Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 16-04-2013

Well 20 racing last night meaning 4 heats again with 4 Q and 1 F for everyone tho not all 20 finished the night - my woes continuing shredding a drive belt in Q2.
As if that wasn’t bad enough after just managing to replace it for the final it seems the motor or speedo has gone as well.
Shame as I’d finally seemed to sort the handling problems that have been dragging on for one reason or another for what seems like forever!
Hopefully I can sort it for next week - see you then
Old 19-04-2013

Well gents, time to charge and prep for Monday. Lets see if I can get more than 7 minutes racing this week.
Belt replaced, spur replaced, seized spur bearing replaced - not 100% sure it didn’t cause me a problem with the motor/speedo tho
We’ll see on Monday I guess.

See you there
Old 23-04-2013

Well the norths best TC & Buggy club was missing the norths best track builders again last night with no Shears meaning only 3 buggies and no jumps L
Still managed 16 racers tho - so your own maths - getting in 4 quali and 2 leg finals as usual. Some very close racing, too close on a few occasions made for a goods nights racing with some very good close driving - marshalling however was another matter!!.
Well done to Trev on making the A final and Adam on being within 2 seconds of being on the same lap as his dad!!!

Still no signs of the Hobbit to do his review???

On a personal note my car seemed to be on rails again finally but more than my fair share of racing incidents and getting caught up in other peoples crashes, combined with the resulting over-driving to try to catch back up resulted in pretty poor results over the night culminating in me giving up on the second final - by the time I loose almost a lap waiting for a marshal then have to walk to the middle of the tack to marshal my own car there’s not really much point continuing with the race!!
Hopefully I’ll have a bit more luck next week

Oh and just to add that the buggy final in which Boblet decide to rin his tc against Buckles buggy was awesome to watch!!!!!!! Unbeleivable how close a buggy and TC are matched on a wooden floor - absolutely brilliant!!!
Old 30-04-2013

Well 19 cars on track last night, 12 TC and 7 buggies getting 6 races each.
Nice to see Phil McMahon finally back racing to do a mag review, hopefully it wasn’t a one off and will tempt him back properly.
No Shears again, that’s 3 weeks out of 4 you’ve missed lads, was it something I said?
Also where has Nigel Hastie disappeared to???
Don’t forget no racing next Monday due to the bank holiday and unfortunately I’ll be missing the week after tho I’m sure it’ll run fine without me as it usually does
Old 03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysurfer View Post
Well 19 cars on track last night, 12 TC and 7 buggies getting 6 races each.
Nice to see Phil McMahon finally back racing to do a mag review, hopefully it wasn’t a one off and will tempt him back properly.
No Shears again, that’s 3 weeks out of 4 you’ve missed lads, was it something I said?
Also where has Nigel Hastie disappeared to???
Don’t forget no racing next Monday due to the bank holiday and unfortunately I’ll be missing the week after tho I’m sure it’ll run fine without me as it usually does

Hi Mark

Will be back at some point but at the moment having more fun with heli flying than cars and both cost money to run and at the moment the aircraft is
in top spot.

back soon Gary
Old 09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar View Post
Hi Mark

Will be back at some point but at the moment having more fun with heli flying than cars and both cost money to run and at the moment the aircraft is
in top spot.

back soon Gary
See you when the weather is crap then - probably the summer
Old 10-05-2013

Don’t forget racing is back on this coming Monday13th. Unfortunately I won’t be there as I agreed to go to a gig with a mate and he got the tickets before I realised it was a Monday but I’m sure the meeting will run as smooth as ever with Westy, Scowen, Hindson or Nev on race control

Have fun and I’ll be back next week

Cheers
Old 17-05-2013

Ok lads an appeal for you all to get off your lazy backsides and get along racing this coming Monday.
I know I wasn’t there last week but didn’t realise so many of you only came along to enjoy my company. Only 11 racing last week was a pretty poor turn out and considering we need 15 to break even, a bit of a worry.
I guess the moral of this is that next time I’m not racing, not to tell you all in advance that you won’t have the pleasure of my company, that way maybe less will decide not to show.
So come on, make an effort to race on a Monday otherwise you may end up not having a club to race at.
See you on Monday?
Old 21-05-2013

Well a better turn out this week with 15 racing meaning at least enough to cover the cost of the hall.
Nice to see Colin Oldroyd back after a long while away. Nice to have my car absolutely flying again - just a shame that after missing 2 weeks I seem to have forgotten how to drive and my thumbs couldn’t keep up with it.
Also - please be in your marshal position by the START of the race, not the third lap - especially when there are only a very limited number for marshals for a heat!!!
Don’t forget, no racing next week due to the bank hol so see you al again in two weeks J
Old 04-06-2013

Well another quiet night last night probably not helped by the fantastic weather. 12 racing over 3, 4 car heats, 2 TC heats and a Richie heat which we put westy into to make up the 4!

