Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 16-03-2012

Default Racing in Brighton and surrounding areas plus which region

Hi guys,

Might be moving to Brighton in the next few months. I race 1/10 electric 2wd and 4wd and was wondering what the club scene is like down there. Willing to drive further afield for club meetings too if I have to so a general idea of the club situation in the area would be cool.

Also I am desperate to get my F license. Been racing against some F1 and F2's this winter but I am currently an F5. My plan was to do a full regional series then next year maybe move up to nationals. I used to race TC nationals years ago. I am however being extremely thick and cant seem to work out which region Brighton falls under so if someone can let me know that would be awesome.

Thank you for reading and any feedback would be greatly received.

Cheers
Old 16-03-2012
Mad Member

I think south east, http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35 for regionals, bit of traveling for ya, also TORCH is on the way to Southampton - but that's in mid south. (Clanfield sometimes run 10th electric ? near Southampton again)
Old 16-03-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Adur is on your doorstep, short course and Buggy's and you might be near South East as a regional basis rather than mid South.

Torch is about an hour from you, as is Surrey and Hants. Eden Park is about 40 mins
Old 16-03-2012
Mad Member

It's not so much where you live as which Region you select to race in, it's down to the individual, some drivers do elect to race in Regions outside of where they live for a variety of reasons, not just mileage!

Geographically Brighton is probably closest to the South East Region venues and we have had drivers from that area compete in the SE Region in previous years. Though as mentioned in earlier replies there would be some mileage involved!

That being said, do hope to see you at Regional events this year, everybodies welcome regardless of Formula all you need is BRCA membership, check out here: http://www.brca.org/?q=content/how/9641
Old 16-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
Clanfield sometimes run 10th electric ?
I don't think this is happening any more, really it's just an 8th track now, TORCH is where the 10th are, nice bunch of guys at TORCH.

As has already been said Adur is your nearest I think, well according to this map, http://www.rcmap.co.uk/ I don't think it gets updated very often though.

Mods - perhaps an oOple MAP on here would be a good idea ?

My paintwork thread
Old 16-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeayen View Post
I don't think this is happening any more, really it's just an 8th track now, TORCH is where the 10th are, nice bunch of guys at TORCH.

As has already been said Adur is your nearest I think, well according to this map, http://www.rcmap.co.uk/ I don't think it gets updated very often though.

Mods - perhaps an oOple MAP on here would be a good idea ?
Thanks, Clanfield had 10th electric a few years ago, and thanks for the map link - not seen that one before, wonder who put it together.

I think an oOple map would be hard to maintain, there are an amazing amount of clubs (and shops) opening, changing and shutting, information has to be spot on or its useless, (see my comment re Clanfield). Central Booking club index is pretty good, but asking on oOple gets the best results.
Old 19-03-2012

cheers for the feedback guys.

Is there no indoor venues? Like i say I am willing to travel within reason for club meetings
Old 19-03-2012

there`s a new indoor track opening soon, maritime raceway off road its a bit of a drive from brighton but will be a top class venue when finished. will be the same sort of track as off road wars last month. check out oople`s report
Old 19-03-2012

Eden park would be your nearest for 1/10th off road racing