Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 17-04-2012
Mad Member

Default oOple National 1/10th series?

As mentioned by Jimmy in his awesome Stotfold National report...

how many non-BRCA National entrants would be keen for a National series for us lower ranked drivers... maybe used as a stepping stone and back up to the existing Nationals?

personally i'd love to do BRCA Nationals but can admit that i'll never be talented enough to fluke F1 status... so atm entry to the existing Nationals is nigh on impossible with the Stats quoted in Stotfold report!

So a second series for say F3,F4,F5's?

I would say run on same dates obviously at different venues?

discuss.....
Old 17-04-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Agree 100% mate, probably have to drop the end of year F3,f4,f5 finals as there wouldnt be much point in them.
Old 17-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

count me in

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 17-04-2012

i think this needs a poll started, i for one would definitely want to race this series.
Old 17-04-2012

I'm up for something like this!
Old 17-04-2012

There are only so many weekends in a year though, to arrange the BRCA national series, your regional series and an oople series would mean every weekend is taken up.

The regional series is meant to be the feeder to the national one and with a series open to lesser drivers, there are still going to be disapointments. If most F3's entered the oople one leaving little space for us F4 and F5's so we would just be shifting the problem.

Also, we go racing for the social side, I wonder how many of us have mates who are just at the same license grade?
Old 17-04-2012
Mad Member

Great idea id take part

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 17-04-2012
Banned

It will be like the Invernational all year round!!
Old 17-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

I see this as where a gap was left from the now defunct RRCi series.....
Old 17-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Correct
Old 17-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatJohnson View Post
There are only so many weekends in a year though, to arrange the BRCA national series, your regional series and an oople series would mean every weekend is taken up.

The regional series is meant to be the feeder to the national one and with a series open to lesser drivers, there are still going to be disapointments. If most F3's entered the oople one leaving little space for us F4 and F5's so we would just be shifting the problem.

Also, we go racing for the social side, I wonder how many of us have mates who are just at the same license grade?
But if the oOple series was on the same day as nationals then that still leaves space for regionals and/or clubbies with the added bonus of knowing that no national drivers will be entered (unlike regionals where they can still race)
Old 17-04-2012
Mad Member

We would be more than willing to run such an event at our new grass track.

I actually thought that due to the popularity of 1/10 off road we need another series for the people who can not get into Nationals.
Old 17-04-2012
Administrator

I think running an event on the same day - not to compete but to give space for all those who can't attend. The BRCA officials say the nationals are for the best drivers - and more people are going to be doing regionals this year in hope of getting a place (Elliott Boots, for example) so it's going to get ever more crowded.
I struggled to get an entry myself last year - there was no chance at all this year.
Old 17-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I remember doing some of the RRCi series many years ago.

That series used to be open to all. But if run the same weekend as a national then the majority of top 1/10th buggy drivers would not be in attendance. But would still be open for entries from good touring/ 1/8th/ 1/12th etc drivers who don't happen to have an F1/F2 buggy license this year. However that is not a bad thing.
Old 17-04-2012

How about incorporating a vintage national series in too as a sort of side show? Just a thought
Old 17-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've often thought that something to fill the void the RRCi series left would be very popular .... the killer is who could organise / run such a thing? All the usual suspects are tied up with the multitude of other things they do already!
Old 17-04-2012

Great idea, the f3,4,5 mortals Nationals

Old 17-04-2012

i think some people might need explaining what the F-rating is exactly.

Im not totally sure how it works myself.
Old 17-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s22jgs View Post
i think some people might need explaining what the F-rating is exactly.

Im not totally sure how it works myself.

Read on

Quote:
21. LICENCE GRADES
The BRCA 1/10th Off Road Section will award driver licence grades as detailed below.
N.B. Where any percentage calculation results in a fraction, then the result will be rounded-up to the next whole number.

21.1 Demotion by a maximum of one grade is automatic if the driver has failed to re-qualify for the same or higher licence grade in the current year. Drivers that have achieved a ‘top fifteen’ place in the Off-Road National Championship Series since 1994 will not be demoted lower than F3.

21.2 Grades gained from the National Championships will take priority over grades from the Regional Championships.

21.3 Licence grades are calculated using the championship positions at the end of the National and Regional Series each year. All demotions and promotions will be effective from the 1st January of the following year and are maintained throughout that year. (e.g. a driver qualifying for an F2 licence from results in 2005 will be awarded that grade on 1st January 2006 and will remain an F2 for the whole of 2006).

21.4.1 From the NATIONAL SERIES:-
F1 and F2 licence grades will be allocated on a percentage basis as follows:- the number of drivers that score points for the minimum number of events for the National Series (ie. 4 from 6 events) will be used as the base figure.

FORMULA 1 – The top 33% of the base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F1 drivers, (2WD or 4WD separately).

FORMULA 2 – The next 17% of the base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F2 drivers, (2WD or 4WD separately). The licence grade for these drivers will be known as F2N, but for seeding purposes is considered equal to
Regional F2 Grades.

21.4.2 From the REGIONAL SERIES:-
All competitors that enter an event(s) that count towards a Regional Championship, will be awarded a licence grade based on their overall position for that Championship (2WD or 4WD separately).
Regional formulae will be allocated on a percentage basis as follows:- the number of drivers that score points for the minimum number of events for a Region’s particular Series (ie. 3 from 5 events) will be used as the base figure. Any drivers included in this base figure, that have gained their licence from the National Series of the current year (F1, F2 and demoted F1) will be subtracted from the base figure to give an adjusted base figure on which the calculations will be based. It follows that Regional licence grades can only be established when the results of the National Championship are finalised.

FORMULA 2 - The top 20% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F2 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)

FORMULA 3 - The next 30% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F3 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)

FORMULA 4 - The next 30% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F4 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)

FORMULA 5 - The final 20% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F5 drivers (2WD and 4WD).

21.4.3 Within BRCA CLUBS:-
FORMULA 5- This licence grade may be awarded to any competent driver at the discretion of the club officials.
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 17-04-2012
Mad Member

I think another series would be a good idea, but to throw another idea out there, back in the late 90's early 2000's, there was talk about "Northern" and "Southern" National series, then the top however many chaps from each meet up US style to see who is the full National Champ.

The thing about that idea that I like, is would possibly cut down on the travel, depending on how the country is split.