Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 23-08-2010

Default points

when will the points be updated?
Old 23-08-2010

Talking

When Scott has worked out a formula so that he still gets a trophy!
Old 24-08-2010

LOL very funny!!

I should have the points up either tonight or tomorrow. Been busy in the evenings these past few weeks...
Old 12-10-2010

I didn't know where to put this so and didn't think it worthy of a new thread so I hope it'll be alright here.

I just wanted clarification on how the point are calculated for those who don’t run in the finals.

For example, last Friday Chris H had car issues and had to leave but still put in a time which would have put him in the B final. Had he stayed and put a half broken car on the line and only done one lap, he would have still scored more points that he has received.

Is it the case that if you don’t run in the final, you still score points but are automatically positioned at the bottom?
Old 21-10-2010

Maz

You've raised an interesting point. Officially, as Chris confirmed he was not to race in the final I removed him from the final listings on the computer and the software in fact didn't give him any points at all. I felt that the least he should get some points so I over ruled the software and manually awarded the points as shown on the Championship Leader board. However, you have a good point, if he had of started on the grid and even pulled off before completing 1 lap, the computer would have registered his place in the final listings as you mentioned above.

I welcome your input, always nice to know that club members are interested that we are fair and correct and that we are happy to amend if we have made a mistake or error. In this case I feel that even though Chris didn't start on the grid, the fairest thing to do in this situation is amend the points which I have now uploaded to the live site. I hope that this clears up any issue raised and we'll ensure this approach is followed through for all other similar situations that may occur in the future.

Thanks again Maz, always checking everything we do
Old 22-10-2010

I'm glad its cleared up now.

I was in a slightly similar situation in the last championship where I crashed out in the first round and had to leave due to a broken car. my qualifying time wouldn't have put me in a particularly high final or anything but I scored the equivalent points to being last in the bottom final. This pulled my average down due to me only being able to attend 2 other championship meetings in the last series hence my moving down a class.

Had I scored 0 points for the meeting my average would have been high enough as the 0 wouldn't have counted and my other 2 meetings weren't too bad. I'm not asking for corrections from previous championships or to move classes (I've embraced where I am and enjoying the challenge as you know Scott)

Thanks again for the clarification on this one. looking forward to tonight for some more good racing.

Another small suggestion from me whilst I'm at it:

Is it worth fixing the number of cars which can qualify into each final dependant on the total number of competitors racing that day? Being clear on how many can make the A,B or C finals would give people a definate target to aim for.

At the last round I was suprised to see only a 3 car A final for example. It must have been a shame for whoever qualified 4th to think that they have made the A final to only be announced that they are in the B final due to the number of cars in the A being reduced more than usual.

For example, could we have something like

10 cars, 5xA 5xB
11 cars, 4xA 4xB 3xC
12 cars, 4xA 4xB 4XC
13 cars, 5xA 4xB 4xC
14 cars, 5xA 5xB 4xC
15 cars, 5xA 5xB 5xC
etc.

Of course the numbers need to be adjusted for each class we run as each car size has a different number of cars which is suitable for the track.

What do you think to something like this? it'd be interesting to hear everyones thoughts on it. I was gong to bring it up at AGM, but I might as well mention it now.
Old 01-11-2010

Just a quick one for the mighty leader,

When do you expect that you'll have the result from the last round up? I've been looking to do some analysis on the finals times ever since the race.
Old 01-11-2010

I've been busy last week but should have them up later tonight or the early morning!
Old 01-11-2010

Here we go, results live on the site...

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/championship-r2-221010.php