Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 24-01-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
i asked about that and they said it will be avalible when the car come in,...........
Not sure who told you that, we have been told bodies are expected to arrive BEFORE the buggies but only a week or so before and not juts yet...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 24-01-2011
Mad Member

Default mods

Any other mods being used by the team drivers or any parts being tried ie weight kits
Old 24-01-2011

I read on RCTech forum, instead of puting brass bits on the chassis, they're trying configurations with the Xcelorin new 96mm lipo stick...
Old 24-01-2011

I've gone for preordering the new lipo and a trish bits weightkit, I'll have some options from the off then.
Old 24-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post
I've gone for preordering the new lipo and a trish bits weightkit, I'll have some options from the off then.
What's the Trishbits weight kit then?
I'm deffo intrigued
Old 24-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
Don't know why people keep asking when this is out and that is out . The 22 will be out when it's good and ready. I'm sure if the car came with either under performing parts or parts were missing everyone would be saying Losi or bad for letting this happen blah blah blah. Come on guy's show a little patience. I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait
Cheers Steve - I believe it will be worth the wait for you all.

With regard to the availability date, no one either here in Horizon EU or in TLR or Horizon US want there to be a delay any more than any racer / prospective owner. Sadly though, at this time, it does seem as if the initial expected availability date has slipped for whatever reason(s).

Before anyone asks - No, I don't know why - we're passengers in all this as well.

As racers ourselves, we understand why people would like to get body shells in advance and we will do what we can to achieve this - but realistically, until the shipping advice is received and we know what is en route to us, we're none the wiser than you all.

Rest assured, there's a whole heap of people trying to do all they can to bring this car to market as soon as possible. No one is getting any kicks out of having to recognise and accept that clearly not everything has gone to plan.

We'll continue to keep our retailers as up to date with the situation as we know it.
Old 24-01-2011

Oops, sorry about that, I meant Rude Bits. It all sounds the same to me.
Old 25-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Don't know why people keep asking when this is out and that is out .
i supose its because,when a release date is given and its not released,people are intitled to ask......

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 25-01-2011
Mad Member

Has any of the team drivers got any pictures of the car with the speedo installed infront of lipos ? possibly using a low profile servo.
Old 25-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
Has any of the team drivers got any pictures of the car with the speedo installed infront of lipos ? possibly using a low profile servo.
Here's a link Mike to an earlier post where I was showing the mid car install with the 96mm battery.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=196

The length of the 96mm battery is equivocal to 2 saddles placed side-by-side so the forward ESC install would work for a saddle install in the mid car.

Hope this helps.
Andy
Old 25-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
i supose its because,when a release date is given and its not released,people are intitled to ask......
A release date wasn't given, it just said late february and now it's late march. A lot of companies have moved release dates back and not just in the R.C world, Look at GT5 on the playstation I know everyone want's the latest and greatest right now but we will all have to wait.
Old 25-01-2011

As long as it's ready for the start of the outdoor season I'll be happy (May for us over here). Obviously the main work is done they are just having to fart round with the little details and/or round out any issues the latest testing has thrown up. I'm confident that they have the weight of a large machine behind them and can afford to put out a decent, well sorted kit from the off.
Old 26-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
Here's a link Mike to an earlier post where I was showing the mid car install with the 96mm battery.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=196

The length of the 96mm battery is equivocal to 2 saddles placed side-by-side so the forward ESC install would work for a saddle install in the mid car.

Hope this helps.
Andy

Cheers for that, very useful. Did the battery stay in position ok in the forward position. Can the second velcro strap be installed towards the front of the forward placed batery if using saddles as opposed to the one piece battery? If not I'm sure a bit of head scratching will find a way!

Chris

Old 26-01-2011

The battery stayed in position without any trouble with just the single velcro strap. The body shell stops it from lifting upwards at the front.
Don't forget that you're only trying to restrain just over 200g with the short LiPo.

I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly about using saddles?

If you are using saddles then you will need to use the two velcro straps - but the battery only fits in the rearward configuration with the saddles because the width of the chassis narrows as you move forward and the saddle would be too wide.
You could always turn the front saddle lengthwise but you'd be reducing the RC space even more.

The object of the exercise for me was to determine how best I could package the ESC and short stick LiPo whilst keeping the wires short, having enough headroom for the ESC (the Castle is quite tall with the fan shroud on) and simply just seeing what looked neat.

TBH, I'm not sure what configuration I'll end up with - some days I love the idea of short motor wires and other days I like it with the battery rearward.

Decisions decisions....

HTH
Old 26-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
The battery stayed in position without any trouble with just the single velcro strap. The body shell stops it from lifting upwards at the front.
Don't forget that you're only trying to restrain just over 200g with the short LiPo.

I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly about using saddles?

If you are using saddles then you will need to use the two velcro straps - but the battery only fits in the rearward configuration with the saddles because the width of the chassis narrows as you move forward and the saddle would be too wide.
You could always turn the front saddle lengthwise but you'd be reducing the RC space even more.

The object of the exercise for me was to determine how best I could package the ESC and short stick LiPo whilst keeping the wires short, having enough headroom for the ESC (the Castle is quite tall with the fan shroud on) and simply just seeing what looked neat.

TBH, I'm not sure what configuration I'll end up with - some days I love the idea of short motor wires and other days I like it with the battery rearward.

Decisions decisions....

HTH
I see, no probs. I run a Castle speedo too so it's good to see that it fits in front of the battery with the saddles. I'm sure with a bit of fiddling I can get the wires something like neat, can't be any worse than x6 in terms of wiring anyway!

Cheers

Chris

Old 05-02-2011

Does anybody know anything about the esc in the pictures from Losi and when or if it will be released?

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 09-02-2011

The ESC in the pictures is a standard Xcelorin unit with a different heatsink (
LOSB9352) on it.

Hope that helps.
Old 18-02-2011

Hmm.

Will a regular length lipo fit in the midmotor configuration with a low profile servo? Looks like it nearly can

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize
Old 18-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
Hmm.

Will a regular length lipo fit in the midmotor configuration with a low profile servo? Looks like it nearly can
No fella, saddles or the NEW short cell. Just picked up some of the new losi saddles this week and new electrics not long know for the car
Old 18-02-2011

Quote:
No fella, saddles or the NEW short cell. Just picked up some of the new losi saddles this week and new electrics not long know for the car
Have you measured?

I know it doesn't say, and I don't think it will, but it looks close.

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize