Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 23-04-2013

You didnt even turn up and still slateing the venue!. I bust my balls as did other members putting this event on do you realy think we all wouldnt want a permenant track where we just turn up and race ???

Please dont use offensive language. Youths use this forum also!

Last edited by PaulRotheram; 23-04-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

Deleted quote.

I did not slate the venue if you can read my posts. It was my opinion towards grass tracks, in reply to Spencers post.

Last edited by PaulRotheram; 23-04-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

I am in agreement with Mike regarding the rostrum thing being covered, everybody is aloud there own opinion. People parking cars behind you when you are trying to race was a bit off putting. We are not slating the people who ran the Barrow meeting one bit they tried there best but the venue was not up to regional level in MY OPINION.

Oh and I hate grass tracks
Old 23-04-2013

Ok let's put a lid on this now. You all know Luke and Josh- if a12 and 8 yo can cope with the conditions and enjoy the day so can you!"
Come on guys, we need more clubs to host meetings. Cut the negatives - offer encouragement. Please continue Barrow.
Old 23-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitman Ed View Post
Ok let's put a lid on this now. You all know Luke and Josh- if a12 and 8 yo can cope with the conditions and enjoy the day so can you!"
Come on guys, we need more clubs to host meetings. Cut the negatives - offer encouragement. Please continue Barrow.

if it wasn't for barrow and south lakes it would of only been southport and bury last year.
Old 23-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I quite agree.

I'm not really looking forwards to running our regional round myself.

The way drivers in this region have reacted to the clubs - first the fuss with LDA when they had a round and now this, plus I've heard moans about Stoke being a nitro track etc is frankly ridiculous.

Its a wonder anyone is willing to put on a round at all.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 23-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart slmcc View Post
You didnt even turn up and still slateing the venue!. I bust my balls as did other members putting this event on do you realy think we all wouldnt want a permenant track where we just turn up and race ???
I think your efforts really showed and payed off Stuart.

Heat list in advance, drivers correctly ordered according to F-grade - booking in and practice was a breeze as a result.

I think its also very worthy to mention that the Barrow guys volunteer marshalled the duration of the practice session... which is a nice touch and was very much appreciated.

Another real positive... Burger van and ladies/gents toilets onsite.

PA system was loud and clear.

With regards rostrum.... it was solid and sturdy and the fence made a good guard rail.... I'd much prefer to stand on something like that than a bit of wobbly old scaffold.

I think its also worth noting that Barrow and South Lakes guys account for a decent portion of NW BRCA members and contestants of the regional series. The regional series is run for BRCA members by local BRCA affiliated clubs. Talk of running only permanent tracks and/or only astro sounds nice but it just wouldn't be representative of our region and its racers.

Was there room for improvement... of course. However if the weather had been more favourable then I think there would of been much better feedback.

What would I be critical of... cars starting pretty much on top of the loop becuase of no clearly defined start line, however plenty of well experienced drivers in attendance who should of known how to line up thier cars properly .
Old 24-04-2013

Thanks dan w and the rest that enjoyed there day . We gave it our best and will do the same anytime we hold a meeting .Plans are in place for next year already to make it better but as for the weather i cant do much about that . The offers there from me if anyone doing race control needs a hand just let me no only happy to help as ive been there as well .
Old 24-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitman Ed View Post
Well said pitman ed.