Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 18-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

must say i ve met all my heros ,, god i even sposor them no w how did that happen , but to me theres still loads of heros still out there eh dc Gettin it done

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 18-12-2009

When I first started racing I got an Ellis Stafford replica shell sprayed for my XX4 (By Adam Smith ABS). It was the original design. Then I went to one of the big DMS indoor meets, Ellis was there, with the same shell as me, with a XX4. I felt a little silly.

I should drag the shell out again now that the real one isn't in use.

I also got to race against Juuka Steenari whilst he was at a racemeet at Aylesbury in the warmup for the Euros in the UK. That was fun. I learned a lot about overtaking whilst he lapped me over and over again
Old 18-12-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
My hero is Jonsey!!!!! Team Orange!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
Three were tops with me, Masami and Mannie Pannesar (team mate as well), Bob Gammon. Also cant forget Jon Tucker, Jon Leonard and Craig Harris

THATS SIX!

Jonsey is the nuts, or is that he is nuts!!! GO ORANGE!!

I love you boys too, at least when I'm not racing anymore I can safetly think that people will remember who I am, if not for the racing results

Considering I'm just about to enter my 20th year of racing I should have alot of idols. When I started doing Nationals I always remember Jamie Booth, Kevin Moore, William Mitchem to name a few.

Then that list moved on to Neil Cragg for fairly obvious reasons as I remember when he turned up to a North West Regional (Bolton I think) in the early 90's and battered everyone!)

It's harder for me to say now as I've finally developed from the bottom National Finals to regular Top 30 finishes, it's amazing running against some of Brittain's top drivers week in week out
Old 18-12-2009

I am my own hero!

Nick Priest

http://www.midlandsraceway.co.uk/

http://model-car-racer.co.uk

For the best PERMANENT Indoor Off Road circuit in the West Midlands.
Old 19-12-2009

I have raced with, chatted to, and been beat by,

Dave Cropmton (8 times brca rallyx champion)
Ryan Donovan (I did out qualify him once never done it since!!)
Elliot Boots (slapped me all round the place!!)
Graham Alsop (errr yeah, got beat!!)
Racheal Merry (see above)
Jon Hazlewood (beat me again LOL!)

and ive met, and had a very lengthy chat with Craig Drescher, Possibly the nicest man ive ever met and im sooooooo jealous of what hes acheived.!!!
Old 19-12-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
Three were tops with me, Masami and Mannie Pannesar (team mate as well), Bob Gammon. Also cant forget Jon Tucker, Jon Leonard and Craig Harris

THATS SIX!

Jonsey is the nuts, or is that he is nuts!!! GO ORANGE!!
Well make it seven as my other idol is you hehe.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 19-12-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey View Post
When I first started racing I got an Ellis Stafford replica shell sprayed for my XX4 (By Adam Smith ABS). It was the original design. Then I went to one of the big DMS indoor meets, Ellis was there, with the same shell as me, with a XX4. I felt a little silly.

I should drag the shell out again now that the real one isn't in use.

I also got to race against Juuka Steenari whilst he was at a racemeet at Aylesbury in the warmup for the Euros in the UK. That was fun. I learned a lot about overtaking whilst he lapped me over and over again
Ben i find it hard to pass you so now i understand why.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 19-12-2009

THE LATE AND GREAT PHIL DAVIES
DAVID SPASSHETT
NIGEL HALE
1/12 SCALE BEAT OF THE BEST
Old 19-12-2009

i saw my (and nearly everybody's!) hero craig d at kiddy at my first national in '94. i basically just stood outside his tent all day watching him working on his car!! I consider myself lucky to be good friends with my hero now!!!
Old 19-12-2009
Mad Member

Oh my god Oh my god my hero has just put a post up only joking Neil. But I have to say that out of all the superstars in racing I have seen and met I think that Neil and Paul are both the most naturaly talented and nicest lads in racing some of the top lads need to be told they are racing toy cars the way they act at the track.
Old 20-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to lukehobson

Being a touring guy, my Heros are the likes of Hara, Barry (fabulous) Baker, Josh Cyrul, etc
luckily I've had the chance to meet all these guys and race with them, I remember overtaking Rick Howart down the straight running mod at Vegas.... Not quicker for the rest of the lap though.... Lol.

Out of the UK guys though Neil Cragg for off road and David Spashett in off road, (but IMO Darren Bloomfeild could have been even more successful if he did TC...... A proper natural talent)
Old 20-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Whilst we are on the subject of RC Hero's is there any websites that have pictures of the old race cars?

For example, Jamie Booths Tamiyas, Kevin Moores pred, Hirosakas off roads cars etc??

My hero's as a nipper were;

Hiroska
Spashett
Cragg
Booth
Moore
Kinwald

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 20-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Found this;

http://rc-racing.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=653

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 20-12-2009

We are lucky enough to see a lot of Craig Drescher now he is racing Rallycross (been with him today at Cov!) ... always stops for a chat and has got to be one of the nicest guys out there!

The most impressive thing for me is the fact that there is no 'front' associated (ok I'm sorry!! ) with Craig at all .. if you were new to the sport and didnt know who he was you would never in a million years guess just how much he has achieved .... now thats more impressive to me than all of the titles he has won
Old 20-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to russmini

Mark, you linked to our Forum

You might want to check this Thread out... Especially as a lot of you have mentioned the 93 Worlds...

http://rc-racing.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=661

Russ
Old 20-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

How could I have forgot Craig Drescher! he is such a nice guy, when I worked in Model World as a young lad he came in with the rep Jason and met our customers, we then went slope soaring with a Zagi, he picked it up in about 2 mins!
We then went onto race at Barham, which he won and he let me have a on his TC3, man that thing was fast!

Top bloke!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 20-12-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Well, I won't be very interesting. Yeh I was in Euros in France 1996 as my dad's mechanic and I've seen many top drivers, but I didn't know who are they (sadly) as I was only 7 years old and couldn't speak english at all.

Actually since that I wasn't at any big event abroad until this year.
I've met top austrian drivers in Vienna at Carpetfun (Hupo, Pinisch and others) in February. Then at Czech Grand prix this November I've met David Ehrbar, Toni Rheinard (played one night bowling tournament in his team) and Steen Graversen.
And lastly The Players The Rematch - I must admit I've met almost all people I could only wish (actually almost everyone that attended).
So now only few people from USA, Japan - doubt that I'll ever meet them personally and maybe few drivers from europe - there is chance to meet them at this year's Euros in Austria.

It's great to meet all those people you read about on web sites or you talk to on forum like oOple.
Old 21-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The nice guy thing should never be over looked, these are the people who keep this sport growing.

With that in mind I must add the Cragg's and Yardy's + Matt Dodd and Nathen Ralls to my list. Thanks to all of them for being so helpful to me on me over the years!
Old 22-12-2009

When I first started the guys who impressed me were Matt Needham, Craig D, Dan Marson, Kevin Moore, Ian Kenningley, Ellis Stafford, Phil Sleigh, Richard Barton.....the list could go on, but you always see those name in the magazines and they stick in your mind.

However then came all the new breed the likes of Neil C, Paul Bradby, Simon Moss, Lee Martin and Tom Yardy who are the newer generation of top spec drivers.

Most of the newer breed I had the pleasure of racing with at some point and it is crazy how much you learn by watching their lines and various speeds around the track...