Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 24-07-2009
Mad Member

Default FORCC Open meeting 9th August

Please see www.forcc.co.uk for details.

This is not meant to be in any way a big event - just a chance to blat round a playing field and show off what we do to the general public.

Open to all BRCA members - running 2wd or 4wd electric buggies.

And most importantly the whole event (not just our presence) is for an extremely worthwhile cause.

PM me if you need more details / directions as it's not at the usual club site where the regionals have been held.

Gates open at 8.30am and we intend to have the first race on the line at 10am when the show opens to the public.

Regards,
Dave.
Old 24-07-2009

I think 10th ep trucks and sc10s etc should be ok too. The more racing the better .
Old 31-07-2009
Mad Member

TTT, the next big thing in the SE

For those of us that are considering attending (and to emphasis that this is open to ALL BRCA members) could I ask for either an event website, directions or an address (with postcode)?

Without wanting to swamp this event and turn it into something it is not supposed to be, for those of you not attending the Euro's this is the only outdoor, scheduled 1:10 off-road (Non-Regional) event in the South East until the last Regional of the series at WKRCC on 23 August.

So lets try and support the club, the event and the very good cause that they are promoting
Old 31-07-2009

Default Location

Map:
http://vle.abbey.kent.sch.uk/index.phtml?d=77719

Address:
The Abbey School
London Road (A2)
Faversham
Kent
ME13 8RZ

If anyone from outside the club is planning to come along, perhaps you could send Dave (Hog) or Alan (Tractor Boy) a PM just to let us know. Don't send one to me cause I won't get it until after the event . Sunny Cornwall becons .

See you there,
Jon.

Old 02-08-2009
Mad Member

Just wanted to give this event a bump again as it's only a week away.

So far we have around 30 drivers - I'm sure with no clashes on the regional calendar we can raise that figure if the word is spread.

The whole event - which includes Classic and American car displays, boot fair, funfair and other attractions as well as the FORCC racing display is really for a superb cause. No-one can fail to have heard of the number of fatalaties and casualties recently from our Armed Forces fighting far away from home. This is our opportunity not only to promote our hobby, but to do something, no matter how small, as a little thank you and put some £'s in the coffers for the guys and girls getting injured in the line of duty.

Please - if you've got no plans on Sunday 9th August and are not too far away from Faversham - please come and support the event either by racing with us or even just turning up and watching.

Let's all do our bit eh?
Old 03-08-2009

im in im in im in lol got my dates mixed up so see you guys sunday lol
trakpower
Old 03-08-2009
Mad Member

looking forward to it hope the weather is ok
Old 09-08-2009

Thanks to all for supporting the event today. The weather was perfect and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Not to mention the money raised for a very good cause and the opportunity to promote the sport itself.

Also a very big thanks to all who helped today, it was very much appreciated and, especilly Steve's commentary all day. Very informative for the people watching and a good laugh too.

We have already been booked for next year 8.8.2010 so hope to see you all there next year.
Old 10-08-2009
Mad Member

Aaah shucks guys! Thanks just trying to do my bit

Fantastic effort by ALL involved, both club and those drivers, families and friends that attended.
Personally have to admit that the event was a little surprsing, much, much BIGGER than I can have possibly imagined, something for everybody, what with the massive collection of hugely diverse cars on show, large boot fair and even stuff for the very small people
And as for that hot rod we found.....insane!

We'll have to bear this date in mind when were deciding next years calendar, well worth taking it into consideration an hugely enjoyable day, fantastic weather, interesting surface (the couple of times I had a go at it!), good crowds and lots of interest.
Almost recovered my voice (apologies if it was too repetitive but that's what you have to do at events like that!) think the generator may take a little longer to recover, it ever

Oh and I did find one critic.....the wasp that stung me on the inside of my lip, at the end of the day, having fallen into my can of drink
Old 10-08-2009

Just echoing what's been said already really, but that was a top day out on Sunday. I think everybody pitched in in one form or another and that's the way it should be at an event like that so thank you everybody .

Big thanks of course also go to MC Stevie B for his sterling work on the Mic all day . Well done that man...

INSANIT anyone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (94.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Back.jpg (87.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg side.jpg (90.6 KB, 17 views)

Old 10-08-2009

very good day big well done to every one and i think weve found a replacement for dc mc when hes not around lol.even if he did rip me all day lol
trakpower
Old 10-08-2009

That car was the mutts! But why have a pic of Alan on the back
Old 11-08-2009
Mad Member

Yeah well done Steve on the Mic all day long.

How are the toes by the way?
Old 11-08-2009
Mad Member

Surprisingly they are all still there despite your best efforts Dave

Thanks for all the kind comments, very much appreciated
I'll never be able to replace MCDC (on so many fronts!) but then I don't think anybody could

Just to say, once again, well done to all involved, here's hoping we see some benefits whether it be new drivers and/or greater exposure to the wider community.
A couple of things to consider for next year: Ensuring that the local press know all about the event, I didn't see any Sunday but I would have thought they'd have been there, maybe they just concentrated on the classics. And maybe a carefully placed, bigger jump of two, no criticism of what we had (another Crewie special me thinks) but the ill imformed public and especially the younger spectators love to see airtime and crashes

Thanks again for one of the years 'special' days!
Old 12-08-2009

Hello Chaps,

We've had a call from Ian who organised and ran the show on Sunday. He sends his thanks to everybody that took part at the show. He would also like to thank everybody for their generous contributions to the Help for Heroes charity. We (The FORCC & guests) raised £141 on the day and the event itself has so far raised in excess of £7500 (and rising ).

So once again thank you all and here's to a bigger and better event next year

Cheers,
Jon.