Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 07-06-2012

best of luck lads, I wont be making it (or any of the other nationals by the looks of things) due to work.

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 07-06-2012

Same here, cant make Saturday. Hope the weather clears!
Old 07-06-2012

Forecast looks a bit better for Saturday......hopefully!
So who is heading up?
Old 09-06-2012

Great days racing in Ballymena today
Old 09-06-2012
Mad Member

What was the results Ray?
Old 09-06-2012

Mark Penny 2wd
Mick Bolger 4wd
Last two 4wd finals Were great....went down to the last corner between Mick and Aaron
Old 09-06-2012
Mad Member

Team Associated cleaned up then, what about yourself, Will and Derek?
Old 09-06-2012

Not too sure about 2wd results for the lads, was marshalling a busy spot that had me a nervious wreck afterwards lol ....and I left quickly at the end.
I know Derek had an unlucky day in 4wd, retired from every heat with electric gremlins. Will drove the wheels (literally at times ha ha) off the Durango for 1st/ 3rd/ 3rd in 4wd.
Sadly there was only 2 of us in 2wd clubman, I was first but felt a fairly hollow victory....we both wished we had more people to compete against
Really enjoyed the track though...fantastic venue.
Old 10-06-2012
Mad Member

Really enjoyed the national at NIMCC. Weather stayed dry! Track was bumpy and technical - very enjoyable! Well done to Mark and Mick on their wins.
Old 10-06-2012
Mad Member

Official Membership List
Written by RCCAOI Secretary
Last Updated Tuesday, 20 March 2012 20:30

1 Colin Whelan
2 Derek McCloskey
3 William White
4 David Home
5 Jonathan Dunn
6 Stephen Hill
7 Lee McGuire
8 Wayne McGuire
9 Denis Farrell
10 Andrew Rennick
11 John Dungan
12 Nigel Dungan
13 Conor Reilly
14 Mick Bolger
15 Dave Bolger
16 Tony Kavanagh
17 Karl Rankin
18 Raymond power
19 Mark Penney
20 Ross McCullough
21 Keith Harris
22 Aaran Yeates
23 Kevin White
24 Ivan Thompson
25 Alan Thompson
26 Niall Cromie
27 Micheal O Leary
28 Ian Hunter
29 Aaron Vance

10 drivers out of all these names turned up yesterday, I know I wasn't there myself, due to the fact I now race 1/8e. In fact this was the main reason I gave up on 1/10 buggys, no support. Where was everyone yesterday??? I feel so sorry for the guys who go to the trouble of organising these events, only to have 10 or even less drivers turn up.
Old 10-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
10 drivers out of all these names turned up yesterday, I know I wasn't there myself, due to the fact I now race 1/8e. In fact this was the main reason I gave up on 1/10 buggys, no support. Where was everyone yesterday??? I feel so sorry for the guys who go to the trouble of organising these events, only to have 10 or even less drivers turn up.
So you didn't support a section with 10 racers to join a section which only had 2 racers at round 1?

No need to feel sorry David, the organisers expected a smaller crowd than round 1 and are now looking forward to a rebolstered field at round 3 in Navan.

Best of luck with your 1/8e - hopefully enough drivers enter the class to allow it to have its own heat and final.
Old 10-06-2012
Mad Member

I'm not having a pop here Will so don't take my comments the wrong way. I'm just stating the facts. Today there was 42 drivers in the 1/8 racing at Aghalee. We run alongside the nitros for now, so there is always full heats and 12 car finals. Stephen Hill made the A final and Jonny Dunn made the B final as did I after winning the C final. I know I've made the right choice for me. When we have enough 1/8e numbers we will have our own heats and finals. Which I don't think will be too far away given the ever increasing numbers. It's just so sad to see the decline in the 1/10 numbers after last year, sometimes you've just got to go with the flow and that seems to be with the 1/8. I will see you next week if your coming up for the BRCA round at Ballymena.
Old 11-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Official Membership List
Written by RCCAOI Secretary
Last Updated Tuesday, 20 March 2012 20:30

