Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 18-11-2013

Default Sanwa Exzes X - How do I get 50/50 throttle

Just switched to a Sanwa Exzes X. Seems like a great radio so far, lots of nice features and great quality.

Not sure I like the 60/40 throttle position though, as I've used 50/50 for the past 20 years on Futaba radios.

How do I change it to 50/50? I had a look at taking the radio apart but even with the case screws removed it seemed reluctant to come apart.
Old 18-11-2013
oOple Advertiser

simple answer is I don't believe you can. I've got one, and I've just also looked through the instruction book and it isn't mentioned anywhere.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 18-11-2013
Mad Member

I think it's explained on page 23 of the manual, throttle point setting. See the link below...

http://media.globalhobby.com/manual/751585.PDF
Old 18-11-2013
oOple Advertiser

don't think thats it. He wants the throttle stick to be in the centre so there's the same movement forward and back.

My old 3VC used to have a ratchet system to move the whole stick backwards and forwards, the Exzes doen't have this function

My feedback
Old 18-11-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Dale, I presume you're talking "mechanically" 50/50??

Officially, it's not possible!! However, like everything else I guess it depends how much you're prepared to do. I think you're looking at some fairly "involved" mechanical mods that I think the vast majority of people ought to keep as far away from as possible - especially as John won't want a load of them being sent back!!

It is relatively easy to get the radio apart - so if you're struggling, then I would guess you've not got all the screws out. I honestly can't remember where they all are, but I have had my radio apart and it's relatively easy.

I'm sure I've seen it posted online somewhere how to make this change - something tells me that I saw it on Tony Evdoka's site, but I could be completely wrong on that - so appologies to Tony if I am! Or it could be that the mod I saw was to make the spring tension even rather than the actual travel even.
Old 18-11-2013
oOple Advertiser

it certainly wouldn't be a mod for the faint hearted!

My feedback
Old 18-11-2013
Mad Member

It's a simple change you just need to move a pin on the throttle stick, I'll do it for you on Sunday Dale it takes about 5 minutes to do.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 18-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
It's a simple change you just need to move a pin on the throttle stick, I'll do it for you on Sunday Dale it takes about 5 minutes to do.
Cheers Brian, can't make it this weekend though unfortunately.

The main issue is getting the case apart, do you have to do anything with the switch panels on the top of the case? They seem to be glued across the case join and I didn't want to force them off.
Old 19-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's not that complicated, just a bit fiddly.

There are little plastic 'stops' under each side of the stick on the inside which you move/remove, they're just screwed in. The steering stick has no limiters on it at all, the throttle has a thin limiter and the brake has a thicker limiter. When I did mine I removed the throttle limiter (so full stick travel) and moved it to the brake (so a little less throw than the throttle).

If you want the throttle and brake to have an equal strength spring feel, that's when you move the pin. Basically look where it is in the steering stick assembly and copy that, it's just a push fit so a decent set of small pliers will be able to pull it out.

To get the case apart after removing all the screws you need to carefully lift the stickers up that go round the buttons/switches on the top, gently heating them can make the adhesive a bit easier to budge.

If you do change the stick travel don't forget to run the calibration, otherwise the extra stick travel will do nothing. I think it's called 'VR Adjust' or something like that on the transmitter, I'd have to check to be sure.
Old 19-11-2013

Great info, thanks Richard, will give that a go.

It was a lot better after I used the ARC function to make the initial braking gentler, but I think if there's more travel available it makes sense to use it.
Old 20-11-2013

Job done, not a difficult task once the stickers were levered up.

I just removed the throttle and brake limiters. The travel is still slightly uneven (as the stick isn't mounted in the centre of the travel), but much closer than before and loads more brake travel, which is what I was really looking for.

Thanks for the tip on the VR Adjust, not sure I'd have stumbled across that one!