Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 06-11-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Ironically not very mute....

If you read what I posted above I did say that if you looked at the servo back it was very similiar visually..
Since it is only from the servo forward that is mainly "B4" on teh X-Factory car visually your comment seems to carry no weight...

Oh, I've got it now - as long as they only copy HALF the car it's OK.

And the words "moot" and "mute" are entirely different.

So how's the Guiness working for ya today?
Old 06-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Don't understand what you mean there fella.

I run an X6, I'm no team driver and I pay full price for all my kit, from uk dealers too. I bought my Ellis edition X6 from DMS who post frequently on this forum.

I'm just interested how much the car will cost, as at the end of the day it's a big factor in deciding which cars I buy. Personally if it's a lot cheaper, I'd be very tempted.
Andy, I think what he meant was, what were fellow X-Factory drivers, paying customers and the poeple behind the company etc thinking about the alleged "copy" rather than people who dont own one just adding their thoughts about the copy, its quality or if its good or bad etc. The thread has started to become a "is copying good or not" thread, rather than "what do X owners/racers etc think about this model"....

To be honest, if you have an Ellis X6 already, I doubt very much a cheap copy would appeal to you (no matter how cheap) if you are used to the higher quality parts etc.

To answer your earlier question, Team C do not have a UK distributor, their items will enter this country eventually under the Ansmann banner (a la Mad Rat etc), expect much the same.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 06-11-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Looking at it, they have used the suspension off the X-pro and have remade the rear gearbox to make it mid motor and I think has taken the option of it being saddle packs and stick packs to.

Yes, it looks like an X-6, but really if you are making a moulded tub with a servo in one place and a motor in another, there is going to be some similarity.

Stupid thread IMHO.
Old 06-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrob View Post
Oh, I've got it now - as long as they only copy HALF the car it's OK.
Might need to do your home work more Rob, pay attention please

They have NOT copied that end of the car - the front (that end is copied from an RB5 like their previous car - as DCM has said above)

DCM , agreed another thread that will just go in circles with mixed opinions and no real point
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 06-11-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Might need to do your home work more Rob, pay attention please

They have NOT copied that end of the car - the front (that end is copied from an RB5 like their previous car - as DCM has said above)

DCM , agreed another thread that will just go in circles with mixed opinions and no real point
Then do please pay attention..............

Soooooooooooooo, like I said, "the whole discussion is moot."
Old 06-11-2010

Hey, I guess if we both shit brown shit.... whose copying who?

In the end, mostly, the person who is going to buy one of these new isn't going to buy an Ellis kit, they may choose to buy it over a used X6 kit though. Mostly, you get what you pay for (the key word is MOSTLY).
Old 06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Don't understand what you mean there fella.

I run an X6, I'm no team driver and I pay full price for all my kit, from uk dealers too. I bought my Ellis edition X6 from DMS who post frequently on this forum.

I'm just interested how much the car will cost, as at the end of the day it's a big factor in deciding which cars I buy. Personally if it's a lot cheaper, I'd be very tempted.

No No thats fine but i just don't whant the guys to stars arguing on price i just want to now what there felling is on the very close ressemblance of the two cars.

Den.
Old 06-11-2010

The front geometry is different, rear geometry, weight distribution...... so the only resemblance is visual...
Old 09-11-2010

Yea first they copy Kyosho(its a cheap RB5 copy) now X factory even down to the battery brace!
same as the 4wd its a yokomo clone!!!!(but with diffs that last one race meeting!!!)
its good to see them adopting x factorys mid motor !
but this is why i think losi and our companys dont get into making new models(off road) as all the money spent on R&D only to have a poor mans version come out and take sales away from them!!!
looks good but i think the plastics are not as good and i think changing the rear camber link will be hard!!!!
still looks good!!!

