Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 20-02-2011
Banned

Default I've done the deed!

Well thanks guys! for all your help!

I have just got hold of a B4 with a box of spares etc... its got a brushed setup but i sounds like the ESC is dead which is not really an issue as i wanted to go brushless anyway.

so now the question(S) are...

What ESC/Motor would be best?
What Battery would be best. (And how many do you guys normally have on a race day?)

So i guess i will see you all Sunday! (look out for the guy wondering around like a lost sheep!)
Old 20-02-2011

well done mate, I know how you feel. I put more thought into my car than I did my house!!!
Old 20-02-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
well done mate, I know how you feel. I put more thought into my car than I did my house!!!
HAHA! its been on my mind all weekend!
I picked the B4 up cheap il put more money into a decent set of electrics
then in a few months i can grab a better car like the Cougar of the Durango.

But it will do me for getting into it!
Old 20-02-2011

a well sorted b4 would be a match for those 2 without the cost
Old 20-02-2011
Banned

What sort of spec brushless/lipo system do you think would be competitive?
Old 20-02-2011

Good choice on the B4. You will find it to be reliable, affordable and also competitive. There are also lots of others racing B4's at Bury, so plenty of advice, set-up tips and also spare parts should you need!!! I would however recommend that you get the following spares at some point as a front end crash is likely:-

Front wishbones (Front A Arms Part # 9578 £5.89 a pair)
Front shock tower (Part # 9568 £4.29)
Front shock shafts (depends on model fitted).

Once you have found your feet, you might want to upgrade the shocks to the V2 model (if not already fitted) as these will enable greater adjustment to the ride height to suit the track.

I have raced using a 3200 mAh Lipos in a B4 which I found were affordable and OK for my needs. Lipos are an investment as they last for ages, so be guided by the other more experienced drivers on here.

Enjoy
Old 20-02-2011
Gypsy Member

Fusion exceed systems are great reliable and cheap the 6.5 is fast and smooth and costs about 110 it's what I run and it don't let me down. Fried a pole on motor sent it back with esc and got a brand new boxed set within two weeks. So the warrentys good if you need it
The 10.5 system should be good for the 2wd as well and that esc has an advance timing system that makes it faster
Ask Si
If you want Brca legal .and you don't need to be for club racing or regionals only nationals. And you want top notch quality Lrp are mint speed passion are good
And if you want cheap ezerun are ok but you'll be waiting ages for it and they are unsensored
I would reccomenned buying from a shop better warranty back up and service
Rossendale models , je spares , roundabout toys are all good and have experienced racers working there .
Hope this helps
Old 20-02-2011
Banned

As for the lipos, is there any make better than the next?

What about motors and ESC's? i've never bought brushless before so its a slight grey area?
Old 20-02-2011

Hi Matt I am just getting back into racing after doing it in the 80s/90s the lads at bury have really helped me I was blown away when I raced for the first time the cars are so much quicker the advice i was given on lipos is the first bit like 4200 3600 etc is like the size of the tank and the 20c 30c etc is the size of the engine 50c are more powerfull than 20c etc the best advice I can give from what I have picked up already is get the best quility stuff you can afford on the electric side otherwise you will just end up buying it again when you get better hope this helps you should only need two lipo packs I am running 3600 and 4200 30c trackpower lipos which are more than good enough I would look at getting a lrp 10.5t or any other named brand one same gos with the esc they seem to be better than the ezrun stuff from hongkong I bought a ezrun for our spare car and just do's not perform as well
Old 20-02-2011
Banned

I think before i take the plunge on the electrics il come down and have a chat with you guys on sunday!
Old 20-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bod View Post
Once you have found your feet, you might want to upgrade the shocks to the V2 model (if not already fitted) as these will enable greater adjustment to the ride height to suit the track.
V2 shocks won't give you any more adjustment than the old shocks, but are better to build.