Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 13-05-2007

Send a message via AIM to notlawnomis Send a message via MSN to notlawnomis Send a message via Yahoo to notlawnomis

Any results??

How'd u do??
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

It's funny how the tyre situation at Kiddy was changed due to complaints about expense!!!!

2wd on saturday was the bomb even with dribbles of rain, no problem at all track was great as always.

My tyre bill for this weekend in total was over £300!!!!
Ok, so most will be used again as we use spikes mostly everywhere, So no problem.

But then along with about 50 others i now have one blown speedo.
All totals too nearly £500, thats not including everything else for the weekend!!

There was a few of us that couldn't believe round 2 was run, i thought the meeting should have been cancelled after the 1st round ??

To be honest i am quite p£#$%d off after today, and im sure there are many others. I know some people will gain from today and they will say it was the right decision, well i think that is crap!! When you watch and only see on average 4 cars finish each qualifying run that makes US look stupid. Ok, some will say you didn't have to go out there, but isn't this the British Nationals??

So i have some questions:

1. After Round 1 when it was very clear there was large puddles and plenty of standing water on the track, why was the meeting cancelled ???
(There was less standing water at previous Nationals and the meetings were cancelled)

2. What happens now to the 50 + people who have blown speedo's ???

3. Does Helger and CML have enough stock for people to purchase the various speedo's??

I have never moaned about anything from Nationals before but today was a very expensive and pointless day.

Rant over.
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

Double post
Old 13-05-2007
Administrator

Old 13-05-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What a great pic!!!! Thats Joe Cockhill's car, and he finished the run, I think!?!?!?
Old 13-05-2007
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

jimmy that looks mad cant wait to see the rest u tease
Old 13-05-2007

Send a message via AIM to notlawnomis Send a message via MSN to notlawnomis Send a message via Yahoo to notlawnomis

OMG

http:// www .oople.com/rc/photos/misc/kid "sub".jpg

Like it!! \o/
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

that is toatlly crazy!

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44
Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

Plain stupid running in those conditions.
Old 13-05-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Water proofing????

Its amazing what you can use to waterproof speedo's and recievers etc.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 13-05-2007

blimey...i reckon the round the world yacht race doesnt even race in those conditions
Old 13-05-2007

blimey...i reckon the round the world yacht race doesnt even race in those conditions.....

£300 for the race....that would bankrupt me for the year
Old 13-05-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

to be fair, the start of round two looked 'OK' after the water was brushed away. if the water was brushed after each heat then it'd of been better.. but the brca dont have a huge timescale to work with.

i watched the majority of round two, and the amount of people who ran absolutely no waterproofing was absolutely crazy.

one car stopped after 1 lap, i opened the car up to see no undertray and exposed elecs plastered in water.

I'll be honest, if i was in the heats towards the end of round two.. id of had seconds thoughts of racing.. but id of went ahead anyway as i made sure my car was leak proof!

tyres? i think pins would of worked better for the fact we would of knew what to run from practise one to the final.
I saw peoples pit tables with schumy greens, yellows, ballistic pinks and greens and a variety of 2wd/4wd tyres just for 2wd!
however, we were all in the same boat and it made for interesting racing with weather changes.
Old 13-05-2007
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Its about time you cleaned your car anyway joe !
Old 13-05-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

I dont think people have an exscuse about saying they had nothing to waterproof wit anyways th BRCA where giving out black bin backs yesterday for rubbish. Adn 90% of drivers have grease in there pit box and insulation tape.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 13-05-2007
Mad Member

Someone get a picture from any of the first 3 heats and show me where the water was brushed away ??? Yes they brushed the water into larger puddles off the racing line, and that was about 3 people for 2-3 mins tops!!!! I was in heat 3 and was standing watching heat 1 and 2, there were large puddles from the beginning!!
Also with regard brushing the track after each race, the BRCA rules don't allow the track to be touched till the end of the round.
Myself and a couple of others who had speedo's go all had water proofing on them or as much as you could, bottom line in my eyes we shouldn't have been running.
I think the puddle in Jimmy's pic say most of it.
Old 13-05-2007
BANNED

That's the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Jimmy's got loads more of them to come, he's crazy.

Mine are all a bit standard,

SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 13-05-2007
Administrator

"all a bit standard" ------ bust out the magpie stu!

Stu got surrounded by 10 chavs on saturday night, threatening to take his camera and burn his negatives - whatever those are. Stu pulled of one of the slickest 'defusing' operations I've ever seen however, he bored them away.

Old 13-05-2007

Saturdays 2wd meeting for me was the worst days racing i have had since i started. 1 good run all day. Thought it was the transmitter. Car would run for about 3 mins and then cut out (no power to anything). By the time the race had finished and i got to car it would be OK. 4wd car ran ok for the 2 heats that i raced in today.
So not sure what is wrong with it as it has occured in both cars prior to this weekend with different electrics in cars.

In 4wd i taped up all the holes in shell and chassis and even after round 2 and the puddles the car was dry inside, Did not want any more expense and have to buy more electrics.

PS Has any one had to deal with Ripmax in returning Sanwa Radio gear. Will be sending transmitter back to see if they can find anything wrong with it.
Paint by Wezzer.
Old 13-05-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

LMAO maggie!!!!!

indeed, stu is one slick dude, it was as if it has happened before as he reacted so quickly haha.