Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 11-08-2011

Default advise please

right i want advise guys i want to turn my tamiya tt-01 chasis into a drift car it is all working with a fusion exceed pro 6.5t motor inside ov it running a 4500 nimh battery ive been told all i need to do is to purchase some new steaarings blocks and some slick tyres maybee even get a fancy shell with lights !
Old 11-08-2011
Mad Member

To set it up for drift just buy some drift wheels and tyres. You also want the suspension softer at the front than the rear and you can lock the rear diff (on a tt01 slap in some blue tack in the gear diff)

To go more advanced you will want to get rid of steering Ackerman and increase your steering angle.

The new thing in drifting is cs drifting, which you can't do with a tt01 as you need to set overdrive in the car which is hard on a shafty like the TT01
Old 12-08-2011

thanks for the advise i think just for now i am going to go to geedee models and get a set ov drift tyres and wheels also need to pick up new stearing blocks and i have had my eye on a nissan skyline r32 shell wich looks emense i dont really want to mess with the diffs due down to not nowing what they are
Old 12-08-2011

There are a handful of parts you can get for a TT01 to improve drift performance but as qatmix says, the first thing you should do is lock the rear diff.

Thats the gear with the other gears in it that make the rear wheels turn the opposite direction.

If your local shop is geedee, there is a guy who has done quite a bit of drifting there... His name is Ben (it could be Matt, I know a few drifters who work in shops but i forget which shops they work in) I'm sure they can help