Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 19-11-2012

Default Changing Cars X2C vs TC02c

Ive parted company with my X2C and replaced it with a TC02C. The ansmann was about 12months old and getting tired. It was a great car handled well, balanced. Its gone!

Bought a TC02C, set it up the same, alloy bits on, It was awful!! changed lots over the last few meetings and it is getting better but still it is nothing like as good as the X2C was. Only difference now is the bladders are cut.

Can't believe this car which is the same!! is so different. Anybody else found
this?

Keith
Old 19-11-2012

Did the x2c have the alloy bits on aswell?
Some say there are slight differences in the plastics but couldn't see it making that much difference.
The uprated gears are the main differences so shouldn't affect handling.
Old 19-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Can't imagine anyone thinking a tc02c was awful?? Everyone I know who has tried it loves it.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 19-11-2012

As it's pretty much the same car it shouldn't feel any different
One thing well worth checking though is the shock pistons as i have had a pair that are different diameters, only 0.1mm or so difference but enough to make a pair of shocks feel 5 - 10wt away from each other.
Oh and i run with cut bladders and really like the shocks like that so i wouldn't worry about that.

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC
Old 19-11-2012

Mine is awesome. I haven't met anyone who don't like how the tc02c drives
Old 19-11-2012

Yes the X2C had the alloy bits on too. Honest! the two cars are like chalk and cheese!! The other car did everything I wanted, probably the best 2wd i've owned.

Still work in progress I think! Just suprised that at the moment it is so different! It jumps well, good on carpet, understeers! but on the slippy floor parts of tracks can't get any rear grip at all, balance is all wrong!!!

The pistons are the standard ones drilled to 1.4mm.

Hmmm!!
Old 19-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr emily View Post
Yes the X2C had the alloy bits on too. Honest! the two cars are like chalk and cheese!! The other car did everything I wanted, probably the best 2wd i've owned.

Still work in progress I think! Just suprised that at the moment it is so different! It jumps well, good on carpet, understeers! but on the slippy floor parts of tracks can't get any rear grip at all, balance is all wrong!!!

The pistons are the standard ones drilled to 1.4mm.

Hmmm!!
Do you run Sch yellow Minipins? I've had a set that never gave any grip on slippy before, if they've sat around and the rubbers gone hard they just don't work on slippy but will be fine on carpet, it might be worth trying another set just in case.

Like I said check the shock pistons, not the holes but the actual pistons were a different size i had to build them three times before i spotted it, i've also had a set of O rings that swelled up and gave lots of sticktion.

Old 19-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
As it's pretty much the same car it shouldn't feel any different
One thing well worth checking though is the shock pistons as i have had a pair that are different diameters, only 0.1mm or so difference but enough to make a pair of shocks feel 5 - 10wt away from each other.
Oh and i run with cut bladders and really like the shocks like that so i wouldn't worry about that.
Hi

What's the advantage of cut bladders?

Thanks
Old 19-11-2012

Im pretty sure they are the same car!!
The only way you can tell team c vs ansmann is the carbon battery strap.
Old 19-11-2012

The plastics are different and that cause performance to change
Old 20-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmerlin View Post
Hi

What's the advantage of cut bladders?

Thanks
You run with the air and oil mixed, sometimes called an emulsion shock.
It's a subbtle difference but I don't like the rebound effect you tend to get with bladder shocks (where the shaft comes back out on it's own I feel that's the springs job), and find emulsion shocks much easier to build consistently.

Old 20-11-2012

Quote:

So wouldn't be the alloy bits as I first thought.
Sounds like your having similar problems to me with the rear end grip. Have you got the slipper and diff set up nicely. My diffs now fine (i hope) but still struggling to get the slipper working where I want it on the tc02c. My old xPro is perfect however.

Have you done anything different with forward weight? Can't think of much else.
Old 20-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adon30 View Post
So wouldn't be the alloy bits as I first thought.
Sounds like your having similar problems to me with the rear end grip. Have you got the slipper and diff set up nicely. My diffs now fine (i hope) but still struggling to get the slipper working where I want it on the tc02c. My old xPro is perfect however.