Some good close racing despite the low numbers with 4 quali and a 2 leg final for everyone.

Hopefully next Monday’s weather will be awful so numbers will be back up again.

See you then
Old 07-06-2013

Well lads, just checked Monday’s weather forecast and apparently around 7pm its going to be tipping it down with rain, blowing a gale and only 3 degrees.

So you may as well all come racing then………..
Old 11-06-2013

Well 15 racers wasn’t bad last night considering the weather giving us 3 heats of 5, 2TC & 1 buggy.
A lot of very close racing in all heats made for a good night.
And a quick mention for young Adam - excellent driving earned him a place in the A final at the expense of some more established drivers - more of the same next week Adam, see if you can beat your dad J
Old 19-06-2013

Well a good night racing on Monday tho with only 14 cars on track - bloody sunny weather L Plenty of grip tho!!!
We ran 2 TC heats and a 4 car Johnson/Richie heat with 3 Johnsons and 3 Richie’s out if 4 drivers!
Good close racing over 4 quali rounds and 2 leg finals meaning 6 races for everyone as usual.
Hopefully we’ll have more racing next week - 15 drivers to break even remember so pray for rain on mondays
Oh and for those of you who like to watch the Zumba girls you’d better get along as next week is their last week ever.
Mark
Old 21-06-2013

Ok lads weekly reminder time to get your lazy butt’s along to racing on Monday - don’t forget it’s your last chance to watch the Zumba girls!

14 last week wasn’t a good turn out but despite this we had some good close racing with plenty of grip. So you part timers and those AWOL with no good reason, dust your cars off and get there for 7 to help with setup.

See you there.

Old 25-06-2013

Wink

Well a quiet night again with only 13 club racers to we were joined later by a potential new member who had dusted off some vintage gear - RC10???
Some 2WD buggy anyway which he managed to get round the track surprisingly well worrying some of the 4WD lads! Hope to see you back soon Barry J

Numbers resulted in only 1 buggy and 1 TC heat but with the floor providing plenty of grip again, some very close racing, especially the TC final with Nev racing Hindsons TC, me on totally shot tyres and Martin Purvis racing Adam’s car (so he claims - I still think it was Adam!)

Anyway, hopefully see a few more next week - and don’t forget, doors open at 7PM!!
Mark
Old 02-07-2013

Well the nice weather, summer holidays and regionals continue to affect driver numbers with only 11 racing last night. Barry has promised to join us next week after competing in a round with my TC last night fairly convincingly J however having ordered a B44.2 he will be joining the dark side.
From loads of grip the past 2 weeks last night was pretty poor mainly due to the gymnasts having kindly left a patch of chalk dust on the floor.
Still some very close racing again, particularly in the TC’s with two cars going door to door almost half a lap at one point.
The positive side of low numbers meant SEVEN rounds of racing for everyone last night, 4 quali and a THREE leg final. That’s more racing for your £5 race fee than any where else I know of!

Come on you part timers, get yourselves along and do some racing next Monday. The club needs drivers to keep running in the summer or there may be no club in the winter!!!
Old 05-07-2013

Raging IS on again as usual this coming monday, and as usual it would be good to have as many as possible turn up and race.
Old 05-07-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Thumbs up

If im not busy on monday night, i will make it for a race night

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 08-07-2013

Hope to see you there tonight then Steve - I paid a visit to Barley Mow last night for some carpet racing for a change - takes a while to get your thumbs tuned after 12 month on wood - finished a distant second
Old 08-07-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Question

Anybody got a spare saddle pack balance lead that i can buy ???

Like this one in the link........

http://www.jemodels.com/components/c...e07db31c51.jpg

cheers

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/