Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Its confirmed a while ago he has stood down

Ron Dennis has handed over complete control of McLaren Racing to team principal Martin Whitmarsh, ending his 43-year involvement in Formula 1. The 61-year-old stepped down as world champion Lewis Hamilton's team boss on 16 January, but stayed involved in F1.
Dennis will now concentrate solely on McLaren's new sports car project.
"I am the architect of this restructure of McLaren. I have no qualms about leaving Martin to look after all matters connected to F1," said Dennis.
"I feel enormously enthused about the prospects for both the McLaren Group and for McLaren Automotive."

Lewis sack your dad
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Mclaren are creating a bad momentum here. Give Lewis an easy teammate. Sack the boss for Lewis (Well, mad max is all over this too!). All that will happen is the Hamiltons become more and more demanding, then leave anyway the first time Mclaren say no.

If this isn't his dads doing, I'd expect a press release anytime saying how great Ron is. If it is, expect them to issue a Gordon Brown style letter instead!
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Aww, leave it out about Anthony Hamilton, if it wasn't for him being there (all the time!!!) websites like Sniffpetrol.com would have to go back to running their "Jenson & His Pikey Dad" gag that they were doing before Hamilton came on scene.

Has anybody wondered if Ron is playing a really really long game and using all this as a manufactured way of getting Martin Whitmarsh out of the team. His position is looking vulnerable pending McLaren being summoned to the FIA hearing on the 29th April.

I see McLaren did NOT appeal about the diffusers, are they keeping their head down or are they savvy enough to accept that they've simply been out-designed and need to catch up quick.
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The trouble is every other team will be watching want Ant does and should mcclaren depart with lewis i cant see the likes of ferrari taking any bullshit from his dad
SACK YOUR DAD
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Can I ask?
What is everyones problem with Lewis's dad?
He's only Lewis's manager (in terms of the sport) so I can't see him having 1 ounce of authority in Mclaren when it comes to making decisions. Basically, Mclaren cocked up BIG TIME, and if it was my son that was in the firing line like Lewis was, then I too would be pretty p****d! wouldn't you?

Dennis has been saying from the beginning of last year that he was eventually going to step down. So I can't see it being through any dodgy reasons.
Old 16-04-2009
Lee-Mag

I agree tel, i don't have a problem with him as a person i just think its funny how he is always on camera

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I can't believe how many people have fell for Lewis blaming Mclaren 100% on this!! It was him who cocked up as well as them!! How was he "misled" exactly?? He knew the truth, so the only misleading they could have done was to tell him he'd get away with it if he lied!!

With his dad, the proviso is how much you believe whats written, but a HELL of a lot has been written recently about how his dads obsessed with making him F1's Tiger Woods and how angry he is with mclaren for ruining his image. Well, duh, if he wants to be seen as honest, just maybe he should try being....honest???

Lol, anyway I've just been tuned away from supporting him for a while, since the whole "I'm leaving Britain to ecape these bothersome fans, but please all buy my book", and racing wise since he got away with somehow convincing so many people that he would have won Monaco given the chance (and completely ignoring that Alonso was NOT pushing himself as he knew the team orders!!).

Wow, bit of a rant
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Oh, and Dennis had already stepped aside day to day but until now was staying as overall boss away from the track. He's now had to totally leave the F1 side.
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Renault & McLaren change diffuser
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8001001.stm

After a slow start, Renault will be looking to make up ground with a new diffuser

By Sarah Holt
BBC Sport in Shanghai

Renault and McLaren will run with updated diffusers at the Chinese Grand Prix, BBC Sport understands.
Now we will see how good Brawn really is
Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hey sonny if your taking the piss out of my bald head again Im quitting
see how you get on without me
Old 17-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

HOw can people moan about how much Lewis's dad is on tv?

I didn't hear anyone moaning that buttons dad was on tv all the time for the las two races....and come to think of it, when his career first started.

