Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 21-01-2012
YORCC legend

Default Rules

This is something that's been discussed for a couple of weeks and was mentioned at this week's committee meeting:

I've drafted up some racing rules, similar to the ones I linked to a few weeks ago from another club. I'll bring them along tonight but thought I'd flag them up.

Also, it's important to stress that no-one's trying to be a killjoy or like Blakey the Inspector from On the Buses (showing my age). I don't even own a clipboard.

These just clarify a few things that have been talked about a fair bit over recent weeks: marshalling, passing lapped cars etc etc. If they're up on the wall for all to see then hopefully we'll all be happier (that's the plan anyway).

Right, off to polish my peaked cap and wax my pencil moustache.

"I'll have you Butler....." http://www.t0ester.co.uk/otb/blakey.html

Last edited by farmboy; 21-01-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: my spelling
Old 22-01-2012

Completely agree with these; only point I would suggest we need to apply some sensible discretion over is the rule regarding losing best lap time if not in martialling position by the start of the next race.

I don't think we should put gaps in to delay heats - Like everyone else, I want to get as much driving in as possible - but we do need to recognise that sometimes they flow so quickly so that even if you're the most dedicated person in the world, by the time you get off the podium wade through the next round of drivers coming in, take your car back to your pit, disconnect the battery and leg it back again, the count-down for the next race is often underway.

If you're doing your best to get back and we need to hold the start by a few seconds or you get to your position as the lap is starting; maybe a slapped wrist... If you're clearly slacking... then absolutely agree; bring on blakey!

Well.. that's my two-pennies worth...
Old 22-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Turning up late then treading on my car should also be punished by releasing the dogs with the bees in their mouths!
Old 22-01-2012

Yeah; special case. Obviously turning up late should not warrant legging it up the middle of the track - common sense should be employed to get to your position...

Besides; where would we find Bees on a Saturday night?
Old 22-01-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I added the loosing best time to Jerry (Farmboy)'s post. It has been a long standing rule at the club, just we've not really used it much.
The computer runs on auto most of the evening usually, with a gap of 2mins between the last car finishing (or timing out) and the next race starting. This is plenty of time in my opinion.

I wasn't there last night, but from what I've heard (which is alot) then some people need to reconsider their attitudes!
Old 22-01-2012
YORCC legend

The thing with rules is, there's always some flexibility in how they're implemented but if it's down in print then at least everyone can see it.

The core things that are a very common grumble at the moment are shabby marshalling (strolling over to a car like you're out on a Sunday walk with the dog) and rear-ending (as it were). Go round me not over me!!

But this is good: 99% of club members feel like this. At least now we are talking about it. And not a clipboard or peaked cap in sight.
Old 22-01-2012

Missed last night but assume it wasn't the best? Hope all's back to normal next week.

Don't have a problem with the Marshall Rule - just making a comment... The rules are all sensible and are basically there to make sure we all have a good night. 100% support from me...

In the meantime, I'll just need to grease the zimmer and get faster at getting back to the pit then over to my marshall position!