how long will it take them to bring out a BK motor brace for it!!!! as the plastics they use it will flex a lot!
one of our club members is a team driver so will see it i hope this weekend if he gets it ill put up some pics !!!
Old 09-11-2010

but on some tracks flex is good, on our dirt track I'd take my G10 mid motor PSI losi over a AC CR2 as its far less rigid and will have more weight transfer, ever car has its strenghts, some are better on high grip, others on low grip, thats why there is so much variety, the one guy with a TQ sx10 does pretty well against the X6's, it all comes down to
1. driver
2. tires
3. car
in that order.
Old 09-11-2010
Mad Member

Junky, you have the order exactly right. I'll go further:

50% driver
25% tires
25% car

That's the reason we try to make X-Cars as easy to drive as possible -- for the typical driver, a well set up easy to drive car makes him faster. And, for the typical driver, an easy to drive car is more fun at the track.

Perfect day for most guys, including me, is go to the track, car is dialed, nothing breaks all day, I do good (for me) and have a ton of fun. Go home to wife happy.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
Junky, you have the order exactly right. I'll go further:

50% driver
25% tires
25% car

That's the reason we try to make X-Cars as easy to drive as possible -- for the typical driver, a well set up easy to drive car makes him faster. And, for the typical driver, an easy to drive car is more fun at the track.

Perfect day for most guys, including me, is go to the track, car is dialed, nothing breaks all day, I do good (for me) and have a ton of fun. Go home to wife happy.
Yes Chazz, this is exactly what happened to me this season! I switched from a B4 to an X6 which is more suitable to my driving style...And guess what? I managed to get my first club race victories thanks to XF!
Old 09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
Amen!! That's what racing is all about.

Can we just let this rest? Obviously, there are only so many ways to build an RC car. The XFactory vehicles work well so they are bound to be copied at some time. What can't they copy? The great company that makes them and the family that races them. No one else has that.

X-Factory SCX-60 - Keep On Truckin'
Old 09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyDad View Post
Amen!! That's what racing is all about.

Can we just let this rest? Obviously, there are only so many ways to build an RC car. The XFactory vehicles work well so they are bound to be copied at some time. What can't they copy? The great company that makes them and the family that races them. No one else has that.
Yep i think that covers pretty much everything and i think that the last post were right on the money thanks guys for your openion

Regards

Den.

Loves is X and that the car
Old 10-11-2010

Well when you guys get online you'll see that the TC02 into TC02C conversion kit is finally out and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have sold all 30 kits in stock by tomorrow. I love the Team C cars the 2wd has been constantly upgraded since it came out and is now pretty much as strong or stronger than any other 2wd buggy, they are certainly made from VERY stiff carbon, the car as a whole is absolutely miles stiffer than any non factory team B4.

I love Associated cars too and have at least 5 of them and xfactory and kyosho and pretty much anything RC. But right now I'm into budget go fast. I'm not really into bashing one company or another or saying someone copied someone else because evolution is all about taking one idea and changing it slightly, sometimes it works better than the last sometimes not. Mid motored conversions have been around since the original RC10 days so everyones "'copied"" someone. But again the original Team C car when you compare it to a B4 or even the RB5 is quite different in person.

This car may or may not end up to be as good as the X6 but the standard car can be stupidly fast in the right hands and a match for the B4 (once you get a decent diff in it) so time will tell. I think everyone should be excited for all the young kids that are driving madrats at your local clubs will finally be able to get a clear body and a custom paint job and a mid motor conversion to go with it. Maybe they will love the way mid motored cars drive so much that one day when they get older and have more money they will buy a B4 and a Xfactory conversion? it's all good news for the hobby so everyone should peace out and relax lol surely I'm making a very sensible point here?

Here's a picture of the kit if anyone want's to see it as it is finished, it's $55 USD retail but would be much cheaper than that through a big HK based shop.

