Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 16-10-2009

Default Losi Brushless System

Losi Xcelorin 1/10th (I think). Sensored. Bought a week ago. 6.5 turn.
Well I got the whole thing installed and working, but now need to configure it with the Losi software. I need to tell it it's running on a 2.4Ghz system. Can't do that with the quick programming card. It doesn't seem to see where to find the device drivers. I connect the tiny USB thing onto this lap top and it ends there. Can't find anything. On line or off. Tried searching the mini cd that came with it and and the Driver folder in the C drive in program files, nothing. Can't find any drivers that will make the LED on the tiny adapter thing turn green. Nothing.
How do I ge the LED on the adaptor to turn GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16-10-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Uninstall the cd thing that came with it and try downloading the latest version from here:
www.losi.com/support/xcelerindownloads.aspx

I had similar problems with mine...
Old 16-10-2009

Also AVG if you use it seems to stop the driver installation from working. I and several others have had to uninstall AVG to get the Losi software to install and run correctly.
Old 16-10-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

What OS are you using ive read it doesnt work with vista 64 bit and i know it doesnt work with windows 7 as ive tried it.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 17-10-2009

Default Drivers for CP2101 USB to UART

Many thanks for swift and constructive replies !

No, I know it doesn't work on Vista 64-bit. That's why I'm doing it downstairs on a Dell lap-top Vista 32-bit (Service pack 2).
I have disabled User Account Control. I have disabled Windows Firewall (I have that off anyway cos it just argued with my wireless NetGear stuff and I am told the firewall in my NetGear thing is a million times better than Windows can ever hope to be anyway).
2 days ago, before I tried to connect the ESC, I uninstalled the Losi software that came on the mini-CD and downloaded and installed the Version 3.0. Installation seemed to go fine.
Yes I am on AVG !
The first time I tried it, I never got the message saying do I want to install the device drivers. I got a message saying insert the disc, or do you want to try and find the drivers yourself. I tried on-line and off a few times, nothing could be found. Then I tried a manual browse. I had seen some files in c:/Program Files/Losi/Drivers. These looked like drivers ! Promising !
So I told Windows to have a look in there. I got a Windows message - a WINDOWS message mind you, not AVG telling me that three files were riddles with a virus called Win32Flujacks. I told it to ignore and carry on. Then after that, nothing. I then tried disabling AVG by turning it off (right click on the tray icon and select exit). It disappears form my toolbar at the bottom so I think it's off ?
Now, I can plug the USB adapter in and the red light comes on and then that's it. Nothing else happens now. I might as well plug a dead banana into it. Zilch. Red LED's on, so it's connected and powered.
Do you really think uninstalling AVG is the key to this ?
It seems a bit drastic. I have turned AVG off now and it still doesn't work.
I am stuck. I am getting fed-up.
What do you think ? Anybody
Old 17-10-2009

I had to uninstall AVG to get mine to work, just turning it off didn't work. It's a bit pants really!
Old 17-10-2009

Default OK

OK I am uninstalling AVG tonight. Not a bog deal I don't suppose really. I still have the original AVG Free download in my downloads folder anyway so I can easily put it back on again.
Will let you know how it goes !
(although I intend to have some alcohol tonight so probably will leave trying to set the car up until 7:00am tomorrow morning !).
Old 17-10-2009

I uninstalled AVG.
Re-booted. Just the same, plug the USB adapter in and nothing. Red LED. That's it. Zilch as usual.
What worries me is that my son just purchased the very same thing today !
Have we chucked £300 away ?
I have tried getting on to the Losi forum, but they say they will send me joining instructions to my e-mail address. Nothing arrives. When I try to register again, they say my e-mail address is already in use.
No chance of getting this thing ready to race tomorrow now.
Waste of time.
Old 17-10-2009
Banned

that crap losi for you ,you payed £300 for 2 brushless combo
Old 17-10-2009

My brother in law has the same issues mate we tried for hours to get it to run but its just abit shit.
Old 17-10-2009

Do you have access to another pc, a mates etc. I had this issue with my laptop, but then it worked fine with my main pc. Incidently it was also a Dell laptop running service pack 2 at the time... Trying it elsewhere is without doubt your best option. Maybe drink or share your beer at your mates whilst hijacking his pc .
Old 18-10-2009

Default 64 - Bit

It's 64-bit stuff though (my main PC).
.....could maybe get a go on the wife's though...
Or a netbook that's lying around doing nothing with XP on it ???????????
No,, what I'm going to do first is uninstall and re-install Losi software V.3
Maybe Losi stuff didn't install correctly when AVG8 was installed ?
Old 18-10-2009

I had to reinstall the losi software after getting rid of AVG.
Old 18-10-2009

No nothing worked. Tried it on a Windows XP Netbook with AVG disabled and Firewalls alll off. Nothing.
Interestingly, this machine (Windows Resident Shield) also reported three filed in Losi/Drivers infected with Win32/Fujacks. And a subsequent AVG scan found them also.
I daren't proceed any more having read what Win32/Fujacks can do to a PC.
Is it possible that Losi software is riddled with Win32/Fujacks ?
Old 18-10-2009

Was this the Losi software on the CD rom that came with your speed controller?
Old 18-10-2009

The V.3 of the software from the Losi web-site.
Old 18-10-2009

Possibly your best bet is to ask if there is anyone local to you who is willing to help. Preferably, they already have the software installed on there machine and can get you sorted out in the first instance, then continue to persue trying to get it to work on your machines..

I seem to remember that when it worked on my main pc, it recognised the CP2101 to UART driver requirement automatically and then installed drivers automatically. As there were none on the CD. This left only the software to install.

Also, are you installing as administrator? I think if you find the setup.exe file and right click, you should get the option to run as admistrator.

You'll need all AV software dissabled too, not just AVG, so if you have windows shield etc, dissable it.

Incidently, have you read the Losi installation instructions here..

http://www.losi.com/Content/Support/...areInstall.pdf
Old 18-10-2009

Yes I have read instructions a hundred times.
Yes, when I right click the .exe file it has the shield next to it which says "Run as an administrator."
Mine did once recognise that it required the CP2101 driver, but it never could find it.
I did go into advanced and selected "Allow full control."
But then the voices in my head (the wife!) say "You know full well that V.3 is riddled with Win32/Fujacks as 2 different PC's and 2 different versions of Windows have told you this, AND AVG had identified them, and you want to give it "Full Control?????"
So I daren't run it anymore.
One thing I haven't tried is V.1 set up that came on the CD.
I have just been trying to get V.3 to work.
But I've heard that V.1 is dangerous and can become unstable and fry the ESC settings.
So I don't think I dare run anything now.
I have left a message on the LOSI Horizon Hobbies thing support site.
They say they will respond in 3-4 working days.
Maybe someone at MB Models in Leeds has this software operational ?
Old 18-10-2009

Kaspersky (and McAfee before that) pick up no viruses on the latest version of Losi software on my computer, it's a false positive from AVG.

I do know the frustrations you're having with the software though. It installed fine on my laptop but my desktop has the same problem as you - they're both running Vista Home Premium and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to recognise the UART device and install the drivers. I blame Mr. Gates personally...
Old 18-10-2009

But I have run it with AVG UNINSTALLED !
How can this be ?
It was Windows Resident Shield which originally showed up the problem.
But I have got Windows Defender off !
Don't understand.