1 Colin Whelan
2 Derek McCloskey
3 William White
4 David Home O
5 Jonathan Dunn
6 Stephen Hill
7 Lee McGuire
8 Wayne McGuire
9 Denis Farrell
10 Andrew Rennick
11 John Dungan
12 Nigel Dungan
13 Conor Reilly
14 Mick Bolger
15 Dave Bolger
16 Tony Kavanagh
17 Karl Rankin
18 Raymond power
19 Mark Penney
20 Ross McCullough
21 Keith Harris
22 Aaran Yeates
23 Kevin White
24 Ivan Thompson
25 Alan Thompson
26 Niall Cromie
27 Micheal O Leary
28 Ian Hunter
29 Aaron Vance

I'm in Aruba, would have gone otherwise. Btw this is the perfect place for a track, never rains and 32 degrees all year round!
Old 11-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian h View Post
I'm in Aruba, would have gone otherwise. Btw this is the perfect place for a track, never rains and 32 degrees all year round!
Build it and they will come
Old 12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian h View Post
Alright Ian

Sounds like loads of hard work getting a new venue I'm in key west next week I'll let you's know what its like for a venue
Old 14-06-2012

".... the organisers expected a smaller crowd than round 1 and are now looking forward to a rebolstered field at round 3 in Navan....."

Self delusion is a terrible thing. The 1/10 scene has been allowed to die a death from the high of when we used to travel down to the Naul. We had 42 cars and a fantastic days racing at track in the middle of nowhere and the DMCC can't even muster a proper track to race on
Old 14-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meangombine View Post
".... the organisers expected a smaller crowd than round 1 and are now looking forward to a rebolstered field at round 3 in Navan....."

Self delusion is a terrible thing. The 1/10 scene has been allowed to die a death from the high of when we used to travel down to the Naul. We had 42 cars and a fantastic days racing at track in the middle of nowhere and the DMCC can't even muster a proper track to race on

Bit harsh Meangombine after all the DMCC are the club who provided the venue in the Naul for you and the other lads to come race in. Not there fault that the owner had other plans for the site which lead to the club having to leave that site and revert back to its original venue in the Lucan. Unlike many of the other clubs who have their tracks on private land which allows for permanent facilities and development work to be carried out on the tracks. The Lucan grounds they are on are council land and this in turn limits the potential development of the track.

By all means Meangombine if you can fine a similar venue that is suitable to race at which could bring everyone togather for racing, i am sure the DMCC Committee would be happy to hear your ideas.

I do agree it is a shame that more people from the original day did not travel to round 2 for what ever reason. But i would hope that at round 3 we could see a larger turn out to make the effort which was put in to securing alternative tracks to race on for the 1:10 National worth the effort both too the National organizers and to the Clubs who have given there time to prep tracks etc.. to facilitate the class at their venue.
Old 15-06-2012

Well said colin
I wonder who it is .First post and ananomous ??
You should try Lucan ,good close racing the last few weeks .Its your loss.
Old 15-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
Well said colin
I wonder who it is .First post and ananomous ??
You should try Lucan ,good close racing the last few weeks .Its your loss.
I agree with Colin about it being a shame, but I also feel more could have been done when the comittee found out they were losing the Naul. I remember a good few of us were willing to stump up £2000 each to help fund a new place. Yes Ivan, Lucan is good and close but no one will travel 2hrs for a grass/dirt track when there is one 30 mins away, namely Aghalee. I tavelled down a couple of times last year to Griffeen, but I can't justify it this year. I also feel the support from some of the Southern drivers is a bit of a joke too, apart from Will, Colin and Derek, who else has supported any of our tracks up here on a regular basis like the Nothern drivers did when they travelled South? It works both ways Ivan.
Old 15-06-2012

Quote:
I agree with Colin about it being a shame, but I also feel more could have been done when the comittee found out they were losing the Naul. I remember a good few of us were willing to stump up £2000 each to help fund a new place. Yes Ivan, Lucan is good and close but no one will travel 2hrs for a grass/dirt track when there is one 30 mins away, namely Aghalee. I tavelled down a couple of times last year to Griffeen, but I can't justify it this year. I also feel the support from some of the Southern drivers is a bit of a joke too, apart from Will, Colin and Derek, who else has supported any of our tracks up here on a regular basis like the Nothern drivers did when they travelled South? It works both ways Ivan.