Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 06-10-2009

Default New here too !

I was there 4th Oct. Was with my son (Gamerwillz). We were v impressed. Everybody v friendly. Nice and relaxed and cool. Diane got chatting to us the w/end before. She saw us looking at the print-outs and came up and said "Want to know what it's all about?". Willz has a stadium truck, not really appropriate I know but Jimmy (I think his surname might be Storey or something like that) said Yeah come on down. I will fix you up with a hole in your car to take a transponder. William was horrified at the prospect of having a HOLE drilled in his pristine car. I said shut up and just do it. After his first race, he said "Oh my god it was worth it!".
He only came last once and in the final he was (very briefly) in third!
He is deaf and his main difficulty was in understanding what the start order was in the heats. He couldn't hear the announcements. Fortunately Andrew Riley was in his heats and could help him before the beeps went off. But if Andrew wasn't in his heats there may have been some difficulty. Anyway, it was fantastic. And everything went well. He is going to build a 2wd buggy and I am about a third of the way through building an HPI Cyber 10b (with a Team Lossi Xcelorin 7.5 turn sonsored brushless which I don't really understand how to programme at the moment).
So yes, Batley, you will see us again. My eldest son is also v keen on racing there. He saw the track years ago when he went swimming ! He only has a Hyper 7 Nitro 1/8th buggy at the moment, but Christmas is coming !
Sorry for the length of this drivel. I will shut up now......
Old 06-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's always good to see new faces, glad you had fun

That truck was a wheelie beast!
Old 06-10-2009
Super Moderator

He drove very well for his first time there

Batley is a very good friendly club, and it's great to see new people there

G
Old 08-10-2009
Administrator

Glad you guys enjoyed it and hope you come back soon. I don't think I'll be coming this weekend but will be there the weekend after.
Old 08-10-2009

Default Hello Jimmy !

I can't come next w/end. I am off to Cambridge to see an old mate. Willz is a bit embaressed at running a car which doesn't "fit in". He has done some research and is going to buy a Team Associated Factory 2WD kit. He has saved up some money to throw at this. He will take some time to build it. He will take some time to tune it and get to know it. But HE WILL BE BACK. Make no mistake. He will return. We are both v gratefull to you for yor time and friendliness, and Diane. Willz enjoyed himself v much. Thank you. I knew, as soon as I saw your unique vehicle come into the car-park, "We are in!". It just took someone like you to say "Yes come!" Wouldn't have happened without your kind invitation. Opened a door. If anyone had said "What are you Prats doing here?" We could have just said - "Jimmy told us to come." Perfect. We got there. We did it. We will be back. (With a more appropriate vehicle).
Old 10-10-2009

Send a message via MSN to adrc_ben
Default newbee

Hi my Name is Ben Gosling, Ive raced 1/10th touring cars in the past (back in the days when pro4's were about haha), but i quit do to insufficient funds cos of uni. I now live in leeds and as a hobby instead of drinking was to buy another little car, i went to modelsport and got a hpi trophy buggy (always wanted to try the nitro), i was wondering does ur club cater for nitro buggies as im keen to try racing again, all ive been doing is creating a track on a field using tennis balls as corner markers but racing on a track again excites me, get back to me when you can, thanks, Ben
Old 10-10-2009
Mad Member

sorry batley is electric only

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 10-10-2009

Send a message via MSN to adrc_ben

do you know any clubs around west yorkshire that cater nitro buggies please?
Old 10-10-2009
Mad Member

the only one i can think of around there is wakefield (nook raceway) witch run mainly 1/8th rallycross

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 10-10-2009
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
sorry batley is electric only
Yes sadly with a housing development adjoining the track, we do have to watch the noise