Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 10-01-2014

Default How do you clean your buggies?

Loved the look of my buggy a couple of weeks ago when i first bought it all nice clean and shiny. Now after breaking it in its looking a little dirty lol..
So my question is how and what do you use to clean your buggies???
I do blow mine of what a can of air but thats it so far..

TheCar
Alpha Club Racer
Savox
Proline
Old 10-01-2014

Strip scrub regrease rebuild major ball ache but worth it if muddy engine an radio trey out trackside an hose it down and bladder it in gt85 till I get it home to strip it
Liars run for cover the truth is taking over!!!
Old 10-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you don't have time for a full rebuild all the time and have access to a good airline, most rally cars break into main parts from the chassis, normally front end gearboxes complete with wishbones etc, centre diff then rear gearbox with wishbones etc, radio tray,Engine pipe tank all together save pulling pipes off and risking dirt in the system. and chassis, then get busy with the GT85 or WD40 a paint brush, stiff brush, tooth brush and the airline normally get a mint looking car within an hour or so

Normally what I used to do between club racing, but as has been said always pays to do a full rebuild say every third time as it's good to give everything a check over (depending on how often you get to do a full days racing)

One ting I always used to see club racing was people who stripped there car every week 9 times out of 10 ether broke in practice or in the 1st heat normally because they hadn't done something back up then they spent a fortune on screws as they constantly stripped the heads out of them unscrew then screwing them back up with the trusty electric screwdriver

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 13-03-2014

unless its caked, i use a compressor and a brush to get rid of all the major stuff. if ive been runnign in wet weather, spray on some gt85, especially hinges etc, let ti sit, then blow it off with compressor.
for a muddy truck either a strip down, or radio out, spray with muc of or similar, then under tap.
Old 13-03-2014

Put the caps on the engine take the radio tray and get the pressure washer out
Old 13-03-2014
Mad Member

If not to dirty i would compress it of then give it a very good squirt of GT85 leave to soak for 5 mins then re compress it of be careful not to get the GT85 on brake discs as causes less performance when you come to brake;

If really muddy i will bring home take engine and radio tray out spray with muck off or PSR car cleaner leave to soak for a while then put a towel in bottom of the shower cubicle and shower away.Take out then again a good covering with GT85
Old 14-03-2014

Ask my Mrs how I cleaned mine, she came home one day to find engine and electrics on table and said oh you managed to put the dishwasher on, then looked and went mad but it did come out like new, even the body shell
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2