Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 16-07-2012

Default Team-C Jeykll

After many years I decided to get a new Rc buggy to play with.
My last 'new' car was a Cougar2 and aMission.

The car is officially for my son to use......

We were looking a the Madrat, but there seemed to be only a few in the shops, so instead we ordered a Jeykll from Apex.
It arrived next day, but was a couple of weeks before starting the build- time spent getting some radio gear together....
Also ordered a set o ball races and some ceramic diff balls from Buds

Very impressed with the build. The parts fit together freely and with very little slack. It also sees to come with upgraded parts compared the Madrat - the wheelbase is 8mm longer and the kit came with 2 idler gears, th standard black one and the POM version.

Unfortunately, my, sorry, my sons kit also came with 3 front and 1 rear suspension arms. It was Friday afternoon when I rang Apex and on the Saturday morning we received a new pair of rears direct from SMD!

We have built the Jeykll up with a silver can motor and the kit gearing and, in the first couple of runs round the garden is good fun - although, with the current weather, we might have been better off with a boat!

Just need to find a club to go and have a go at racing again.....

In the meantime I would like to thank all the shops I have dealt with, I was buying bottom of the range kit, but the level of customer service was well beyond that.
Old 16-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
In the meantime I would like to thank all the shops I have dealt with, I was buying bottom of the range kit, but the level of customer service was well beyond that.
It comes with the brand, shops are able to support their customers to the full extent when they know the factory will stand behind their product.
Old 17-07-2012

I just love the first line of the Jekyll's description on the SMD site.

The Jekyll is the buggy version from the TR02 chassis and releaved already in the standard 2WD version the special fun indicators. Through the rear engine the Jekyll has the perfect traction on slippery undergrounds. The Jekyll is a agile race buggy who shows what is driving.

It must have been a direct Google translation from Chinese to English.

Oh! and it has a Lying steering servo. I hope they're only little white lies.