Have you done anything different with forward weight? Can't think of much else.
Yeah I have found the slipper clutch between the cars is slightly different, I believe it is where the slipper plates sit on the layshaft is slightly further away from the gearbox on the mid car than it is on the rear car. Probably because of the extra spacer needed on the mid car to stop the slipper plates hitting the motor mount. I reckon its not very much, fraction of a MM but it does mean that the slipper on the mid car tightens quicker than that on the rear car.

Of course I could be talking absolute crap

Mr Emily I reckon because your car is new, needs to bed it self in again to feel like your old one. I reckon the slop that had formed in your old car might of helped generate grip.

I take it that nothing is binding and the suspension is all moving freely, and the diff is working correctly? Not too tight? not too loose?

Slipper set-up is majorly important on slippy surfaces to me, it was at the oople race on dirt. Having that set right for the slippy section will probably help it through there, and also check the diff is doing its thing It might because it is new it is actually overtight because everything hasn't bed in yet particularily the diff spring or transversley that might not have fully compressed and is causing your diff to slip when it has been tightened up as far it can go. I would have thought if it was slipping though you would have noticed it on the carpet sections though.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 20-11-2012

That's the one bit I would love to see slightly improved on the car. The slipper pads, spring and diff spring. It does the job but if improved it would make it ßo much easier for everyone. If you look at the car that won the German championship it had an AE gear diff and AE slipper (I think). I'm currently trying the AE slipper pads and spur in mine but set it wrong on the one run I had Sunday and still had to tighten it right up to nearly solid. Has to be down to the spring(?) but I'll check again this week.
Old 21-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adon30 View Post
That's the one bit I would love to see slightly improved on the car. The slipper pads, spring and diff spring. It does the job but if improved it would make it ßo much easier for everyone. If you look at the car that won the German championship it had an AE gear diff and AE slipper (I think). I'm currently trying the AE slipper pads and spur in mine but set it wrong on the one run I had Sunday and still had to tighten it right up to nearly solid. Has to be down to the spring(?) but I'll check again this week.
This looks handy...

http://forum.teamcracing.net/forum.p...thread&tid=528

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 21-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Is the rear motor and mid motor slipper system the same?

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 21-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
Very interesting..... Still waiting to hear if the AE Vts slipper has been fitted as thats a nice piece of kit as well.
Come on Team C get the slipper sorted!!

That one looks good let me know if there's any news. Can't see the mid fit being an issue. Only difference between them is the extra spacer on the shaft (for the mid) and that prototype looks like there is plenty of thread left on the shaft so should copy across. They are also using a nut without the flange. One question to ask is what spring is being used??
Old 22-11-2012

The X2c and TC02c use exactly the same plastics!

I keep hearing this over the forums, Team C better quality etc. rubbish. The cars are identical. The Team C comes with the kevlar spur and an uprated idler, that's where the differences end.

I think the confusion comes from the Mad Rat having less carbon content in it's plastic when it was first released. The Ansmann pro cars have always used the same plastics as the Team C kits. Even the more recent 'rat' kits use the same plastics as the pro cars.

I reckon your TC02c needs loosening up, it will improve when it develops some slop
Old 29-11-2012

Anybody got a picture of tco2c rear suspension using plastic hub carriers, without wheel on??

Basically i'm after knowing which way round the hubs should be, one marked left , does it go on the left side!!, what effect would having plastic upstand, the bit the the ballstud screws into at the front or rear would have, The hub are 0 degrees?

keith
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Anybody got a picture of tco2c rear suspension using plastic hub carriers, without wheel on??

Basically i'm after knowing which way round the hubs should be, one marked left , does it go on the left side!!, what effect would having plastic upstand, the bit the the ballstud screws into at the front or rear would have, The hub are 0 degrees?

keith
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...d=42&Itemid=86

Looking at the picture from the conversion kit manual if you look at the car from the front you should see the lettering on the hubs facing towards you. And L is on the left. R is on the right and the ball studs are facing backwards. They are quite a central hub it shouldn't make much difference if you get them on the wrong way round, but it might cock up driveshaft angle a bit which can sometimes loose the car grip.

Standard plastic hubs I am pretty sure are 0 degrees. I am pretty sure the only thing you would notice having the ballstud on the front instead of the back would give it quite an acute angle. But this shouldn't affect the handling of the car as long as the movement through the whole range is free and not binding.

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles