Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 29-08-2011

Default Just got my X6 Sq

Hey fellas,

I just got my X6 Sq that I had been waiting on for quite a while (USPS being very slow), and I gotta say it's a great kit.

I was considering selling it and pre-ordering the new DEX210 but figured I would atleast try it out and am glad I did.

Just had my first race meet with it on sunday and it went pretty good, we have only been going at it since March and I have a lot to improve on but I can tell already that it is a great kit.

I race on a mixed surface of hard/dusty rock, gravel, loamy dirt and a whole lotta bumps and ruts/potholes (no jumps, well there is one, on the main straight but it doesn't get used).
So it's safe to say that traction levels are all over the place.

And I have to say, I do not understand why people claim that mid motor cars are useless on low bite surfaces.
I have plenty of grip and a lot of steering, the only thing it could need more of is a little side bite as when I back off and turn the rear wants to step out nearly all the time.
I could do with a little more mid corner/on power steering aswell but it's manageable.

I reckon if I was running mod motor, I would easily be able to wheelie down the straight.

Old 29-08-2011

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

Hey Shimmy - thanks for giving our car a try, and welcome to the family! I really appreciate reading posts like yours as it makes me feel good about what we're doing and the product we're making.

If you could write up your basic set-up (what camber links, shock settings, weight placement, etc) I could perhaps help with the small side-bite issue.
Old 30-08-2011

Thanks for the reply, and it's good to be part of the family.

I have uploaded the setup sheep that I just filled out.

I have changed a couple of things since I last ran it, I need to go test it again.

I changed the rear inner camber links to the inside (was on the outside).
1 thin white shim under the toe block (for 3 degrees of anti squat?)
springs and shock oil, the rear was harder and the front lighter, the rear is now a little softer while the front is a little harder.

I have almost complete kyosho and Shumacher springs for my Kyosho Velvet shocks.

I know the shock oil may seem a little odd, using heavier in the rear but being such a bumpy track, I decided to drill out the rear pistons to 1.5mm to reduce the pack thinking it would help keep the tyres on the track.
The rebound is good but the compression sucks, it always bottoms out using the softer springs/lighter oil, so I may change back to the 3x1.2mm 3A pistons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg x6.jpg (237.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 31-08-2011
oOple Journalist

Thumbs up new x6 owner

Good to see another convert ey...nice to see a great photo of the track you are running on as well and the fact your are finding success with the old mid guts on loose/dirt ...always good to see new owners enjoying this great platform ...as Paul said, it would be interesting to see what starting set-up you are running...oh...I'll have a look at your set-up sheet I'm so blind sometimes

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776

Last edited by styleone; 31-08-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added comment and details
Old 02-09-2011

You could try to change the front inline axles to trailing put the servo forward and try the 2hole piston in front shocks with 35 oil
Rear arm position and hub position all way front and for anti-squat try one big and one small washer
Mid-Motor cars need different braking style from rear motor cars
You must use more the brakes on straight and not inside the turn and try less EPA for brakes than usually did on rear motor car
Old 02-09-2011

Default X6 squared

I agree with Nic, the driving style is different to the rear motor buggy. I always run extra weight especially under the ESC and also to each side of the centre line under the lipo. The ride heights you were quoting on the setup sheet look a little low. Cannot comment on the shocks as I run Losi but generally higher weight in the front than the rear, 35wt & 30wt normal. In general my X6 weighs in heavier than my Cat SX.

Hope some of the above has been of help.