Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-08-2014

Default Pinion/spur mesh

Hi all,
How do you guys set the mesh of the pinion to spur? I've always used a slip of paper in between, push the motor pinion up and tightened but I 'think' I'm not doing something right here.

I set it with the standard spur gear in there (brand new 48dp 23t pinion) removed the paper and it looked good, but when I push the buggy slowly along the floor it sounds loud and rough! (Not sure I should be pushing along the floor so please tell me if I shouldn't) So, then I stripped the slipper and built it back up with a brand new rw racing spur, set the mesh and the noise is exactly the same.

I haven't had chance to run the motor as I'm waiting on some new cable to connect it all up with but if I turn the pinion with my fingers there is no noise

Is this normal?

Thanks

Just to add its a speed passion v3 6.5t and I've just pulled this from the archive:

I think the clicking noise is the little bit of play between the spur and pinion. As you turn the motor it reaches a point and then quickly jumps a little, when it does that little jump it slaps the pinion against the tooth on the spur.

This does sound like my problem as when I push it a little faster the noise disappears, something called notching?

Last edited by Nickwillyhams; 19-08-2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: More info