Quote:
I can't believe how many people have fell for Lewis blaming Mclaren 100% on this!! It was him who cocked up as well as them!! How was he "misled" exactly?? He knew the truth, so the only misleading they could have done was to tell him he'd get away with it if he lied!!
Isn't that slightly contradictng? So basically he was mislead.
I can't remember him blaming mclaren 100%. He did actually say that he was wrong for lying. I'd say that's blaming himself some too.
Don't forget he's only in his 3rd season in F1, in his early 20's and drives for a team that he probably thought knew better, and so may have gone with their advice in this situation.

And as for his dad wanting Lewis to be the Tiger Woods of the F1 world...why not? would you not want the same for your son if he was in that position? I know I would! and if I'd helped him get there, then Id want to be there to witness it too!
Old 17-04-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
HOw can people moan about how much Lewis's dad is on tv?

I didn't hear anyone moaning that buttons dad was on tv all the time for the las two races....and come to think of it, when his career first started.

Isn't that slightly contradictng? So basically he was mislead.
I can't remember him blaming mclaren 100%. He did actually say that he was wrong for lying. I'd say that's blaming himself some too.
Don't forget he's only in his 3rd season in F1, in his early 20's and drives for a team that he probably thought knew better, and so may have gone with their advice in this situation.

And as for his dad wanting Lewis to be the Tiger Woods of the F1 world...why not? would you not want the same for your son if he was in that position? I know I would! and if I'd helped him get there, then Id want to be there to witness it too!
even so tel, he knew he was cheating and some one else had had to take the fall for him and the team, he could have said "no lets be honnest"
Old 19-04-2009
Mad Member

Oh Mark, you are kidding, aren't you? You are telling me you have NEVER, EVER, said anything to a customer that might not have been totally right in order to ensure that you, your boss or your firm don't look like fools, or worse yet aren't seen to have done a perfect job? And, of course, you've NEVER, EVER, done that on the track to explain away some incident or other in an important race?

I know I have done both the above, with the advantage that my conversations weren't recorded, and my actions weren't on video. You can call it cheating if you like, but whatever you call it, it is a reaction that we have all either been tempted to put into practice, or have put into practice. Just because they are rich people doesn't make them any less human than we are.

They tried to get an advantage, they failed. S**t happens. It isn't cheating in my view - it's stupidity. There is a recording of your conversation and a video of the incident and you try to tell them something that didn't happen? Cheats? - idiots more like!
Old 19-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm sorry, can someone please explain to me exactly how Hamilton was misled??

Telboy, my point on the Tiger Woods thing is that if he wants to be seen as such a shining ambassador, then actually be one, don't just get angry with anyone who points out the bad behaviour and ruins the act!!

For what it's worth, my guess is they lied just to get the positions swapped to what they (with some justification I guess) felt was the right result. It spiralled out of control because wasn't Trulli docked more time which put him lower than fourth? (is that right?) At that point the White lie became a bigger problem!
Old 21-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just been reading the appeal full verdict on autosport, some assorted gems:

The teams, or some if them, who wanted Brawn etc kicked out appeared to use as one of their reasons that anything which increases downforce back towards 2006 levels is illegal by definition! Presumably those teams are selling their windtunnels??

The fia claim noone got round to showing them evidence overtaking would be adversley affected. Cock up by Ferrari/Renault etc, or fia stitch up??

Ferrari's argument made their own car from previous years illegal, which they said was a "tolerable" illegality while Brawns wasn't!? Worst legal argument ever??

Corker of a terrible argument from Brawn is in there too!!

Most of the claims made by Ferrari etc were laughable, only 1 or 2 made any coherent argument at all. But presumably it's how these things work, make up ten arguments to create a momentum? Would they not have been better sticking to the ones which made sense??
Old 21-04-2009
Lee-Mag

I love the tolerable illegality line that is genius.

I can see that line being used at the nats this year.

Eden Park:
Whyman: "10 second penalty for car 4 for putting the yellow car off the track and into the stream"

Car 4: "But it was Preddy"

Whyman: "ok it's a tolerable illegality. no penalty"

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com