Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 14-07-2010

It's pretty close to both the D4 and the Yokomo B-max all three are fairly similar. Wouldn't be surprised if there are other cars close too, Team C generally make them right smack in the middle of everything else that works but I doubt many/any parts swap without some grinding
Old 14-07-2010

Wont have mine till August/Sept ..still it's something to look forward too

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 14-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
Wont have mine till August/Sept ..still it's something to look forward too

J
omg m8 thats a bit of a wait

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 17-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

chris56's X4 pro with new paint job

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Old 17-07-2010

looks great with that paintjob
Old 18-07-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by positronic View Post
looks great with that paintjob
Cheers mate, paint job courtesy of Blitzboy
Old 20-07-2010

are the ansmann X4 pro kits availible in australia yet? love the look of them i may have to get one
Old 20-07-2010

I have seen them in Australia here

http://teamtwisterhobbies.com/produc...bdd1648b0b6231

Mines almost on the way from Rcmart in Hong Kong, I don't know if hes going to stock them in the shop but he is getting one for me. I'm not sure if he got the prices mixed up but the TRO4 PRO (TR04 being stick pack version with pro shocks) was $20 more than the TC04 and TR04 RTR, I think more likely the TR04 RTR was $20 more than the TR04 pro and TC04. I any case all three of them were a good deal.

I'm getting the TC04 anyway, does the TC04 come with tyres? I don't even know . I'm going to get it right from the start this time and order a full set of hex head screws before it arrives if I can find a manual before then
Old 20-07-2010

No tires in the kit. Usually a good idea. I think both versions have the pro shocks..? Unless you mean the big bores?
Tell rcmart to carry as much as possible!
Old 16-08-2010

A few questions.

Earlier in the thread it was said that it was possible to fit a stick pack of X4-Pro. Do they fit on the width?

Is it just the chassis that differ on the TR04 Pro from TC04 and X4-Pro? Is that the same spare parts except the chassis?
Old 16-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
A few questions.

Earlier in the thread it was said that it was possible to fit a stick pack of X4-Pro. Do they fit on the width?

Is it just the chassis that differ on the TR04 Pro from TC04 and X4-Pro? Is that the same spare parts except the chassis?
the X4-pro takes saddle packs whilst the blizzard takes sticks width ways but there nothing stopping you use a blizzard chassis on a x4-pro although that is an extra £18 on top but still cheaper than buying saddles if you dont have any...

Old 16-08-2010

The TR04-Pro is more expensive than the TC04, I'm not sure why, maybe it comes with the big bores?. The normal TR04 is the budget kit and there's a few different parts on that compared to the TC04, arms etc (usual stuff).

But I haven't seen a parts list for the TR04-pro so I'm not sure what is in it, I only know that I asked for the prices for all 3 and the TR04-pro was more expensive. To convert a TC04 to stick pack you need these parts

TR4001 (chassis)
TR4019 (battery holder kit)
Old 17-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
If you have a Dremel to hand you should be able to modify the pro chassis to take a stick pack without difficulty - it has a bulkhead running down the centre of the chassis to give it rigidity. you just need to cut away a small section and a lipo stick should fit sideways, under the prop shaft.

Here's a picture FYI
Thank you for the answers.

What was written previously was under Posts 114th.

The answer to my question about the stick pack fit into the X4 Pro chassis with some modification, is probably also in post 114th.
It is good to read properly before you ask a pointless question. Sorry for that!

Is there anyone who has tried this with a stick pack Lipo?

Regards Thomas
Old 17-08-2010

I'll just use saddle packs, for the time to cut the chassis and mess around with it. It would be cheaper to just buy the parts
Old 18-08-2010

Send a message via AIM to rob martin

What size intellect lipo u running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
Here they are as promised

Viper~~B-FAST~PGXGraphics~Nankinhobby~Trick-Parts~Speedzone Batteries.
Old 18-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think he is using 4200's which were off ebay

Old 11-11-2010

Default Ansmann Blizzard and X4

Hello everybody,
I am new in this forum. First I would like to apologize for my mistakes. I am not a native English speaker, but I hope you can unterstand what I say .

Since a few weeks I am an owner of the Ansmann Blizzard and honestly for several reasons I would not buy it again and choose the X4, also known as the tc04. Everybody who wants to have a good (durable) buggy with lipo stick packs- should buy the x4 pro and drill the chassis or take the chassis of the blizzard. Some of you may think that there cannot be such a big difference between these two versions, but there is:

it hasn't got a slipper AND there is something not straight or not well produced, maybe it is the center shaft of the blizzard or the spur gear mount is not properly centered (the whole is not 100% in the middle). The result is: it is nearly impossible to set the gear mesh properly- if you let rotate the spur gear, then there is a point where the distance between the Spur gear and the pinion is too big and then to small. I have rebuilt the whole center unit two times to check if it was my mistake, but it's always the same.

Another thing is the quality of the chassis. The plastic seems to be good, but some parts (the upper deck) are not well made, they don't fit well into each other. If you look from the bird's eye perspective the front upper deck goes some milimeters to the left, so you have to use some force to straigthen it and to connect it to the motor mount. It is not a big problem, but even my old AE B3 and T3 and my E- Firestorm, even my Tt-01 don't have this.

The front shocks are totally useless!!! They come preassembled, that's good, but they are SOOOO leaky!!!! When you compress the damper, you can see how the oil runs out. I took some old AE O- rings to solve the problem. Now it' s ok.

The biggest problem is that the center outdrives (I mean the connection between the spur gear, the dogbones and the diffs, I don't talk about not the diff outdrives) are made of (cheap) plastic. The result: I use a GM (Graupner) Dr. Speed Brushless Motor (450 Watt) with a 2s Lipo and the rear outdrive melted not even after 5 minutes!!!! I bought a second one and istalled it and it happened again! Unfortunatelly an option version made of steel does not exist for the rear center outdrive, so if you want to keep this buggy you have to buy the expensive center cvd's and through away the steel center dogbones!! I do not understand why they made them of plastic. I called Ansmann in Germany and the support did not have any proper solution except buying the expensive cvd's. OK, if you buy it from Hong Kong it costs 34 Dollar (in Germany it costs nearly 60$, IMO they are sick!) . What makes me really angry is the fact that I cannot use the dogbones which seem to be strong.

In my opinion it is not good for a company when you offer a entry car, that could be very good, but do not run even 5 minutes and you HAVE to upgrade. The worst thing is, that upgrading (CVD'S Shocks and Slipper unit) costs more than a x4 Pro. Beginners loose the fun because of avoidable mistakes made by the producer.

Concerning the handling I had really much fun in the 5 minutes. It is very neutral with only a slight oversteer, simply very fast!!! OK, I hope that my impressions of this car will help some of you to make the right decision.
Old 24-11-2010

Send a message via MSN to area52 Send a message via Skype™ to area52

Some more pictures and information about the X4 Team Edition.