08-2011

No, deffo an electric track. Those 8th brushless buggies really go!
Old 20-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
That looks nuts, no good for nitro though
It is a nitro track - it's Nitromania
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkBW15qrEZ4
Old 21-08-2011

hmmmm! not feeling that one, not exactly flowing is it.
Old 21-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What is the appeal of those vertical 'jumps' that form both the up and down ramp in one?
Not a track I'd like to run on tbh
Old 21-08-2011

Ok. I liked that one. Prove me wrong with your suggestions.
Show me others and say why.
Old 22-08-2011

you got lovely tracks all a round the area,why dont you go and take a look before you astro turf the coner,astro roll here you come,why not phone up a chairman of another club,electric car weigh less and jump different from nitro,if you took your hyper round the coruse on the video your destory it,look at the uk tracks,not the usa,it a different way of racing ie expensive high reving enignes and long straights,thought you wanted a 1/8th track like it says on club website?does adam drake use a pullstart?
Old 22-08-2011

I like this little compact flowing track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUqFF8DCgE8, its got everything squeezed into a relatively small area whilst still being fairly quick and still having plenty of overtaking opportunity. I reckon this would make a great SC track.

By the way I could be wrong, but I thought Nitromania was an event not a Track. I shall try and find out more info.
Old 22-08-2011

that a lot better example,but as you see it cut in the earth,so you get the gradients,which make the track so much better,than the on top of the earth tracks,but take a lot more work to build and a lot more maintence.but that more like a good track,why not look at coventy and westmill,your only down the road from clanfields,if you want to put on races see what outher people expect and what they pay for at a weekend?and if you want a brac track ask them about the legal track lenght ect

have you seen the free lap software,you just push the number on the laptop every time you go past,it could get you lot started till you get the funds for the my laps kit.

this banger racing,,,thats what you mean? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdUYqRKHZfc

if you got a hall why not do 1/10th at least your learn set up and steering skills,if that banger racing,how you work out the winner,get some cheap 1/10th ,banger racing looks like a one shot wonder
Old 22-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenmark View Post
you got lovely tracks all a round the area,why dont you go and take a look before you astro turf the coner,astro roll here you come,why not phone up a chairman of another club,electric car weigh less and jump different from nitro,if you took your hyper round the coruse on the video your destory it,look at the uk tracks,not the usa,it a different way of racing ie expensive high reving enignes and long straights,thought you wanted a 1/8th track like it says on club website?does adam drake use a pullstart?
I only said I liked it, I didn't say I was going to build it!!
Old 22-08-2011

the point is,you got tracks in the area,why not see how they do thing and why,instaed of building something and constanley changing it,utube great ,for ideas,but if you want to get people paying to race{or you got the £3000 for the timeing gear} then they wont be back,if you can offer them the same kind of experence?it say on the website we want to build a 1/8th track ect,well get the rules for the track from the brac and then your get the 80,90 people a meet,that £400 plus to help maintain the track,buy the timing stuff,if you got the space keep collecting astro truf and build a astro track as well,when it wet astro great saves banger racing in halls,no 2 hours cleaning when you get home,go look at what a round because you either want trick jumps on a track or a race track.if you aint looking at westfield ,they can make 3 different courses out of there drit track,phone the chairman up,get some info,people in rc are easy to talk to
Old 22-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenmark View Post
that a lot better example,but as you see it cut in the earth,so you get the gradients,which make the track so much better,than the on top of the earth tracks,but take a lot more work to build and a lot more maintence.but that more like a good track,why not look at coventy and westmill,your only down the road from clanfields,if you want to put on races see what outher people expect and what they pay for at a weekend?and if you want a brac track ask them about the legal track lenght etc

have you seen the free lap software,you just push the number on the laptop every time you go past,it could get you lot started till you get the funds for the my laps kit.

this banger racing,,,thats what you mean? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdUYqRKHZfc

if you got a hall why not do 1/10th at least your learn set up and steering skills,if that banger racing,how you work out the winner,get some cheap 1/10th ,banger racing looks like a one shot wonder
The idea has always been to shape the ground, we just have to be careful of depth because we don't want the track flooding everytime we have rain, so there may need to be some compromises. We are not short of ideas for how to lay the track out, in fact the course has already been designed and approved by the committee, it also conforms to BRCA standards so no need to worry about that.

We already have the free laps software and will be using it, although I have already started to think about funding for timing equipment.

Support has so far been in favour of Banger / Stock Car racing this winter, I think members like the idea of something a bit different over the colder months. The winner is decided by lap count the same as other RC races and on occasion last man standing such as Destruction Derby. I know it won't be to everyone's taste and that's why I asked for people to comment in another thread. If people wanted to go 1/10 I am sure they would suggest it, If that is what you would like to do why not post it on the "winter racing" thread. However, the cost for setting up 1/10 will obviously be higher and require more room but I am happy to try and accommodate for the general consensus when ever possible.
Old 22-08-2011

Angry Why is everyone picking on arsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPhil View Post
I only said I liked it, I didn't say I was going to build it!!
Phil, consider your self shot down in flames. You obviously have no idea what a track should be like and nobody cares about your having fun philosophy - stick to scalextric amateur .
Old 23-08-2011

still the same point you refuse to look or god forbid drive your cars round another tracks so how can you tell the what your aiming for ?