Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 30-12-2010
Administrator

Default DEX210 prototype shots

The upcoming DEX210 buggy from Team Durango is getting ever closer to production and whilst the early prototypes were running at the European Championships earlier this year - photos weren't allowed.

Finally with more details of the production cars just around the corner we've been given the 'nod' that we can publish the sneaky shots of the inside of the early proto's.

Click the image above ^ or click: http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/spyshots/dex210euros

Last edited by jimmy; 30-12-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 30-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Love the double front bulkhead idea !!! lol Would love to see a full durango mockup though without the AE frontend . Little teaser to take away sales from Losi
Old 30-12-2010

Nice clear shots. Love those shiny CVD's.
Old 30-12-2010

Wonder if Hupo is going to run it at the upcoming Reedy Race of Champions here in the U.S. in January.
Old 30-12-2010
Mad Member

I gotta get me one of these the day it is released! I love 2WD buggies and the same applies to the DEX410 I have - So I guess it makes it right to the top of my wanted list - except for becoming owner of a TRF211X that is!
Old 31-12-2010

The car looks awsome !! Very nice machined as always ! The "gearbox" looks cool and i want one of those shock towers for my asso, too!
But Iīm a little disapointed Iīd have expected more than a car which looks way to much like a hopped up asso^^ .
Some pics of the mid motor version could convince me of the opposite.
I like the idea of the dex 410 and i belive you could "translate" this idea on a 2wd but i canīt see the idea in this prototype .
I hope theyīll show us some pics of the mid motor car!!!

cheers guys

PS: and please donīt be too mad at me

TLR 22 "1.0"
Old 31-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

You'd hope that Hupo will be running this at the Petit in a couple of weeks time?

Will be interesting to see if he's running it rear or mid

Can't see this hindering the sales of the Losi 22 as it's bound to be in a different price bracket and from the pictures there doesn't seem to be much in the way of development from the last pictures we saw months ago
Old 31-12-2010
Banned

thats a nice looking 2wd!
Old 31-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Can't see this hindering the sales of the Losi 22 as it's bound to be in a different price bracket and from the pictures there doesn't seem to be much in the way of development from the last pictures we saw months ago
Weren't the Austrian Euros a few months ago? (Durango left a report in their news section about it on the 15th of September).

Anyway, a few months back I already contacted Durango about the developments on the DEX210. They said that their focus would be pointed to the release of the DNX408, which is understandeable I guess: It's their second car essentially (as the DEX410, 410R and DESC10R are made on the same basic chassis structure), and having two cars in developments only costs huge amounts of money, whereas having one in an earlier stage of development and the other one in production means there is a bigger cashflow to fund developments

@Till: As for the sort of lack of inventive features you mentioned - I think it's important to realise that the DEX410 was in development since 1999 - I doubt the DEX210 is. And there are actually (albeit earlier) pictures of the mid-motor setup (Link).

I am just very curious to see if they will keep the carbon chassis plate, and whether the gearbox and sidepods will stay in aluminum or will be made of reinforced plastic (aka how many changes in material they will make). I am sure it will catch the Team Durango spirit when it comes to engineering quality and tolerances - but I hope they again don't save costs on materials or production methods like they seem to have done on the DEX410
Old 31-12-2010
Mad Member

11 years in development!
Old 31-12-2010

Remember, this is a teaser and prototype only. Do not think The final product is going to look anything like that. Proabably going to be very much similar to the 22 in design but with that special Durango touch.
Old 31-12-2010
oOple Contributor

Old 31-12-2010
Mad Member

Some nice machining not sure about the motor guard or lack of it then again only a proto so maybe changed

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 31-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

looks like to different rear ends they are testing

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 31-12-2010

Videos of testing on the website http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=2055

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 31-12-2010
Mad Member

The car in the video looks and sounds more like the DEX410 !?
Old 01-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
looks like to different rear ends they are testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
Some nice machining not sure about the motor guard or lack of it then again only a proto so maybe changed
Are your concerns with the lack of motor guard due to the material, or the fact that not nearly it's entire surface is protected from impacts?

The first of the two is something I think Durango will solve anyway. I like to think about these engineering decisions, and doing that, I think the final version of the motor guard will be in plastic, whereas the actual frame will remain in aluminum. I also think that they will seperate the gearbox frame from the wing stays so that they can be made in plastic and screwed onto the gearbox frame (This seems already to be the case with the wing stays on the version that also has the 'double' guard).

Besides those changes in material on the rear, this I think will also happen on the front end: The top frame of the RC10B4 will be made from aluminum. I have no clue if they will put the front kick-up in the chassis plate, but it would fit right into the 'no technological compromises' policy of the DEX410

PS: If looks are anything to go by, I would choose for the 'double' guard look by the way, and for the square-ish wing stay fitted on the same car.
Old 01-01-2011
Mad Member

i just dont get all the excitment about this car its just a b4 with ally bits but will probably cost twice as much
Old 01-01-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
i just dont get all the excitment about this car its just a b4 with ally bits but will probably cost twice as much
yup, they have just made a sexy b4
Old 01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
(This seems already to be the case with the wing stays on the version that also has the 'double' guard).

If you look closely, this rear end has what looks like an eccentric motor mount, you can see a nylon looking insert around the motor - a bit of a hybrid between the XX4 Eccentric clamp and the Cat SX band clamp arrangement - with a Durango twist.. I don't think it's a double guard.

The other rear end appears to have a more conventional motor mount - simply slotted.