Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 16-12-2010

Talking Getting a carisma

Right... i was going to buy a hpi blitz... but then realised that buying and getting one running competatively is going to be pricey... so i have looked into getting a carisma or a carisma f1... BUT i have never really run micro electronics... so... what should i get... Not getting a novak mongoose though... because there is a price cap at the local club

HELPPPPPPPP

thanks
Rich
Old 16-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox-airbrushing View Post
Right... i was going to buy a hpi blitz... but then realised that buying and getting one running competatively is going to be pricey... so i have looked into getting a carisma or a carisma f1... BUT i have never really run micro electronics... so... what should i get... Not getting a novak mongoose though... because there is a price cap at the local club

HELPPPPPPPP

thanks
Rich
What club?, so they've put a price cap on it so you have to buy something that wouldn't be competitive if you raced elsewhere!!!!

Best advice is to change club and buy the best you can afford so you can enjoy your racing. Limiting what people run is the easiest way to kill a class stone dead.

Shark ST or Carisma if you can get one would be best with some decent electronics (Mongoose 10.5 and a Mongoose speedo or full size 10th speedo)
Old 16-12-2010

But buying a mongoose system would cost more than the car is costing me
Old 16-12-2010

I would say a lot of the national drivers now use Ezrun speedos and motors the kit complete is available for around £50.00, they a less trouble than the Mongoose and 1/3rd the price. Get back into micros Alec and see the light.
Regards Ashley
Old 16-12-2010

Check on ebay. Dez told me about a 1/18th EZRun combo for £30 (not sure if that's with or without postage). Bought myself the F1 last night and am hoping to be racing it somewhere in the new year.
Old 16-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAshers View Post
I would say a lot of the national drivers now use Ezrun speedos and motors the kit complete is available for around £50.00, they a less trouble than the Mongoose and 1/3rd the price. Get back into micros Alec and see the light.
Regards Ashley
Fair enough so a top spec system and car should come into any clubs "price cap" surely, or what's the point?
Old 16-12-2010

You certainly wont need a mongoose in a carisma f1. Go for a low kv sensorless system, less than 5000kv, cheap as chips.
Try ukmicrorc forum, loads of info on these systems there. The carisma doesnt need lots of power to be quick!
Old 21-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmog99 View Post
You certainly wont need a mongoose in a carisma f1. Go for a low kv sensorless system, less than 5000kv, cheap as chips.
Try ukmicrorc forum, loads of info on these systems there. The carisma doesnt need lots of power to be quick!
If you buy the RTR carisma GT14B you get all the electrics, brushless motor and esc, bargain for £185.