Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 11-09-2013

Default TC 1/10 help / advice

Hi guys

i have no idea what i am getting ymself into.
i have just bought a tc6.1 and do tno know where to start. i am comming from 1/8th rally-X so i know what to do witht eh radio

LOL

but now that this is a new class i have no idea on what the rules are.... i do nto think i am that bad with the onraod stuff as i did do the gt12 stuff last year and did very well so i am doing this TC stuff for the winterr season to keep my hand and eye in.

so the real question is, what tyres, shells and motor and esc do i need to have??

the motor and esc is the main thing... blinky? 13.5t? i would like to be in a class with a lot of good compertition so what do i need please?

all helpo and advice is greatly taken

cheers
levon
Old 11-09-2013
Mad Member

TC 1/10 is a great class.

Check your local club for what motor types are popular, usually its 13.5 boosted or 17.5 blinky. Blinky is great fun and it's very close racing, its also more easy to get the car to behave at blinky speeds. A popular speedo is the Hobbywing Extreme stock, its great as you can flash it as either Blinky or Boosted to keep your options open for racing, but as long as your esc is able to have firmware flashes you will be good.

As a rule, like any class, just get the right Tyres, again check your local club for what they run (Usually Sorex 28jb for indoors, 32's for outside but each club usually has a favourite tyre).

TC racing is good fun, it seems to have had a surge recently with some guys leaving off road and GT12. Personally its my favourite class now as its cheap (You never need the latest and greatest chassis to win) and the racing is really close.
Old 11-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatmix View Post
TC 1/10 is a great class.

Check your local club for what motor types are popular, usually its 13.5 boosted or 17.5 blinky. Blinky is great fun and it's very close racing, its also more easy to get the car to behave at blinky speeds. A popular speedo is the Hobbywing Extreme stock, its great as you can flash it as either Blinky or Boosted to keep your options open for racing, but as long as your esc is able to have firmware flashes you will be good.

As a rule, like any class, just get the right Tyres, again check your local club for what they run (Usually Sorex 28jb for indoors, 32's for outside but each club usually has a favourite tyre).

TC racing is good fun, it seems to have had a surge recently with some guys leaving off road and GT12. Personally its my favourite class now as its cheap (You never need the latest and greatest chassis to win) and the racing is really close.

cheers dude.

the only reason i am doing TC is i want to do soemthing for the winter season and i do nto want to mess my 1/8th buggy up.

and i recon this indoor stuff will be fun.

now to find a local club that does tc

LOL