Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 09-01-2013

Default Anyone go to 10electric?

I'm looking to go to cullingworth if it still runs before a Batley meet next weekend. Does anyone go and know details? Went to Worksop last weekend and was a bit hardcore for a novice (but I'm addicted so need to try a smaller club meet)
Old 09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claspers View Post
I'm looking to go to cullingworth if it still runs before a Batley meet next weekend. Does anyone go and know details? Went to Worksop last weekend and was a bit hardcore for a novice (but I'm addicted so need to try a smaller club meet)
I go, along with quite a few others that race at Batley... No meeting this week but it's on next Friday... http://www.10electric.co.uk/
Old 09-01-2013

I go along with my son , we are both novices and really enjoy cullingworth , give it a try I'm sure you will like it
Old 09-01-2013

good club,good racing and some quick racers like mr wilkinson.tight and twisty, good racing whatever level you are at novice,to A finalist at batley,go enjoy,you will be back
Old 09-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've been going most of 2012, and really enjoyed it. it's good family friendly racing, and has drivers of all levels. The rubber floor is quite slippy at first, but the grip comes up after the first round of racing, and it really helps develop driving skills for larger tracks like Batley and Worksop.
Next meeting is Friday 18th, so see you there!
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-01-2013

Brilliant. Thanks all. Will definitely go. Advice then..worth bringing a table? Mini pins advised? I'm running a dex210 (brushless) my mate has a mad rat but has never raced so he's looking forward to trying it out. How many go?
Old 09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claspers View Post
Brilliant. Thanks all. Will definitely go. Advice then..worth bringing a table? Mini pins advised? I'm running a dex210 (brushless) my mate has a mad rat but has never raced so he's looking forward to trying it out. How many go?
You don't need a table or chair, electric is available. Schumacher yellow mini pins or spikes work well. At the last meeting there were 28 drivers I believe.
Old 09-01-2013

No table needed , already there , spikes and rear motor on your 210
Old 09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
You don't need a table or chair, electric is available. Schumacher yellow mini pins or spikes work well. At the last meeting there were 28 drivers I believe.
No James it was 27 and me
Old 09-01-2013

Lol
Old 10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post
No table needed , already there , spikes and rear motor on your 210
210 MM4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
210 MM4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried mm4 to start with and I struggled a lot my sons 210 rtr seemed so much easier to drive so I have set my car the same as his and I find it easier to drive , I only have 4 race meetings under my belt though , so is it easier for a novice to use in rear motor ?
Old 10-01-2013

Tbh I'm gonna stick with mm4. Don't fancy the wiggly tail in the hands of a newbie! Too much potential for big spins for my skill level spoke with nori today. Looking forward to it!
Old 11-01-2013

Default claspers

hi claspers are you the one that was pitting at worksop next to me and my mate with the xb4's you and your brother getting your rango dialled in
Old 11-01-2013

Wink

It's a good laugh at cullingworth Nori, James and the boys are all really helpful. I first went there when I started racing and always enjoyed it. It is small and tight but it will help with your lines. P.s. don't forget to take some extra money for a pizza from the takeaway!
Old 16-01-2013
Mad Member

28 racers last time! Nice, I'm coming back this week. Be nice to see everybody Will I need to pit outside then?
Old 16-01-2013

Speaking with Nori last night, apparently there have been quite a few new guys getting in touch. We could be getting 30+ at the next meeting!

Obviously we are all used to getting in plenty of Rounds at Cullingworth, but with the higher numbers its going to have to be kept fast flowing... Everyone needs to get booked in quickly and get out on the track as soon as its their heat, then out to marshal straight away. That way we can still get loads of racing in. It may be the case that its best to stick the computer on automatic with say a 2 minuet gap between races.

Nori has managed to dig out some extra transponders and I've got him another charging rack, so hopefully every one will be able to keep their transponder until the finals.
Old 16-01-2013
Mad Member

Quality, maybe time to start looking for a bigger venue then? Have you been struggling with room for pitting?
Old 16-01-2013

No problems with pitting... there is the stage, both side rooms, kitchen and office. I haven't seen anyone struggling yet.

I think Nori is happy with the club as it stands and where it is. We get a really good deal with the hall, it could be scary times if we moved to a larger venue and the numbers dropped down during the summer months. As we are now we have fun, cheap racing. Nori likes to keep the costs as low as possible, too low I think sometimes!

Even though the club is small the standards of driving are getting better and better, loads of people have improved, especially the youngsters and my reign at the top is sometimes a little shaky! Mr Paton is well and truly on my case now! I think that the small hall really does help to improve your driving and helps when you go to the big tracks like Batley.
Old 16-01-2013
masala

Default 10electric

It is important that anyone attending together with family members or friends respond yes and also indicate numbers. The club can then determine if their are enough people to run the meeting.
Volunteers are requested to arrive early about 6:15 and help with track setup.
N.B. track building is a priority & we cannot race until completed, so remember don’t get in the way of those helping build the track.