Old 10-11-2010

LOOKS GREAT!

looks as thou u can shim up/down the gear box!!!
Mmmmmm very nice
Old 10-11-2010

In car design, it does happen that various designers have different ideas and methods, but still all end up designing very similar products which can look like copies.
An example: there aren't many ways to mould a chassis. All (injection-)moulded chassis will always look similar. It's just the way the tooling and the process works.
Another example: there aren't many ways to attach a shock to a control arm ... .. that work.

Also, whenever someone has a great idea for a design and thinks "Why hasn't anyone ever thought of this before?", there's a 95% chance that someone HAS though of it before, and either couldn't get it to work in the real world, or it was expensive or impossible to manufacture. For every new feature that's out there, 20 other designs/ideas have seen the bottom of the waste bin.

That being said, I do think 'Team C' stands for Team CopyCat :-)
Old 11-11-2010

Team c is just the name for the racing division of Hobbypro, they are a big company that have been making buggys for ages. As far as I know the 10th scale division is run and drawn up by a group of guys that are into buggy racing. If I was lucky enough to have the software skill and factory to back it up like those guys do I'd be making a best of both worlds buggy too, no doubt about it.

I find it interesting the way they operate Team C because they average 2.5-3 months from the first CAD to complete buggy in the box in the shop. But they don't seem to do any testing. I guess if you follow certain design rules with 10th scale buggys it's unlikely you will make a bad one, the Tamiya 2wd is almost more B4 than a B4 itself and it works well (obviously it was going to). The Team C is quite a bit more unique than that but it did work well straight up, but what they do is use all the customers as beta testers and it's like the whole world are factory team drivers. They read oople and know what breaks, the distributors like Ansmann and TQ tell them what's breaking often and has a flaw and really within a few weeks the parts are upgraded. They don't even tell anyone the part is changed, it's just running production change.

On the original TC02 when it first come out HEAPS of parts were super lightweight in fact the whole car was miles lighter than is should have been and you have to run lots of weight in them to reach legal weight. A few parts had flaws so over the first 6 months there were changes to lot of things, the latest parts and complete kits are just really really strong, to the untrained eye the parts and buggy are exactly the same. But if you look closely most parts have had a little extra meat put in them on the stress points or made stiffer or more flexible. This kind of way they do things with super fast design and production and running fixes really impresses me. It's not for everyone and some people want a proven product right now... but I kind of have fetish for the underdog and I think most (all) of the other guys that run these cars have that same kind of atitude.

Once way back in the late 80s I read something in a motorcross magazine that I've never forgotten, It said it's not the guy in the shiny boots and branded cloths with a brand new KX250 you need to worry about at enduros, It's the guy in the surplus german army coat and the beat up looking Yamaha IT that's going to hose you. I liked that

I think I'll be proven right that these guys will be right at the top very quickly just going off the hugely fast rate of improvement they are going through right now and there's just endless new cars coming all the time, there's a 1/8th scale brushless racer almost done any day now. TQ racing who sell the cars in the states have already won a couple of national titles this year with the trucks which are especially fast (both the stadium and short course). I hope they can get right to the top because I want the two big sleeping giants Associated and Losi to wake up and realise there's a race going on while they slept. It's a pity the 4wd has an issue with the diff gears since that is a very fast car but I understand the gears are being worked on right now.

I just think the whole thing is great because I've lived though the days when 10th scale was MASSIVE with clubs in every small town around the developed world, then I saw it go to crap in the mid 90s I would love to see it huge again and the more people pushing and the more entry priced cars that can be upgrade into race worth cars, then the bigger it will get
Old 12-11-2010

[QUOTE=DCM;430305]Hey, I guess if we both shit brown shit.... whose copying who?
[QUOTE]

I would like to say that as far back as I can remember this has always been the case for me and anyone else who does this is clearly infringing on my copyright ha ha ha

Seriously though, if another company copies any product in any way then surely this is the biggest compliment that can be paid ?

Looks like a decent little kit, proof will be in the pudding, im sure theres a few on here who will buy/try and feedback