Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 04-07-2009

Default xxcr parts needed!

Hi all,

Im after a couple of parts for my xx-cr.
  • Im after a clear spu/pinion cover (not the black one)
  • Spur gears (various sizes)
Ive looked at horizon, ebay, amain and a few others without luck.

Also have a couple of questions
  1. Do the Front and Rear wheels from the newer xxx buggies mate up to the older xx cars?
  2. Can the newer threaded shocks on the xxx buggies be fitted to the older xx cars?
Cheers
Brent
Old 04-07-2009
oOple Advertiser

Hi Brent,

We still have some pretty good levels of XX spares in stock (not all listed on our website)

We "should" have a gear cover, definately got most of the spur gears still.

XXX wheels will "fit" but you get clearance issues, the font wheel is wider so it fouls on the hub, the rear wheel with its extra width also hits the highest hole on the original XX rear hubs but you may get away with it on "CR" hubs.

XXX threaded shocks are all the same dimensions in bore etc, the front shocks are also the same in length but the rears from a XXX (0.9/1.0) will be shorter than those used on a XX (1.2/1.2) - the two numbers in brackets are the shock shaft and shock body lengths.

If you need help with XX bits either look at our website or call the shop somtime in the week

Darren
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 04-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent J View Post
Hi all,

Im after a couple of parts for my xx-cr.
  • Im after a clear spu/pinion cover (not the black one)
  • Spur gears (various sizes)
Ive looked at horizon, ebay, amain and a few others without luck.

Also have a couple of questions
  1. Do the Front and Rear wheels from the newer xxx buggies mate up to the older xx cars?
  2. Can the newer threaded shocks on the xxx buggies be fitted to the older xx cars?
Cheers
Brent
Hi yea the shocks are the same sizes, tbh though the price you'll pay for a set of threaded Losi shocks will be more than a complete XX-CR! They're not cheap even second hand and that's if you can find them.
I might have a spare spur kicking around somewhere I'll have a dig through the cupboard when I've got a spare 5 minutes

Last edited by Losi_110; 04-07-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: I'm Stupid lol
Old 05-07-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Running a LRP X11 7.5, Tekin RS Pro with hotwire, Spektrum RX, Savox servo. I run both 3300 NIMHS (GP) and LIPOs. Rude Tony is hopefully doing a brass battery holder to bring the weight back.

Just order from DMS and here and you'll get enough bits. I've managed to get enough to build a 2nd car.. Hardest part to get is a gear cover (yet to find one)... Got about 4 / 5 hydra drives too (didn't want that many, but included with other bits. Spur gears I ordered from DMS. Have you got a list of part numbers as it makes searching so much easier?

Going to order a XXCR shell and get it sprayed up in Aston Martin Gulf Colours and black wheels. Just trying to find a Kinwald X-Celerator shell

You don't need threaded shocks, I'm the standard shocks, which rock.

I've got a fair few bits and pieces from DMS.

It ran fantastic today & if I do a regional I'll run it... B4 has taken a back burner for the mo.