Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 11-10-2013

I am currently car-less, I havent been able to race since March of this year and so sold up sometime ago....

Before that though my last two cars were the DB1 and then followed with a TM2 and if you are choosing simply between these two, then I would buy the TM2 everytime. Even if they were the same price.....

Both are great cars, but for me the DB1 was too loose on low grip, things like vinyl indoors or a damp track outdoors. It was so bad it was almost a waste of time (IMO with my driving skills) whereas the TM2 was much more reliable.

Im not going to say that it was planted on low grip like a rear motor car would be, but in a straight comparison with the DB1 then the TM2 is much the better all round car.
Old 11-10-2013
Mad Member

You do realise you'll need a donor zx5 for the db1 ASWELL Andy?
I'm trying the shorty's over the winter and I know Carl was thinking about it last time spoke to him. End of the day kev lee runs them as does tony evdoka, and if tebo won the worlds with an rb6 with shorties it's can't be bad idea to try.....
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 11-10-2013

Theres 2 for sale on here at min gav just dont know if its worth it??
Old 11-10-2013
Mad Member

Shorty's in the RB6 are fantastic. I ran on grass which wore really badly at our last regional with my RB6 and it was mega. Found grip where almost everyone was struggling. Really impressed. I have also got a TM2 which I intend to use on the high grip carpet at West Bridgeford this winter. That too is an awesome piece of kit. Horses for courses.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 11-10-2013

yes I agree RB6 on carpet is one to get, just so happens I have one for sale
CARB
Old 11-10-2013

i have had a tm2 then sold it for a rb6 which was a great car no mistaking that but i sold it and went back to the tm2 which was the best thing i have done as i only run on high grip surfaces and the tm2 is just awesome on carpet and astroturf, its solid so very reliable and compared to the db1 or db2 is a lot cheaper even though you can can a second hand db1 for about the same price as a new tm2, and i aint saying the db1 isnt any good because i am sure its great but the tm2 for the money is a great car and there are pleanty of people online you can buy spares should you need them like pbm racing and insideline
Old 12-10-2013
No trade access

RB6 is just great indoor, fast enough, very reliable and quite safe especially on jumps. You got to work on it even if last setups available already include all work done in a year or so.
Flat arms with 3rd holes, shorty, a bit of weight and you're done.

On the other hand the DB1 (I got one too) is very fast but I have to keep everything in control more.
One thing that was very valuable indoor was to use a SP front end (larger front block with shorter wishbones). The car was more smooth on sweepers and large corners (like after a straight), a bit less flashy on tight chicane but overall safer.

I would try BB on the RB6 with AE kind of setup (2 to 3 holes), look at Tebo setup. I tried 3x1.3 with harder oil for the rear than with smallbores (35/30) and the car was fast yet safer on 5min without loosing too much.
You can win any race with that car yet easy to run and to service.

Now I wait for the DB2, Tony

I would look at Xray soon to be released 2wd. Not so good for low grip for sure but should be a rocket indoor without being too expensive (no options needed).