Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
This forum exists because racechat wasn't everything we needed
in hindsight i think the lack of any true BRCA members forum for serious racers to ask questions about racing, rules or to openly discuss rule changes (not that it does any good when you do ask, all you get told is "you should of been at the AGM to discuss it" & your post gets deleted) or the fact there wasn't a centre stage for members to get answers or find out information from the people who were actually racing at club level rather than the governing body level was probably what lead to Racechats success. Other forums tend to rely more on the fun & social side of RC where racechat has more focus on keeping things serious for which the site has to be applauded, however sometimes people take it too serious.

However now with the new BRCA website being launched & a more interactive website from the BRCA coming along i do feel that Racechat's days are probably numbered as the BRCA site will become the hub instead, which is probably why Rob wants to sell it because he has taken it as far as he can.

All i can say is i wish Rob well in what he does next & hope he finds a buyer who has the insight to take the site forwards (perhaps the BRCA would be the best buyers for it), keep it serious but not turn it into a dictatorship or so the site becomes some sort of fascist regime.
Old 08-06-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
This forum exists because racechat wasn't everything we needed - I'd have happily only ever used racechat but it changed and a lot of us moved over to doughtyuk.net.
I'd have happily stayed on doughty! but I needed to create a forum because doughty was a sponsor-focused forum for CD's sponsors and I'd just done a review of the Lazer ZX5 and had nowhere to start talking about this stuff with respect to CD's loose rules. Still - doughty was the place until it got hacked.

I'm a big fan of racechat and what rob's built. Whilst I might not have chosen to go the same route with some things, it still remains that rcracechat was a big help to me back in 2002/3 and I've some good memories of it. I'd love to run it and make it bigger and better than ever in its own right.....

So - the original core of members on here all come from rcracechat, and there is your answer as to the fascination. I'm fascinated!
Jimmy you would do a good job.

Re the brca site, I really do hope it gets allot better and faster than other is now.
Old 08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
i did consider it but dont think im the person to move it on, i have too many fans
I just read this fell on the floor pmsl , calmed down , collected my thoughts , got back in the chair , took 2 heart tablets then had a moment to get my breath back

Thanks Mark you just made my day with that

xray nt1 - xray t3 011 - xray t3 - xray 009 - xray 008 x 2 - Hpi R40 Hara - 3 Racing F1-09
Old 08-06-2011
Mad Member

Mad Wolfie and Jimmy, thank you for the well-reasoned and detailed replies. That explains a lot, especially why so many people on here are so obsessed by one site!

And as for MarkC-for-RaceChat-owner, that gets my vote. Mind you, I'd probably get banned for spelling correctly and constructing a proper sentence!!
Old 08-06-2011
Mad Member

And as for MarkC-for-RaceChat-owner, that gets my vote. Mind you, I'd probably get banned for spelling correctly and constructing a proper sentence!! [/QUOTE]

LMFAO Love this

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 09-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Woo hoo etc. The BRCA Micro Section might actually be allowed to post on RC then..yay etc.

I know the 12th circuit section use it alot though, its certainly full to the rafters with good info about 1/12th circuit.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups